Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Something Dark has been highlighting for me is that even Taz as a non-wrestling personality was bungled by the WWE. Him having a stable of powerful jerks who take things just a touch too far, hating other heels on commentary, being sleezy in a way you could see being roped in by it. He adheres to the Bobby Heenan school of heel commentary really well and they just... didn't use that? At all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Peter "The Busiest Man in the World" Avalon

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Luther, the original death dealer, kind of sounds like a muppet.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Red Velvet stirring it up????

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Oh! Will there finally be a good wrestler named Erik Watts?

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Is Sydal's new gimmick that he's done so much yoga that he's now psychic?

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
A lot of prop work among lady jobbers in AEW.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Do not even ask posted:

He actually got a good sustained initial push in WWE's ECW until he hosed up his leg and I remember nearly all of his matches in ECW being really good at worst.

Sydal was one of the first victims of WWECW shutting down. And then like everyone after the first season of NXT.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
I love that Taz's coaching style seems to be "always be angry, hate everyone all the time."

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
It's so wild that Billy Gunn was at his peak when everyone in wrestling was his size and now he's the third biggest guy in a company.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Some Jeffry McWild energy from this guy.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
The only good thing about Darby Allin possibly winning the TNT title is Ricky Starks winning the TNT Title.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Taz and Ricky Starks have big Coach McGuirk/Brenden Small energy.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
KTB is like Rhyno but from the circus?

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Are they using the medals to stall for a women's tag title for when they can sign more women?

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

oh but seriously I posted:

i pronounce "bshp" phonetically because i'm a dipshit

dpsht

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
No one can team with D3 and make it look normal.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Chanting "You're not Veda" at Anthony Agogo in my living room

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
That sideslam driver would be a great finisher for a huge guy.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
My new conspiracy theory is that Jersey Muscle Society is the real Illuminati.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
The most relaxed man in the world as interviewer

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
It REALLY feels like Diamante and Ivalisse are supposed to be tag champions. Like their medals are basically the same size as the tiny rear end women's title.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Judging by the way he sells things, even for a jobber, I can't wait for Darby to be the first person in AEW to have to vacate a championship due to injury.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Is this sad surf music for all Youtube live broadcast count downs or did AEW choose it?

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
The TNT championship being defended on PPV is kind of weird.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Can't wait to see Kazarian wrestle my CAW from Smackdown Know Your Role

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Oh! I hear this guy is from Italy.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Camorato and Black could be a good team if they get to know more than ten minutes in advance that they're going to be a team.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Camarato even kind of looks like the King of Hyrule when you first meet him in BotW, so it's thematically appropriate.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Kaz has a lot of latent heel energy

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
If the AEW console game doesn't have a lot of generic production music for theme songs it just won't be a true AEW experience.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
A lot of these women they've brought in recently just need to tighten their poo poo up a little bit and they've got a great division going.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Kilynn King, owner of one of the most generic themes in wrestling.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
This tag team is from the same universe that Wrath and Glacier are from

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
That weird swinging thing is NOT as good as a finisher as that side slam driver he does.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Jaime Noble vibes from Priest.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Taz suddenly becoming very offended is making me lose it.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Haven't seen a dude in Sabu trunks for a while.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Bowens trying for this weird ddt and it's not working

The five tools are him trying to do the move five times and loving it up a different way each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
You can tell when a woman is signed because her tights don't IMMEDIATELY ride up her rear end.