Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Not our bug. Ask upstream. Closing.

e: Working as designed; not a bug :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

WE GOT HIM.

- Mitch

:allears:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Cracker King posted:

Now he jokes that all his tickets responses are basically ‘that issue is actually google’s problem go hit them up for support’ for everything. He just needs to make sure traffic is moving.

I don’t know if he’s a madman or a loving genius.

Google doesn't really "do" support. And investing your entire infrastructure with them effectively turns the relationship into a hostage situation with a hilariously lopsided power differential between you and Google.

Anyway, there's a problem if the needs of the workers go beyond the cookie cutter, i.e. if they need to do anything beyond data entry. Blowing them off will inevitably lead to shadow IT as people jury rig whatever it is they need by asking their nephews.

You do not want nephews of employees running a part of your IT.

(A not insignificant part of my job involves convincing people to give up their illicit means of computing so that we can take over and actually secure poo poo and have some kind of inventory of what's going on. It's extremely :psyduck:. I've seen things…)

…our IT group has internal guidelines for dealing with law enforcement, prominently linked to on our intranet…

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

First step is to get the gently caress out of the line of fire and let the org deal with it. So…yes, kind of. :v: