Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Bros vs Lucha Express 12 15.38%
Jakeico vs Sonny and Joey 8 10.26%
Nyla vs Tay 4 5.13%
Dustin vs The Mister 54 69.23%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Just watch his match from WM34, listen to how over he is and then consider that WWE didn't even want to put him on the card

Also simply watch the time he came out riding a freakin' tank to WM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

AEW and Eddie Kingston’s jorts getting some coverage from the new site everyone who left Deadspin just started:
https://defector.com/an-appreciation-of-wrestling-jorts/

Defector is awesome already.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Miro debut video on YouTube is already about to hit 900k views

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Kip and Miro are going to be so good together, absolutely iconic fashion sense on display from both of them.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:sickos:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:allears:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think it's cool AEW fans outside of one occasion I can remember when they chanted "We The People", which is arguably the worst and most nonsense catchphrase in WWE history, AEW fans don't chant peoples old gimmicks at them, that poo poo can kill a new arrival dead and it's good they know better.

Bray Wyatt got Husky Harris chants for literal months when he left NXT it was so lovely.

promos in front of a crowd not loving them up by doing the "what" every time they stop talking is :discourse:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

I don't get it and I won't respond to it

His name is my name too!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

shida/rosa ***½

Okay Dave

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:woop: guess i'm extending my lunch another half an hour to watch BTE

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I still think sputtering mad Kenny is hilarious

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Don't get Megabyte and Megabit Ronnie confused there's a difference of a factor of 8!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Super hyped for Dynamite and posting tonight. It’s very lame but having such a nice highlight to the mid-week doldrums really helps make the week go easier.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I Before E posted:

It's my birthday, I hope I get a good episode of Dynamite today.

:toot: :woop: :toot:

Happy Birthday!!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

xbilkis posted:

I was gonna say a similar thing; if it weren't for the pandemic I could see people trying to make it as an indies superstar based on an spike in name recognition.

It's so lame to say but it genuinely makes me kind of sad thinking about the possibility of most of the roster going to WWE. Like, for a moment I went "I could see Wardlow being a guy WWE is interested in who they might promise more of a central role than he's getting right now," and then immediately I was upset at the idea I just fabricated

smarxist posted:

Lol, weirdly same, I'm so invested into AEW as a whole and want to see it succeed and get huge doing things the right way so that the business can heal and be better that it would legit bum me out if someone went across the street for something as stupid as more money but at the same time, if that's all they're after then maybe they deserve to be in the bad place idk

i just want a healthy and huge industry of cool poo poo to watch and a major promotion that's not toxic garbage succeeding and having a healthy relationship with the indy circuit while not treating their talent like indentured servants who can't be creative on their own time and make money on twitch or whatever is going to be a foundational pillar of that

I think my favorite thing about AEW is somehow related to this -- there are so many people on the roster and that have been working with AEW between Dark and other non-wrestling roles (specifically Mark Sterling) that I have seen in tiny, tiny elks clubs and banquet halls (which is also true with WWE, but more on that in a second). The difference is, the talent who are in AEW now, I know they're going to be treated at least with human decency and respect and are going to be able to show all of their talents. The WWE people? Entirely different wrestlers than I fell in love with. Hollow shells of amazing wrestlers. I want to be able to see someone just starting out with my friends drinking in a VFW that grows into the person who is now killing it on national TV. MJF is that for me.

also re: bolded part: you're better than this smarxist, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Are WWE still only handing out 5 year contracts? If so, for a ton of the young guys especially, that's a huge commitment for their life. You're stuck there unless they end up firing you, which seems to be a toss-up of how you do after you come back from being fired.