Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Bros vs Lucha Express 12 15.38%
Jakeico vs Sonny and Joey 8 10.26%
Nyla vs Tay 4 5.13%
Dustin vs The Mister 54 69.23%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gavok posted:

I'm really glad to see Miro show up. We're at the point where the AEW roster is full as is and he's the last former WWE guy I've wanted to see make the jump.

That said, I'd be totally cool with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Not that it's going to be happening any time soon.

I'd take Kevin Owens, Zayn, and Daniel Bryan. That's it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

it hasn't been talked about much because of all the other cool poo poo on the show but I really liked the Matt Hardy speech

I was extremely worried that he was gonna turn it into an angle but it was an extremely nice, heartwarming speech.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Just finished on the West Coast. Very good show. Whatever they've done with the crowd microphones is perfect now and they do not need to change it at all. Some good old chanting about random poo poo that catches on bringing me back to watching Dynamite last year.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, that feels like a work.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I thought that was Brodie’s music during the main.

No, that's Anna's psycho circus music.

Side note: I feel like every week I remember how good Mikey Rukus is. He's really made some great themes.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wow, listening to the Unrestricted with Kingston, he's got some legit heat with Chris Hero.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chuck's heel turn is just gonna him getting on the mic and telling Sue her cookies suck.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

Miro was streaming on Twitch this morning. I only caught a little of it but he seemed happy. Was talking about how cool it is to see all these people working all these different styles and how excited he is to get in there with them.

Also apologized to Meltzer which regardless of how you feel about Meltzer was pretty wholesome.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It was, Miro said he was going to hell but did not wish literal death on him. Ryback said that the world would be a better place with Dave "six feet under".

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1304126607175700480?s=19

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1304146431578501120

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The inevitable Dark Order civil war with the goofs against the tryhards is gonna be a great angle.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Would Stu and Uno split or would Uno just be the least try hard tryhard?

Definitely split. Maybe the Beaver Boys split too since Brodie Lee likes Alex.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

They are, of course, defeated once again just like Venture Bros.
Too soon.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Honestly, yeah, I'd be terrified about Bryan coming to AEW (though I wouldn't be against it). Now, Sami, on the other hand..

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

i liked the tag gauntlet for the title shot at the PPV, seems like a fun way to do some major movement towards a title match without having to generate a feud between the champ and the challenger

Yeah, it feels like a fantastic way to settle the rankings for a PPV shot, give value to being on the rankings in the first place and even moreso being the #2 spot.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think not taking the insane offer Tony gave him is probably the worst decision he's ever made.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If Punk wants to come to AEW, cool, I wasn't around when he was going so if he's good and can get over, more power to him, but every time he posts some sly hint tweet about not being done or whatever makes me less interested.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also it'd be fun to have them beg off a title challenge against a ranked opponent (Jurassic Express aren't ranked right now) because they're challenging a non-ranked opponent in a non-title match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hour 1

Q1: 989k - 498k

Q2: 1.004m - 496k

Q3: 1.026m - 487k

Q4: 1.017m - 486k

Hour 2

Q1: 1.026m - 523k

Q2: 989k - 469k

Q3: 973k - 427k

Q4: 1.066m - 458k

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

All wrestling really needs is someone giving notes on what worked, what didn’t and what almost worked. Producers/agents work well for that, but I think there’s value in including perspectives from non-wrestlers as well, even though I’m sure a lot of wrestlers would disagree with me.

And AEW has some great producers/agents in Dean, Jerry Lynn, Arn, Tully.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

Spotify popped up with Talk with Jericho featuring Thunder Rosa today. It was really good.

Yeah, I'd highly recommend it. The better episodes are always the ones where Chris just lets them talk and Thunder Rosa is great at that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That guy behind Miro looking like he's about to eat him.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nick is the one that's good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1304625890211459072

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Really not a fan of stuff like that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I feel like they really need a third to keep the other opponent occupied while Angelico does cool submissions and Jack talks poo poo. Right now the problem is that they get broken up basically immediately.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Someone suggested Matt Sydal earlier in the thread and I think he'd be perfect.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Can't all be Sami Zayn.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

You have to remember he's rich and has come from an environment where for ten years he was told 'gently caress the poors'

In time there's a chance he might educate himself

Naturalized citizens are also some of the most pro-America people you could meet.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Everything I've read is that Dynamite will be Wednesday. I guess the one hour special will just air whenever they feel is best?

I think Dave said that they'll air it on the 22nd.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'll settle for Monday.

Actually, A Shot of Brandi should be today

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

dantes inferno was a weird game

Lucifer has a giant dick in that game.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

feels like they're really gonna push Jericho/Hager hard as FTR's first title fight

i'm kinda perplexed by that, but i'm happy to watch FTR beat their rear end i guess? :thunk:

not sure who else i want to see before The Bucks win the belts from them

Jurassic Express for sure, maybe Best Friends, but also maybe Lucha Bros

I hope they're defending on Dynamite pretty regularly

I think we could end up getting Jerichager vs. Santana and Ortiz on the anniversary episode.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I lost it at "What's Matt Cardona doing here?"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Bucks being immediately willing to corner Brandon was a great callback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wrong date, but I hope everyone is ready to bust a nut/get wet.