Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Should be BYOBD-II. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 15, 2022

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have no uncontroversial opinions other than you shouldn't run people off the road.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 15, 2022

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'm not proud of it I just think its how we all should drive at a minimum.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Krakkles posted:

It's been over three years since you were last probated for trying to make this point, can you maybe just put me on your ignore list or something?
Sure, don't be rude to me for no reason in the future and I'll have no reason to bring it up!

I'll even donate $10 to a charity of your choice if you want to change your old road raging avatar, if Elmnt80 allows it.

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 29, 2020

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
RGD: Regretfully Getting DEF

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Round of applause in order for the AI crew.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Just want to say thanks and I support the change. Also thanks for modding!

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Cool new name guys :cool:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Love the new name. The Anime one was a bit cringey.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Anime Draws The Real Weirdos

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Angryrobots is good at this. Angryrobots for anime mod.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Domo arigato, Automotive Inanity-san

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Did the name change break archive access? 'cause I'm not pulling anything up, at all.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

It shouldn't affect it at all. Something fucky may be going on with your archive access, I'd say PM an admin/Jeffrey.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So, I'm not sure if it was a ~thing~ when IoC was mod and I dunno if Adiabatic did it while mod, but there is a section of the goldmine called the goodmine dedicated to cool goon projects and such that I'd like to make more use of in AI. The idea is that when there is a big project thread that wraps up, I'd like to send it to the goodmine so other goons lookin for cool stuff can see how AI rolls. It also keeps them more accessible for people looking for them for archive purposes. While I can't move stuff thats dropped into archives, I'd see about moving any completed project threads (or ones that have a bunch of completed content but have dropped off due to inactivity) that are on the active forums there.

I'd also like to see if we can get a reboot to the "People you share the road with" going so if nothing else, at least the op isn't a permabanned user. It feels appropriate since it has evolved from being a thread about sharing the road with poorly maintained cars to griping about sharing the road with general idiots and bad drivers.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i wish AI's mod had better taste in pizza

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
oops, sorry Elmnt! didn't see you there

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Well at least it wasnt a pineapple on a PT Cruiser.

Oh god did I just rule 34 that into existance?????

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh god did I just rule 34 that into existance?????

Look into your heart and ask that question again...

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It may have been Subaru parts on a pizza. Before that happens, looking for decent internals to rebuild a stock 257 shorty!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Munkeylord posted:

It may have been Subaru parts on a pizza. Before that happens, looking for decent internals to rebuild a stock 257 shorty!

Try allinternalshortys.com , right terrist?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Elmnt80 posted:

I'd also like to see if we can get a reboot to the "People you share the road with" going so if nothing else, at least the op isn't a permabanned user. It feels appropriate since it has evolved from being a thread about sharing the road with poorly maintained cars to griping about sharing the road with general idiots and bad drivers.

I think you should do this quickly and I don't think the OP needs to be much of anything, other than a quick outline of what the goal is.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

The idea is that when there is a big project thread that wraps up, I'd like to send it to the goodmine so other goons lookin for cool stuff can see how AI rolls. It also keeps them more accessible for people looking for them for archive purposes. While I can't move stuff thats dropped into archives, I'd see about moving any completed project threads (or ones that have a bunch of completed content but have dropped off due to inactivity) that are on the active forums there.

Does this mean we'll be expected to actually finish projects now? This isn't what I signed up for.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Does this mean we'll be expected to actually finish projects now? This isn't what I signed up for.

:emptyquote:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

gently caress's sake.

I only pulled the engine/gearbox and stuck it in the back of the garage in 2004. Give me a loving chance.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Lol, no. A project car is never really finished and all that, but if a thread drops off to where it would normally be archived and has a ton of good content in it, I'd rather it be in the goodmine where other goons can check it out.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Not sure if there's a right thread for this but whatever happened to Adiabatic? I don't read the chat thread anymore for reasons, maybe it was there. Hadn't seen him post either but know some goons are local to him and just hoping he's ok.

Thanks for taking on mod status.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Krakkles posted:

I read somewhere that he (probably got really busy with life), withdrew from basically all social media, but still occasionally updates facebook and seems to be fine.

Probably chat thread, probably a few months ago, but way too many posts to find it for sure.

Yeah, He's doing well. Super busy with life, and probably sick to death of social media like everyone else. He's on a Telegram group with a bunch of locals that I'm somehow part of.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

At least our new boss lets us occasionally delve into politics knowing that we're adult enough to not descend into stupidity. Adiabatic's desire to quench all discussion and always both sides stuff was garbage.

*edit: I'm sure he's a good dude but he freaked out a lot for a mod, escaping all this is obviously better for him.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Olympic Mathlete posted:

At least our new boss lets us occasionally delve into politics knowing that we're adult enough to not descend into stupidity. Adiabatic's desire to quench all discussion and always both sides stuff was garbage.

*edit: I'm sure he's a good dude but he freaked out a lot for a mod, escaping all this is obviously better for him.

There's a billion other places on the internet to argue with other shitheads about politics. I didn't mind it personally and liked the "safe haven" aspect. Wes was chill for the most part.

Glad he's doing well even if it isn't here. I wanted to see that mr2 content.:( And badger, mostly.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Krakkles posted:

I read somewhere that he (probably got really busy with life), withdrew from basically all social media, but still occasionally updates facebook and seems to be fine.

Probably chat thread, probably a few months ago, but way too many posts to find it for sure.

He's either blocked me on Facebook, or deactivated his account. I suspect the former, as a deactivated account usually still shows up (just a blank picture for them tho) - he's missing entirely from my friends list now - though we hadn't talked on FB in over a year.

Kinda seems like he just wanted to distance himself from SA as much as possible? :shrug:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Suburban Dad posted:

There's a billion other places on the internet to argue with other shitheads about politics. I didn't mind it personally and liked the "safe haven" aspect. Wes was chill for the most part.

ehhhhhhhh but politics is everywhere, you can't run and hide from it and to pretend you can suggests the decisions made don't affect you or you're cool with how things are (and you really shouldn't be). it's also nice to discuss it with people you know rather than with people you don't. Yes there are specific political forums but the mods there don't threaten probes when you talk about other subjects do they? He was definitely far too keen to squash any political discussion even if it was benign in nature and that's either poor modding or an inherent desire to avoid other people's views because they didn't align with his.

Elmnt80 is far more chill about things and doesn't seem to feel the need to treat anyone like a kid. Definite improvement.

*edit: oh and Cat Interceptor is OK I guess :v:

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 21, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

ehhhhhhhh but politics is everywhere, you can't run and hide from it and to pretend you can suggests the decisions made don't affect you or you're cool with how things are (and you really shouldn't be). it's also nice to discuss it with people you know rather than with people you don't. Yes there are specific political forums but the mods there don't threaten probes when you talk about other subjects do they? He was definitely far too keen to squash any political discussion even if it was benign in nature and that's either poor modding or an inherent desire to avoid other people's views because they didn't align with his.

I doubt that, he was probably responding to complaints about it and doing his job actually.

I didn't complain to him about it, but I was perfectly fine with keeping it out tbh. I get enough of it everywhere else and sometimes it's nice to chat without it coming up for a change.

Not everyone makes decisions based on their personal views.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yes there are specific political forums but the mods there don't threaten probes when you talk about other subjects do they?

Ironically over in D&D they're really hardass about threads staying on topic even in the general chat thread. But that's because derails take off like a motherfucker over there. The general politics thread is very heavily modded because election chat and hillary chat dominate every thread someone starts it in, and they have their own threads. They let food derails go for about a page, and recently there was a "what was your first concert" derail that was actually super feelgood so the mods let it go for over 10 pages.

But yeah, the reason there are subforums is to have a place where you don't have to hear other kinds of topics, generally speaking. Even though they do come up from time to time. I prefer not to know if someone's a chud when I like their cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003