Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

drat , I forgot to post my picks, but here is what it would have been regardless of the Vegas Dallas first period.

Vegas in 6

Tampa in 5

I’m betting all in on the big teams. Although a Dallas NY Islanders series would be hilarious in terms of not what the NHL would want.

Edit: maybe I’m discounting Islanders because they have been fairly irrelevant for so long ?

Dallas is the 5th biggest Nielsen market and I think Long Island gets lumped in with the NY market which is #1. Stars and Isles definitely aren't the biggest teams in their respective markets but the NHL would likely be just fine with that matchup.

For the curious, Tampa/St Pete is #11 and Vegas is #39.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1303888897697607680?s=19

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Killorn got banned for 1 game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"Well that doesn't seem too ba-oh..."

That's some sad sack beer league poo poo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

god drat, look at that magnificent fucker

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Starsfan posted:

For what it's worth Dallas is just as good or better at limiting rush chances against / denying the middle of the ice as any other team in the NHL. I don't think that it's inaccurate to call them a very good defensive zone team.. whether being a very good defensive zone team actually leads to sustained success in the NHL is another question entirely.

It's worked pretty well for the Isles so far.

There's a lot to be said for it, especially if you can then counter well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Even if the Lightning make it to the Finals, they will have played.....how many more games than any other team still remaining? Frankly it's impressive they still look as good as they have.

They played 6 overtimes with the Jackets, 3 with the bruins, and now 2 with the Isles. I'm not sure if they've played a lot more games officially than Dallas or NYI but it's probably safe to say they've played the most minutes.