Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
And you're telling me that lasagna allowed him to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
i guess he didn't eat enough of his wife's cooking

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lmao Ex

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Jack loves taking bumps, and will not shut up

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Very raunchy beard.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Gumbyish Body of Jack Evans

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
THAT'S WHAT GUMBY LOOKS LIKE WHEN HE TAKES THE GREEN OUTFIT OFF?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that was a cool spot

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i love angelico's weird holds

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*to jack, in the arms of bear boulder*
Come on Jack, get out of the ring!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lol at telling Jack to get out of the ring, as he's being carried by a huge bear

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Bear bomb is very cool.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YOUR NAME, FOLLOWED BY "BOMB", "DROP" OR "LOCK"

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Ref: Jack, get out of the ring

Jack: THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I CAN CONTROL RIGHT NOW

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
TH2 are a jobber team now :(

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Penguin Patrol posted:

TH2 are a jobber team now :(

Now?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
from what i can see, being a jobber isn't a bad thing in AEW like it does in WWE

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
a jobber is someone who gets squashed in an uncompetitive match

th2 lost to bear country, a new team who is booked as extremely strong and is going into a big match tomorrow on dynamite against one of the top teams in the division

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

a jobber is someone who gets squashed in an uncompetitive match

th2 lost to bear country, a new team who is booked as extremely strong and is going into a big match tomorrow on dynamite against one of the top teams in the division

In a big banner brand synergy match, at that.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
It's a side effect of AEW having an absurdly deep tag division. TH2 and Kiss/Janela don't win that often, but could, if need be, carry the entire division. And nearly every team is like that.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Max beating up the play horse was amazing

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

explosivo posted:

yo that chest, i don't think i've seen that ever before

It happens a couple times a year in NJPW and it's always rad.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Guys did you see Ricky Starks give the win to Brian Cage? That's what friends do for each other when destroying jobbers. Everything's fine!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flatluigi posted:

i missed it, what was the question that broke commentary

'who would win in a match between jake law and rex lawless taz?' 'whoever was more lawr abiding, i guess'

punchdaily posted:

Dark is fun to me because you get to see the absolute lowest guys on the card having main event style matches.

pandemic dark is loving awesome

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm going to miss pandemic Dark a lot. It kind of has the perfect vibes.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Indeed. But I will also be hotly anticipating which pandemic Dark mainstays will get over in front of a full arena

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

I agree. It's just so... comfy.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

mega agreed. i love it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
like sure dynamite is the show for sure, but... pandemic dark is its own thing and it loving owns and taz and ex are untouchable

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Limited Darkthoughts

1) Dark order vs Sage, St Patrick, and Hopkins. Very fun tag. Hopkins really has something and is a great seller. Sage and St Patric have a good look and great potential, I wouldn't mind seeing them tag more.

Bononi is not one of life's talkers, especially not in English, but the weird segment with him, Nemeth, and Drake was fun.

2) Team FTW vs Team Nightmare Factory. There is some green grass here to mow. Aldridge has something, the other two picked up a paycheck. I liked the faux-happiness from Team FTW.

3) Jurassic Express vs Rex Lawless and Dean Alexander. Lawless is nice and beefy and is getting the right lessons for how a big man should move. The singlet looks much better than his previous gear. This is very light work for Jurassic Express though.

4) Sammy Guevara Produce: Fuego Del Sol vs Ryan Nemeth. A second match in a row with Marko as a second. Hollywood Honk works well as a guy who is even disliked by his own people. Fuego looks good here, nice combination of chain wrestling and some decent strikes and lucha moves. Honk has some great facial expressions. They're not going to do it, but this would be a great spot for an upset win for Fuego, especially if it's caused by Nemeth's hubris. Jesus, Fuego has some NASTY looking moves (in the good way). Solid match with a predictable ending.

OK, the brief clip from Lexy Nair's show was loving hilarious.

5) The Butcher vs Jon Cruz. Big Butch looks like he just caught Jon Cruz talking poo poo about his son Serpentico. This lasted about as long as an actual fight between them would last. A very enjoyable murder. Sidebar: I like the look of Kassidy in Butch's coat.

6) Sea Stars versus Vertvixen and Jazmin Allure. The Kravitz-alike music is hilarious. I like the team look if Vertvixen and Allure. Hoping Delmi Exo shows a little more of what she's got this time. Nice athletic work from both teams, Exo playing the face in peril pretty well and taking a lot of decent offense. Vox comes in, slightly botches a headscissors, but then looks pretty great. I like the assisted senton, and I liked this match. Everyone looked pretty good.

Max video about Hangman. Pretty good fun, and they gave it more than thirty seconds. Just use these on Dynamite, guys! Nice La Parka tribute at the end.

7) Madi Wrenkowski and Vipress vs Big Red. It's like an LA high level city fashion show on the runway. King and Velvet have Swole with them, and I really love this broader team. Wrestlers should have friends! Some nice team work, I love the repeated corner whips on Vipress and the cazadora bomb. Really decent heel work from Madi and Vipress, and some nice athleticism from Madi. Vipress did a move where she quite appeared to dump herself on her own head. Okay? I'm in love with King's dropkick, huge impact and looks great. I want to make the sidebar that the quality of women's wrestling in general on AEW shows has shot up. This was an awesome and kinetic match from all concerned.

8) JD Drake vs Baron Black. JD Drake coming out to the kind of nu-rock that would play on 106.5 The Edge in Charlotte. Baron Black still wearing the wrong ring gear (just do the longbois, dude). Some great counter-wrestling from Black. Some less fluid floor stuff though. Love Drake's Vader Bomb. loving hell, that exploding German suplex from Black looked great. I heard a podcaster refer to Drake as Farm Anderson the other day, and that's who he is in my head now forever. Great match, but Drake is bleeding like hell from those chops.

9) KC Navarro and Aaron Frye vs Bad Romance. That Joey and Sonny gear is something else. Light work for the lovely lads, not much to comment on.

10) Mike Magnum vs Matt Sydal. I like Magnum's "Starving artist" shirt. By the time I'd written this Matt Sydal had already pinned him.

11) Vary Morales vs Matt Hardy. Dobby watching from the rafters. Weird he wasn't watching his opponent for tomorrow night. Nice bullying from Hardy. Not a long match, but pretty good fun. Thanks for explaining the imagery of the leech to us out loud, Taz.

12) TH2 vs Bear Country. Angelico dancing so this is the best wrestling show of the week. Couple of beefy bears come out ready to murder a couple of scumbags. Good stuff. God, Angelico is so very very smooth. Evans is such a yappy little dog, I love him so much. The Evans bump to the corner and then out of the ring was loving great. Much like ZSJ, Angelico has the major weakness of being a really good grapplefucker who keeps thinking that victory lies with getting into a strike exchange, which he then loses. Very good fun match.

Good show overall, some squashes but some great shots for up and coming talent.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pylons posted:

I'm hoping non-pandemic Dark isn't too different from pandemic Dark.

Also shout out to the Dark thread (and the new Elevation thread) for being like the only consistently great thread on this subforum. Only true Darkheads know what's up

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm hoping non-pandemic Dark isn't too different from pandemic Dark.

Also shout out to the Dark thread (and the new Elevation thread) for being like the only consistently great thread on this subforum. Only true Darkheads know what's up

If I were to guess Dark Elevation continues being pandemic Dark and Dark-Dark goes back to 3-4 matches again.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mr. Squishy posted:

Lol at Taz's reaction as Ex misquotes Shakespeare

Dredging this up from many pages ago but I must defend Excalibur's honor here: he correctly quoted the line, most people know the lightly mangled version. One of them did misquote Falstaff later on with the quote about valor and discretion but no one ever gets that one right (it's "the better part of valor is discretion" but even I had to look that one up to make sure I had it right.)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope they sign the Sea Stars. I kinda like them.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

OB_Juan posted:

I hope they sign the Sea Stars. I kinda like them.

I'd bet they have Vox at least under a tier 0.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:catstare:

Ricky Stark's loving roshambo I swear to god.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, it was hideous. I presume Backlund's ok but it sure looked like he was out cold.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Looked like Backlund hit his head a couple of times. He dropped his head for the roshambo from what it looked like. Not sure if he didn't know what to do or if he was already out of it by then. At least Cage kept his head about a foot off the mat on that drill claw.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Sea Stars theme is really growing on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

karmicknight posted:

That child is absolutely loving dead.