Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

1glitch0 posted:

Christopher Daniels has not aged in 20 years.

since he cut his hair basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Matt Sydal was so close to cinching in the World Famous Money Clip

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Es See Yooooooou

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
oh no they finally killed excalibur

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A GREAT NIGHT OF WHAT!?!?!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
A great night of WHAT, Ex?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MorningMoon posted:

-1 wasn't loving around :stare:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

A GREAT NIGHT OF WHAT!?!?!

WE'RE OUT OF TIME SEE YOU ON THUNDER!!!!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MorningMoon posted:

Picturing -1 coming out in an absolute fury that Excalibur was still talking and clobbering him with a kendo stick in the middle of the sign off

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

to celebrate another great JD Drake match, I will eat a Drake's Devil Dog

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Alaois posted:

to celebrate another great JD Drake match, I will eat a Drake's Devil Dog

Well, to be fair, you were probably gonna do that anyway.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

you know what

you're right

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Random thought:

The way Justin Roberts introduced O.C. made me want to fling myself thru a plate glass window

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

1glitch0 posted:

because he knew JD Drake would have a great match

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Deafboy posted:

Random thought:

The way Justin Roberts introduced O.C. made me want to fling myself thru a plate glass window

I also hated it but he's done that the last few times so I think it is A Thing now

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I hope some day Billy Gunn just leaves Ref Aubrey alone. jesus

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Deafboy posted:

Also, I hope some day Billy Gunn just leaves Ref Aubrey alone. jesus

It's a bit they do, she's fine with it.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
PPA All Day.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1366922970946502657?s=19

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I still can’t get over what a choice it is to give JD Drake the default CAW entrance of no tron video and the instrumental version of the Dynamite theme.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I still can’t get over what a choice it is to give JD Drake the default CAW entrance of no tron video and the instrumental version of the Dynamite theme.

It's so funny cause it's somehow even lower rent than him not getting an entrance at all.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's so funny cause it's somehow even lower rent than him not getting an entrance at all.

Yeah, especially when you consider that they started doing “already in the ring” intros for other Dark matches, there is intent behind it. Just makes me want him to be the 6th man in the ladder match even more, with that entrance.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

This is the go-home Dark.

1) Lee Johnson and Aaron Solow vs Peaks and Valleys. Disrespect to Arn from Valle. Solow and Johnson just look so professional and so smooth together. Johnson as Ogogo's son is amazing lore. I really enjoy Valle as a member of Team Angry Cuboid. Fun tag.

2) Las Sicarias vs Red and Velvet. One tall, three smalls. This is fun, and pretty hard hitting. King needs to work bigger than she has been, but Ivelisse and Diamante looked like smart assassins by bringing her down. The story works well and builds up Velvet as a hero. Big win for King here.

3) Top Flight vs Fuego and Jon Cruz. Flippydude match. This is fast, fun, and fluid. Fuego's cartwheel armdrag was really nice. Daunte Martin thrown over the top rope and just DROPS to the floor, that was an insane bump for an inconsequential match. This was definitely a squash, but it was nicely put together.

4) Large Adult Gunns vs Tony Vega, Aaron Frye and Angel Fashion. Aaron Frye looks pretty good in the opening chain wrestling. He gives Austin a sock to the face that could have loosened a tooth. Guys, I don't know how to say this, but... Austin Gunn is getting better. His chain wrestling is good and he sells well. And then we get Kip Sabian's stunt double. This ultimately isn't a bad six man. Not a necessary one, but fun. Frye breaking up the fameasser pin was nice.

5) ABADON vs Renee Michelle. Cutting from Abadon's entrance to Renee's "what the gently caress" face was great. This is a horror movie match, which is good fun, but it would have benefited from a crowd for the quiet moments. Not a wrestling classic, but everything about this was fun.

I want Abadon on commentary, just screaming and snarling.

6) JD Drake vs Stu Grayson. I sort of like that JD Drake just comes out to the Dark theme. God, this is good. Stu hits Drake with a chop and Drake just nods, like "uh huh, got anything else?". Grayson singles matches are a private joy for me. He's so good in a tag team that you forget how good he is at singles matches. These guys are just leathering the gently caress out of each other and I couldn't be more here for it. I want JD Drake to have old fashioned wrasslin matches against the whole roster. Stu you loving madman with that knightfall. Loved this.

Acclaimed video segment was great. Play this on Dynamite. Heeling on pushups was awesome.

7) Bear Country vs M'Badu and Baron Black. Big lad match. Just some great pounding strikes here. Taz getting hot at the concept of Baron Black being thoughtful. Ball burner. Change thread title to ball burner. Bear Boulder just knocking Baron Black over on the way to beat up M'Badu was great. That full stack fallaway slam is a murder move. This was great.

BUTCHER AND BLADE ATTACK BEAR COUNTRY! GIVE ME THIS MATCH, YOU PIGS! YOU HOGS!

Ahem. I mean this would be a fun match.

8) Colt, Uno, and 5 versus Skyler, Levy Shapiro, and Ryzin. A bit of a misc match, but everyone's good. Angels is becoming such a fun fast competitor. John Skyler has some awesome strikes too. This was pretty great.

9) Max Caster vs JJ Garret. That was a dreadful rap, Max. The "girl" stuff sucked rear end. Thankfully the squash is good. Big fan of Caster's knee drops.

10) TH2 vs The Infantry. You might not notice but there's a pretty good match going on in the background of the Excalibur and Taz podcast. Ogogo having to explain Strictly Come Dancing to Excalibur is great. Meanwhile back in the match: let's all appreciate how good The Captain is. It should be pointed out that Carlie Bravo is, as far as I know, still in single digits in terms of number of matches, and goddamn is he good. Taps to Angelico, but that's to be expected.

11) Orange Cassidy vs Steven Stetson. Steven Stetson is named after his hat. Lil yeehaw. Cassidy wears the hat better. Square dancing to the ropes was fun. Without the dumb hat, Stetson is actually a rangy dude with good strikes. Short match but fun.

12) Chuck Taylor vs VSK. Fun little match, Chuck showing off some of his stuff. VSK is talented, but I want him to do something before I can root for him. Chuckie just spamming piledrivers at the end is great.

13) 10 vs Dan Joseph. But the real main event is -1 on commentary just being a little jerk. Fairly simple in ring murder. The Excalibur / -1 murder is the best feud on Dark.

14) The Sydals vs SCU. This is fun and athletic. Mike Sydal is still basically Matt Sydal Player 2, but that's fine. Everyone's doing their part perfectly well, especially Matt. SCU reign of terror continues. I expect them to make it all the way to the end in the battle royal.

This was a great night of-

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

It should be pointed out that Carlie Bravo is, as far as I know, still in single digits in terms of number of matches, and goddamn is he good.

If we count the Nightmare Factory Showcase I believe he's at about 4.

also I missed the first match when the show premiered and went back to watch it, it was a good match but I lol'd when Solow went to low-bridge Chris Peaks and Peaks, instead of going out over him and the top rope, he goes out between top and middle ropes.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Deafboy posted:

Random thought:

Oh god it's awful and spoils the joke and makes me very cross

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Noncery aside, his voice isn't even that good. That's his whole loving job.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

They've got Dasha, a Guerrero. loving Brandi could do it while she's on maternity.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Royal Updog posted:

They've got Dasha, a Guerrero. loving Brandi could do it while she's on maternity.

Shaul is actually done with wrestling for a bit for mental health reasons, but Dasha could absolutely ring announce full time.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

CombineThresher posted:

Shaul is actually done with wrestling for a bit for mental health reasons, but Dasha could absolutely ring announce full time.

I really liked Shaul announcing and I'd like to see her in that role more, once she's in a good place for it. I liked Dasha announcing too, but I suspect she's more valuable on commentary with Alex.

I should :goonsay: that Taz and Excalibur ought to know that Abadon is capable of speech because we have heard her mock referees once or twice in matches. Maybe she can only be derisive and sarcastic to authority figures though.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Here is how commentary should deal with Abaddon. She is obviously not an actual Zombie. However, putting on her warrior paint makes her believe she is and this gives her tremendous power

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

She is putting on war paint to pysche herself up for battle

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
good news: that's exactly how they've treated her gimmick the entire time

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

"I don't know what her deal is but she scares the crap out of me" is exactly the way to deal with it imo

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Mostly. They also raise the possibility that she's just a crazy person.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

flatluigi posted:

They have not communicated this to me effectively. To be fair, I am dumb as poo poo.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Royal Updog posted:

They have not communicated this to me effectively. To be fair, I am dumb as poo poo.

nobody thinks she's an actual zombie, they think she's acting like one as psychological warfare to get an advantage over her opponents -- and it works, they're terrified of her

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like JD Drake and we need more fat hosses in AEW. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If they actually wanted to do that Horsemen faction JD Drake would be a good shout for it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

flatluigi posted:

nobody thinks she's an actual zombie

Taz might.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

JD Great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

flatluigi posted:

nobody thinks she's an actual zombie

i have no proof that she is not