Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Bros vs Lucha Express 12 15.38%
Jakeico vs Sonny and Joey 8 10.26%
Nyla vs Tay 4 5.13%
Dustin vs The Mister 54 69.23%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

Will there be a Kenny vs miro feud down the line over who is the greater gamer

Kip Sabian is going to be made about erasure at first, but then Kenny is going to break something over Miro's head and realize he escaped the deep end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Kip Sabian is AEW's first himbo

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can someone add this to the OP?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Can someone add this to the OP?

Pentoggers

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wardlow, Cage, Archer, Miro, Hobbs, Luchasaurus, Brodie, Butcher...we have reached CRITICAL BEEF LEVELS.

Also did I miss something about PAC being in the intro? Had he been missing from the show intro recently?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Alaois posted:

Pentoggers

I named it PoggagonJr but that's a better name.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

Wardlow, Cage, Archer, Miro, Hobbs, Luchasaurus, Brodie, Butcher...we have reached CRITICAL BEEF LEVELS.
This roster is seriously DEEP and BEEF and it is excellent

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

smarxist posted:

Kip Sabian is AEW's first himbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyG6cu4bgYI

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

Big E needs to jump ship to kick off the BEST OF THE SUPER BIG BOYS TOURNAMENT.

Just 4 weeks of big meaty men bumping meat.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Push Miro please and thank you

God bless AEW

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Big show would totally be Strong Machine Jr

2019 Rookie of the Year Strong Machine J is currently1/3rd of the trios champs in Dragon Gate.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Loved Miro since his wild Muay Thai Man gimmickdays in proto-NXT, tagging with Dax Harwood (or whatever his name is) and writing “Tyler Breeze” on a board so he could knee it in half.

I’ve long been curious to see how he could perform at faster-than-main-roster-WWE speeds. Hope he tears it out

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I enjoyed the FTR segment way more than the recapper did. I kind of love the idea of FTR trolling the unranked teams and refusing to defend the titles now that they have them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Didn't get to watch tonight but it sounds like a good episode and I'm glad Miro might get to be used well and be happy at work

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

it hasn't been talked about much because of all the other cool poo poo on the show but I really liked the Matt Hardy speech

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He’s not in character (yet?) but the man seems, at least, fairly articulate
https://twitter.com/tobemiro/status/1303904007451111425?s=21

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

it hasn't been talked about much because of all the other cool poo poo on the show but I really liked the Matt Hardy speech

Yeah, good on him for addressing everything and not turning it into an angle. Super classy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah that was good, and I liked he dropped the more performative aspects of his character to just speak as Matt Hardy.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I was extremely worried that he was gonna turn it into an angle but it was an extremely nice, heartwarming speech.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Did anyone else notice tay Conti looked like she hurt her right knee? She was grabbing it after the powerbomb and wasn't putting weight on it during the post match beat-down and when Shida came for the save. Hopefully it's nothing major

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

her name is penelope ford

Kevin Dunn account spotted.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Miro's brief thoughts on tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dPJZWyyCq4

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Troxartas posted:

Did anyone else notice tay Conti looked like she hurt her right knee? She was grabbing it after the powerbomb and wasn't putting weight on it during the post match beat-down and when Shida came for the save. Hopefully it's nothing major

Yeah, I just finished that part of the show and noticed the same thing. Wonder if she tweaked it in the transition from the submission to the powerbomb.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Basic Chunnel posted:

He’s not in character (yet?) but the man seems, at least, fairly articulate
https://twitter.com/tobemiro/status/1303904007451111425?s=21

He looks so happy.

Troxartas posted:

Yeah, I saw she was holding her leg after the match. And it wouldn't really make sense to fake sell it since Nyla wasn't working it over during the match. I really hope it isn't serious, it would suck so much if she hurt it during her first match after she signed.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

https://youtu.be/YtZUI0t2Mg4

Eh I don’t know, I’m sure there’s some weird way to hurt your leg by falling on your back, but it kind of just looks like she’s off balance when she’s set up for the beast bomb post match.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

A talking coyote posted:

https://youtu.be/YtZUI0t2Mg4

Eh I don’t know, I’m sure there’s some weird way to hurt your leg by falling on your back, but it kind of just looks like she’s off balance when she’s set up for the beast bomb post match.
She does look to have tweaked it but they talk to each other after and I can't imagine they'd go up again if it was seriously hurt.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Just got to watch the Matt Hardy promo - that was a great segment that seemed to have some real emotion

I'd be alright with Matt Hardy having an AEW championship run before he retires

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You know when PAC is finally able to travel again he's totally going to want to destroy Eddie Kingston and I'm glad they're starting to lay the ground work that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hope theres a healthy post ppv bump for the rating

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm really glad it was basically just "Look, I'm okay, and I get that no one wants to see that again" and not some gross continuation of it into an angle.

Also for people asking what he has to recover from if he doesn't have a concussion:

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1303902129107668993?s=20

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JOHN CENA posted:

hope theres a healthy post ppv bump for the rating
If they do over a million with RAW doing as bad as it did this week we'll be able to feel the tremors from how shook they'll be

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
aew is a t-shirt and cupping company

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Catering: $200
Production $150
Talent $800
Cupping $3,600
Medical $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my wrestling promotion is dying

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

A good chunk of the east coast Dynamite was running against the Celtics-Raptors game that went 2 overtimes to force a game seven, so I might temper expectations for 1 Million viewers. Still a strong show though, and looking forward to next week, even if they had a weirdly hard time explaining the schedule next week.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

A good chunk of the east coast Dynamite was running against the Celtics-Raptors game that went 2 overtimes to force a game seven, so I might temper expectations for 1 Million viewers. Still a strong show though, and looking forward to next week, even if they had a weirdly hard time explaining the schedule next week.

"gently caress man, we don't even know," is at least honest.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Vince MechMahon posted:

"gently caress man, we don't even know," is at least honest.

They’ve known about it for weeks! “Next week we have a special one hour late night edition of Dynamite immediately following the NBA game on Wednesday night, followed by a brand new full episode on Thursday!” Boom, done.

Both JR and Tony sounded weirdly distracted when they were promoting stuff, so I wonder if they were trying something new with production this week.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Just finished on the West Coast. Very good show. Whatever they've done with the crowd microphones is perfect now and they do not need to change it at all. Some good old chanting about random poo poo that catches on bringing me back to watching Dynamite last year.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Give me Miro on BTE already

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1303921141573193728

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1303921141573193728

Tay selling the knee here, but I don’t know if they would have her hopping around on it if it was really hurt