Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
8/9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I've been sleeping over 12 hours for a while. Going back to work soon. Probably will still get like 9-10 hours of sleep. I go to bed early.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I'll sleep when I'm d

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
I’ve slept 10 hours last few nights. It’s somewhat disturbing

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Mrs. Sexual posted:

I’ve slept 10 hours last few nights. It’s somewhat disturbing

This sleeper must awaken.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’m exhausted all the time. I sleep 18 to 20 hours a day if left to my own devices, which I make sure doesn’t happen. I really think I need to be on amphetamines to be a normal person, but I frequently abuse them when I get a prescription for them, because who doesn’t want to jerk off for four hours and have a three minute orgasm? I just feel trapped, it’s either basically narcolepsy or drug abuse. I’ll have to pick one for good eventually, and sleeping constantly sounds less productive. I wish I enjoyed coffee. If keeps me awake but gives me loving heart arrhythmias (which due to a congenital cardiac disease I never want to experience again, even though they say it’s totally fixed) and gives me the shits. People keep telling me the making GBS threads thing is a feature, not a bug, but I got IBS so I assume their idea of making GBS threads is a lot less uncomfortable than mine.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Depends on if I go to bed sober or not. On an a good night I need 6ish, I can subtract a couple for unique circumstances, but if we’re talking a sustained schedule I’ll shoot for that as minimum. I’ll probably roll around for an hour before I fall into sleep, it’s an effort to slow the brain down, but I’ll be awake and ready to go if I get that 5.

If I’ve been drinking more like 8, The benefit is I’ll fall asleep immediately but I’ll wake up about 3 hours later, go to the bathroom, then wrestle with my brain for a solid 2 hours, before falling back asleep and rounding out the night. If get 3ish hours in the second sleep I’m fine, if it’s less than that then it’s a long day.

Strigil
Oct 26, 2004
4 to 6 hours at night. I sometimes nap for an hour or two if the family lets me when I get done working.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

need 7-8, get 6-7. try to catch up on the weekends if the kids let me.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

need 7-8, get 6-7. try to catch up on the weekends if the kids let me.
Iirc there was a sleep study done at some money filled med school and catching up on sleep is not actually a thing.

I feel like I doubt though, you get hurt and doctors always tell you to rest more so you heal up faster. Now they’re saying I can’t rest more to heal from general fatigue? Well which is it?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

need 7-8, get 5-6. try to catch up on the weekends if the kids let me, but they never do.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Need 8, get 5, sleeping meds don't even work anymore

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

7-8 because i am normal, well-adjusted, and hopelessly addicted to cough syrup

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
At least 8 but lol toddler no let me sleep

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
7-9

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Iirc there was a sleep study done at some money filled med school and catching up on sleep is not actually a thing.

I feel like I doubt though, you get hurt and doctors always tell you to rest more so you heal up faster. Now they’re saying I can’t rest more to heal from general fatigue? Well which is it?
the fatigue overlay on your stamina bar takes twice as long remove via sleep as stamina normally takes to restore. use a green herb

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Need 9 get about 6.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i average 6:22 according to my smartwatch. yes i wear it to sleep NAKED :grin:

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I need 8 hours a night, I get between 0 and 13 depending on circumstances. It averages out to 8 weekly I think.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I prefer 8 hrs but usually ends up being 7 hours.

The worst is I can no longer sleep in on weekends like I used to.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Can't sleep too busy banging.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DickParasite posted:

same but posting

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I get about 7 optimized sleep time is about 7.5 to 8

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I mostly get 7-8 hours of sleep during a normal weekday, as long as I get 7 hours I am fine.

I can't sleep much more than 8-9 hours even if I try to (my back hurts) gently caress getting old.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I usually get about 7 hours, but when I don't wake up to an alarm I'll go 9 easy.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i am getting nowhere near enough sleep. since the plague times started i am able to sneak some sleep during wfh hours but it's still not enough.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not really sure the benefits of telling moderators my sleeping habits, i.e. enabling them to establish when i am vulnerable. guess i'll be voting 1 and moving on

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Varies between under 3 and well over 10 depending on which mental illness i am currently experiencing.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Oh, I get quite enough thank you very much OP

Is this how Burt finally ropes us in to his MLM sleep enhancement tablets and wellness system?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I ran out of pot but I saw kids slinging it after I purchased an italian sub.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I sleep 3-5 hours once or twice a day... I work nights so...

Also gently caress off Burt.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Get: 8hrs
Need: 8hrs

Going to sleep and waking up at exactly the same time helps so much.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

DickParasite posted:

banging what?

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
I may need 8-9, but I aim for 7 and get maybe 5.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

only eight ninths of an hour? that is not enough sleep to be operating a boat, burt sexual

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I sleep as soon as I can, for as long as I can. I workout 5 times a week and I'm almost 40 so my body is constantly being broken down and can only be rebuilt when I slumber. If I lose sleep or have a few days in a row of lesser sleep then I will suffer greatly

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I used to sleep really poorly (4-6 hours, often waking up due to panic). Recently, though, I started using a 1:1 THC/CBD product that my doctor prescribed and now I sleep for 10 hours uninterrupted. It's great.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Also, as a sleep researcher, I'm obligated to tell you all the following:

Contrary to popular opinion, alcohol and benzos do not actually help you sleep. At first, subjectively, they seem like they help but they actually make your sleep much more disrupted, and in the long term you will be much more tired even if you sleep for longer periods of time.

This is why there is the idea of the "drunkard's sleep", which is essentially heavily disrupted sleep.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Melatonin sorta works, take it around 4 hours before you go to sleep ~3mg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
We might as well get into it;

what are the best drugs for sleepin?