Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here comes Dark.

I’m reading the YouTube comments and all the people they want signed to AEW, which is cool to see.

Then I think to myself, “What if Tony really did just sign everybody they tell him to sign?”

Would the roster eclipse 600 wrestlers to spread out between 3 hours of programming?

You bet your rear end it would and it would rock. The first ever stable of 75 wrestlers would rock.

The 70v70 tornado tag match to end all tornado tag matches.

Sign me the gently caress up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dark was very good. Here’s my thoughts on every match:

1) Angelico is a very beautiful man and John Silver needs to recruit him to the Dark Order.

2) John Silver should recruit Angelico because he is a sharp, nice, handsome man.

3) Wow, Angelico. John Silver, you know what to do.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Megabyte Ronnie prayer circle has started early my friends.

I will be hosting punch and pie an hour beforehand and we will read poems about this beautiful hunk of a man.

Save him from corporate America. Take a mega bite out of my friend, Megabyte Ronnie!

https://twitter.com/matpdouglas/status/1305653211559268353?s=21

ICR fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 15, 2020

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Today is the day Ronnie squashes Brian. Next up is probably Moxley. Time to eat!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is the greatest day of my life

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That was a super fun match. I gotta see more Ronnie!

Just lots of fun, laughs and smiles. I was entertained.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sign Cruz. Get TNT to give you 5 shows in 2021. Let it ride it needs to happen.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

About to give Carter a win here and then he's on the special Dynamite tonight against Sky

This guy already has a contract in his hand, doesn't he?

He has to. Absolutely stupid if he didn’t. He’s mega-talented.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Don’t worry, both have already been picked up. There’s no doubt about it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I haven’t finished Dark yet, as it was long (but I’m good with this! More wrestling is better!) but I just want to say I’m obsessed with KiLynn King.

She rocks and I assume she’s with AEW for the long haul. I really want to see a live promo from her so she can build even more confidence.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sign all of these people Coward rear end Tony with the Good Biceps.

It’s just money.

Sign them all. Everybody tonight is fun and cool.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jennacide changed her name from Jenna Van Muscles due to fanfare. There’s a lot of people who love it...

Yeah I don’t. But Jenna does RULE!!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sign Jenna. She loving rocks.

And just call her Jenna Van Muscles when she gets signed. Jennacide on TV just lol.

WWE gonna draw the offer up right now

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This match will rule.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dark rocks. Tuesday rocks. Rocks rock.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I loving LOVE LADY FROST

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

What a great two main events.

That last match was fire. Absolutely loved it.

And Frost and Cake was a ton of fun and I felt, biased because she rules, that Frost looked like a star. Great in-ring movement.

And she’s cool.

https://twitter.com/realladyfrost/status/1333919109365501954?s=21

Dark rocked. Gracia said in an interview she will do anything AEW asks of her to Sean Ross Sapp...but maybe this match you should have said no. :(

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Gracia will be fine.

Very curious how much they’re going to de-indify a lot of the Dark regulars who are going to stick around. Most of them clearly are in it for the long haul and have the tools to succeed on TV if they’re able to upgrade their presentation.

Oh I know she will. Not worried at all.

And yeah, Tony did say he’s going to keep signing people so I’m ready for it. I think Dark has been INCREDIBLY GOOD to scout the indie talent. Give them a steady paycheck. It’s time.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah agreed. And Spears is incredibly safe in the ring, his moves are predictable and he has a slower pace that allows these unsigned talents to really prepare for their next moves and react accordingly. He is really well-rounded.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Random memory thoughts on Dark. We’ll call this Sexual Dark Chocolate: A Synopsis

Shanna vs. Tesha Price: I hate Shanna as a person. So, yeah, that’s all I should say but...

She’s really, really good in the ring. She had some fire in the belly this match and yeah, she’s a great wrestler. I still want her to go away. Tesha Price is so green it hurts. She needs a lot of time in the oven, and I’m sure she will get there. Probably the greenest of the women on the card.

— Adam Priest and Sean Maluta vs. Best Friends with Orange Cassidy: You know what you get out of Best Friends. A super competent match. That’s all, was a good showing for them.

— Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr. vs. Cezar Bononi and Ryzin: Biggest personality here is Ryzin. The guy stands out the most of everybody. His look is something else, he’s very competent in the ring and to be honest, if AEW is looking at him seriously (he’s very well liked as a person backstage), then he isn’t bad as somebody who will be safe and sound in the ring. I’ve also noticed Bononi hasn’t eaten any pins since his matches on Dark...his time will come in the future.

— Danny Limelight vs. Brandon Cutler: This was the second best match on the card. And I’m surprised to say that. Cutler eats up so much of the ring with his offense. I believe Cutler is 6’3” and I think his legs are 6’1”. He has greatly improved since his AEW debut. His personality shines. He is very comfortable in the ring. His little push he is getting is well-deserved. He is very smart in and out of the ring and it shows in his talent.

Now, let me talk Danny Limelight. This was his best showing yet. He looked very good in the ring, showed personality, was loud and vocal and hit some very quality moves. He’s always been a good athlete but if we see more of this Limelight in the future, he may have a place here. I’m intrigued. This was a very good match.

— Stu Grayson and Evil Uno vs. Baron Black and Fuego Del Sol: First off, Black’s gear is horrible. He also had a rough botch on a tag. However, the hot tag was pretty good offensively. But, amateur stuff. Fuego is starting to slowly add a little muscle I have noticed too. Cool deal.

Dark Order were the stars though. Grayson attacks like he is 6’6” 325 lbs as part of his character and I love it. Uno has one of the coolest finishers on the roster. Love.

— Leva Bates vs. Alex Gracia: No comment on any of this. I like Leva. She is a great personality. She doesn’t need a win. Gracia just needs more reps but her confidence is boosting each time she wrestles. I don’t have a clue what the endgame is with Leva. Worst match on today’s card. Like, it was really, really bad.

— Matt Sydal vs. Aaron Solow: Good match. Sydal is a great wrestler and he will help any talent look better than they are. Solow is going to be signed, if he isn’t already. Everybody likes him on the roster.

— KTB vs. Shawn Spears with Tully Blanchard: Love KTB, hate his gear. He needed a little more shine in this match but he’s a good prospect to keep bringing back. Spears is basically Randy Orton of AEW now wrestling wise. So, you get a competent worker in the ring who moves at his own pace. That’s all I got there.

— Angel Fashion, VSK, and Shawn Donavan vs. Gunn Club: It was a match I tell you. I’ll say one thing: Austin Gunn is the star of this group. His energy is huge and it’s very contagious to fans. He’s somebody to watch out for in the future. He has natural energy and charisma and he’s greatly improving.

— George South Jr. and Bobby Wayward vs. The Acclaimed: Really enjoyed this match. Let’s talk the people:

Caster is the star and he is the future. Bottom line. He’s gonna get the Starks treatment where once he hits Dynamite, he keeps rapping, he cuts the promos (he’s a very good promo) and leans in harder to the heel, you’ll see him really shine. He has IT. Making Bowens get in before him each time on Dark is foreshadowing of their future and partnership right now. Good heel move.

Bowens is the pitbull. Big energy, TV ready and great look. Just takes orders from Caster. Botched twice, but wasn’t painful to see.

Wayward: Really liked him and want to see more. He has to lose the pants though. He won’t be taken seriously with that. He is good in the ring and worth more looks.

South was CAW stuff.

— 5 and 10 vs. Jurassic Express with Marko Stunt vs. Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela: Best match tonight. Angels (5) was the star. Bumped his rear end off and he was SMOOTH. He is 22 years old and signed to the main roster. Yeah, his future is bright. I thought everybody looked really good here and it was chaos.

— Jon Cruz vs. Peter Avalon: You should watch old Cruz Dark matches and then watch this one. You can tell his confidence boosted when he was signed. He was great here. Avalon was too. He really is a cartoon character right now.

— KiLynn King vs. Katalina Perez: Love King. Absolutely love her. She has come a very long way. She looks like she belongs. Perez I know is talented as I’ve seen a lot of her indie work but she’s still so indie. She has work to do.

— Lindsay Snow vs. Ivelisse: Ivelisse’s best match yet. Snow looked more comfortable this go too. Ivelisse’s finisher is awful. Snow wrestled like a heavyweight. Decent match; still can’t stand Ivelisse.

— Lady Frost vs. Red Velvet: LOVED THIS. Great match, and let me just say: WOW has Velvet improved. She is getting much, much, much better in the ring and her confidence, her moveset, her energy...she’s TV ready.

And so is Frost and I’m at the point where I’ll be extremely disappointed if she isn’t signed soon. Frost has never looked better, paid her dues at this point, and has said she really enjoys the backstage atmosphere here. I think she is being looked at seriously but time will tell. She’s unique. And she rules. And that’s an unbiased take!

— Chaos Project vs. Alex Chamberlain and Seth Gargis: Chaos Project has also immensely improved. Luther’s flaws are hidden by Serpentico and vice versa. Did not care at all about the opponents.

— Ricky Starks vs. Damian Fenrir: Ricky is the truth and his time is coming. We all know this. He’s main event ready. Fenrir is a good wrestler who just needs more seasoning. Good match, obvious result and both competitors looked good.

This was a good Dark and if Tony does do the developmental thing with Dark, I think we are all seeing who the prospects are. After December rounds itself out, the prospects they’re probably signing in the near future should come to a head pretty quickly. Some already do!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Excellent show tonight. There’s a few other secret signings done to keep some of the wrestlers off the market. Gracia is one of them—was done very, very recently.

Keep an eye on Wrenkowski. She’s a huge talent and she’s on radars already.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, if they’re handing out developmental deals, Wrenkowski seems like the one of the Mission Pro wrestlers to throw one down on ASAP. She was carrying herself incredibly confidently and seems like she’s a little further along ring wise than Allure/Vertvixen appeared to be. Foundation appears to be there.

I’m still waiting for Gracia to click for me. She seems like she moves at like 80% speed in the ring and there were some noticeable edits in her match tonight.

So, you know how Anna Jay had like, 6 matches total before she was brought up to DYNAMITE to actually be on TV?!?!? Well, we know how this turned out and it will go down as one of AEW’s best discoveries yet.

So, Wrenkowski has only been wrestling in total for ONE YEAR.

Also, she has had less than 2 dozen official matches if I recall this correctly.

Edit; Left this out for context to compare to Anna, who is part of that “future of women’s wrestling” talents, Wrenkowski is 24 years old.

ICR fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 23, 2020

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Huntman posted:

I would very much be interested in a trio consisting of Abadon, Vipress, and Elayna Black.

Adding to Vipress talk. She rules. These are her besties. What a crew!

https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1345164839073800193?s=21

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is the match my friends. This.

This is the one. My body is ready.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Thunder Rosa has had three matches this year on actual NWA branded shows :laugh:

NWA didn’t do their Shockwave program tonight like they were supposed to this evening.

And lost more talent over the holidays.

I’m ready for that Rosa is All Elite.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It really is incredible. Tay Conti may actually win tomorrow’s match and get that belt.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

Clayton's pretty big huh

Isn’t he JWoww from Jersey Shore’s boyfriend?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

KC Navarro, he is awesome. Diamanté’s brother.

But The Boy, #1 boy, that strength!!!!

https://twitter.com/aewrewind/status/1349157206323843072?s=21

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

Be careful what you wish for; it's my understanding that Santos is a huge chud.

So is her husband. There’s a ton of them in wrestling...just some get outed.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

JD Drake will join and it will be the 5 Horsemen.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Alaois posted:

my first thought is that maybe her crohn's has been acting up

She’s attending Revolution too. She posted she was picking her outfit out, yadda yadda.

I’m sure she will turn up soon enough

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

REEL HER IN