Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Bros vs Lucha Express 12 15.38%
Jakeico vs Sonny and Joey 8 10.26%
Nyla vs Tay 4 5.13%
Dustin vs The Mister 54 69.23%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I dunno if people posted this, but Miro doing back to back wedding angles was such an obvious hint in retrospect.

Also this show had such amazing energy. They did so much, so quickly. So much potential, so many stories started and continued. Was it really only two hours?

And then Bert in what might generously be called a cowboy shirt and I lost my poo poo laughing at Cody's oh-so-serious intro of that Joe Rogan friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Alaois posted:

there was a cake in a wrestling ring and it was cut and eaten like a regular cake
To the dinosaur victors, cut the cakey spoils

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gavok posted:

It's Big Show as a Go-Bot.
What would his machine robo name be?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CarlCX posted:

I'm extremely happy Miro is there, and my feelings are admittedly not great about him being introduced randomly as Kip Sabian's partner rather than as a huge individual deal, but objectively he's one of my favorite dudes and I'm not sure there's any intro that would've satisfied me that wasn't him beating up the entire Elite singlehandedly, so I'm still happy about it.
Well, it's a tweak on the twitch thing, and him doing back to back wedding bits with a more light-hearted tone.

Also the sense of relief it wasn't Havoc kinda struck me.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

Wardlow, Cage, Archer, Miro, Hobbs, Luchasaurus, Brodie, Butcher...we have reached CRITICAL BEEF LEVELS.
This roster is seriously DEEP and BEEF and it is excellent

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

A talking coyote posted:

https://youtu.be/YtZUI0t2Mg4

Eh I don’t know, I’m sure there’s some weird way to hurt your leg by falling on your back, but it kind of just looks like she’s off balance when she’s set up for the beast bomb post match.
She does look to have tweaked it but they talk to each other after and I can't imagine they'd go up again if it was seriously hurt.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JOHN CENA posted:

hope theres a healthy post ppv bump for the rating
If they do over a million with RAW doing as bad as it did this week we'll be able to feel the tremors from how shook they'll be

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hell yea Mad King on the pod today. Time to walk in the rain for an hour listening to Kingston.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CopywrightMMXI posted:

So it looks like Matt Sydal was just a one-off for the CBR. I don’t even think he was mentioned on Dynamite at all.
He was interviewed after and made it vaguely sound like he'll be back.

That being said, rushing back in after a Titus-tier flop seems like a good way to keep the meme going.

Though honestly the men's division doesn't need more. It's so deep and beef.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I legit think the Vickie thing is just Nyla dealing out some shitposting while still looking like a monster out there and I'm keen to see where it goes.

I mean that t-shirt is something beautiful.

xbilkis posted:

^I totally agree with this and one of the weirdest things about coming to wrestling as a relatively new fan was seeing people basically say "writers are inherently bad."
WWE has done a lot to shape opinions in unfortunate ways.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pinwiz11 posted:

(Cax Fayden)
The greatest belt thief in the multiverse...? Hot tags so hot his hands are red?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

explosivo posted:

Edit: Did he shave his head? If so, :hmmyes:
Enough heat with the Blade and he becomes the Barber maybe

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pylons posted:

Really not a fan of stuff like that.
Yeah I like the subtle implication as they have bigger and better matches they're moving to be signed then moving up the card. That's fine, that's a sense of progression. Watching Will Hobbs get recognized and moving up is great. I'm more excited watching him, Griff and others because of that quiet feeling.

The part where it begins to feel like a loud in your face desperation like Drake Maverick is where it just gets loving gross. Kayfabe works both ways.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Waffleopolis posted:

gently caress this discourse. *I* just imagined The Butcher dressed up as Dr. Eggman and it made me smile. Do it. Imagine it.
After the one discussion I like to picture Silver and Reynolds as the Dwarf and Barbarian from Golden Axe and it's just so perfect.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's beautiful

I gotta ask you, since this happened to me: Did you google Golden Axe covers and hit the mega drive one for Golden Axe and feel your brain try to escape at how bad that cover is? I don't want to post it since it hurts to look at.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You're a winner in his heart

Hangman tagging with Cutler could be a cute dark storyline

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Final Fantasy blows.
Haven't played that one. Is it one of the phone games?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ivypls posted:

honestly of all the places to be stuck, daily's place is a pretty good venue. beats the hell out of the thunderdome or the impact zone
I kinda wish they'd fix that ramp thing, but other than that, it's honestly really nice. It looks uniquely theirs.

Having watched Summerslam and some of Payback the thunderdome is just really boring and doesn't feel unique. It really does just feel like being on a skype meeting or something. Daily's place at least says "This is AEW".

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Wezlar posted:

I am also not a scientist and could be completely wrong but I believe part of the danger with indoor things is the recirculated air?
I'm kinda loathe to speak on it cuz, like, maybe we're all completely wrong but that was my understanding of it. Air conditioning especially.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ganso Bomb posted:

The Excalibur/Taz/Veda team brings me so much joy. Hoping for someone to come to their senses and replace JR with Veda on Dynamite.
I honestly find I'm not really enjoying Dark's current dynamic but I'll put it on just to listen to them. Little innocuous jokes from people just enjoying wrestling does a lot to make a product compelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Giving up the indies, your t-shirt shop, your creative freedom, your screen time, your side hustles, your entire reason for wanting to be a wrestler - that is, good wrestling - is not going to be as easy a sell for this generation as the last. Ricky Starks talked about his favorite WWE performer - Undertaker. Who is gone. The lost generation isn't going to entice anyone to work there. A lot of the cool charismatic people are mistreated or were mistreated then left. I can see a couple people maybe going, but giving up a job you love for 5 years of misery when they need to offer you WAY more than AEW/impact/njpw/indies given all the stuff above is not going to be the easy slam dunk. You're not going to get your Ricochets who line up to be shat upon by "the dream job" nearly as easily. People like MJF and Jungle Boy know their worth.

And rumors of stuff like not giving Keith Lee a new contract when he went to main roster so he's making low six isn't going to help either. Or the covids. Or the saudia arabian situations. Or the systemic racism, sexism, harassment...