Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Bros vs Lucha Express 12 15.38%
Jakeico vs Sonny and Joey 8 10.26%
Nyla vs Tay 4 5.13%
Dustin vs The Mister 54 69.23%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Kip Sabian is AEW's first himbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we can't get rid of Jake Hager, he uhh *checks JR's QuickFax* has an 81 inch reach, and was a multi time state grappling finalist from the years 1998 to 2004

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:allears:

i'd love to see a jericho vs MJF program tbqh

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i liked the tag gauntlet for the title shot at the PPV, seems like a fun way to do some major movement towards a title match without having to generate a feud between the champ and the challenger

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's weird that they changed the tag championship belts and didn't even really say/do anything with it, just said "here are some new belts" on the celebration segment and then moved right along lol

did they change or?!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i mean if they're different belts i can't see the difference, i know they change the nameplates, i just don't know why they'd do a whole "here's a whole new belt" for a nameplate change, which seems to break the continuity and make the title a bit... cheaper? idk

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if someone is a better promo than their wrestler, they're the manager, if they're not, then they're a valet

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i dunno why Hola is dodgy, but there's a chrome addon called Windscribe that's decent and it's what I use to buy Fite/authenticate for shows/PPVs and poo poo. You get 10 free gigs a month and they have paid plans if you need/want more, seeing as it's a trial for a paid business, it's pretty good

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm unreasonably excited for Mox vs Archer and i can't wait for the mind games to start

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CobiWann posted:

I miss PAC, but when he comes back, the bigger the crowd, the more the roof is going to blow off the joint.

GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER, AMERICA!

no :mad:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They will hold the belts for the bucks until Full Gear

i know you're probably right but this DOES seem like bad/weird booking, especially if The Bucks are going to be more heelish from here on out (super kicking Marvez, etc)

presumably the first time they win their championship belts, they'd be the superhero babyfaces, but hey what do i know

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I'm ready for the AEW anime...?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i'm kinda annoyed with Peter and Brandon having no wins, and their "enhancement talent" in general having to eat so much poo poo on Dark before getting a win, it just seems a bit TOO cut and dry

wins and losses matter + there are guys who can't get a win in over a year of trying = :confused:

i dunno

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the only reason a wrestler should have a really expensive outfit with accessories on is to slowly remove them all during a heated promo and begin elbow dropping them

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

After the one discussion I like to picture Silver and Reynolds as the Dwarf and Barbarian from Golden Axe and it's just so perfect.

:aaa:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

After the one discussion I like to picture Silver and Reynolds as the Dwarf and Barbarian from Golden Axe and it's just so perfect.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah it got me thinking it's a shame they're against intergender stuff because a trios team with the beaver boys and her as the leader of two numbskulls would be really fun

maybe they can explore that dynamic a bit in BTE bits and promos

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
JR spent 40 years in the wrestling business so he could finally live his dream of being a saucier and condiment artisan

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

It's beautiful

I gotta ask you, since this happened to me: Did you google Golden Axe covers and hit the mega drive one for Golden Axe and feel your brain try to escape at how bad that cover is? I don't want to post it since it hurts to look at.

lol yes, i saw that one

it reminded me of this gag from the simpsons:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1305340776050814977

feels like they're really gonna push Jericho/Hager hard as FTR's first title fight

i'm kinda perplexed by that, but i'm happy to watch FTR beat their rear end i guess? :thunk:

not sure who else i want to see before The Bucks win the belts from them

Jurassic Express for sure, maybe Best Friends, but also maybe Lucha Bros

I hope they're defending on Dynamite pretty regularly

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Jake "has challenged for every championship and lost" Hager, nice chyron topper there

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Dustin has proven time and again that he can still go and expand his prowess so you can probably chalk up Hager being a dud to Hager (shockingly)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
finally got to watch BTE, fantastic episode of overacting, Dark Order nonsense, and the cake bit was just incredible. Megabyte Ronnie is a natural star and I love him already, he like walked out of a Coen Brothers movie or something

i also love Matt or Nick or whoever on the phone recording laughing their rear end off at Brandon's reaction to the cakes, loving perfect

i also love Brandon centering his Best Friends home screen for no real reason... unless.. there's a reason...

also i have a sinking feeling in my guts that The Bucks are going for the cheap heat and Brandon is going to get a super kick party at Dark :ohdear:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i knew where the Nak bit was going as soon as he wanted to be the joker and they revealed it was Sydal, the punch should have been him throwing oil on the turnbuckle then the botch, fin, but it went like 3 minutes too long and got absurd and alllllmost got funny again but not quite

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

he ate two (2) cakes

he has an addiction :mad:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
excited for Megabyte Ronnie's feud with Gigabyte Lonnie

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Final Fantasy blows.

cheap heat

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

I kinda wish they'd fix that ramp thing

same, i don't know why they're so butted up against the entrances, they have tons of space in front of the ring where the hard cam is set up, there doesn't even seem to be temporary chairs set up, they need to pull the whole ring back out about 15 feet and have more of a proper entry, even if they walk down some steps or something, idk, remodel the dang set

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
honestly, Jericho declaring his intentions to try and win the tag gold with Hager seems like the ONLY plausible storyline is that it will cause a confrontation/hard split with PnP

-Inner Circle has been pretty much "done" as a unit since Stampede, and really when Jericho lost the belt
-Hager is a complete dud
-Sammy has only been involved with Sammy poo poo, both good and bad, and will probably move onto another feud with a young future star, like JB or something
-PnP has just been slowly racking up wins and is a logical choice to be one of the first people in line for a shot after FTR drops to the bucks, as the longest tenured team with a lot of talent/ability
-PnP showed up for Orange Cassidy poo poo, but not in any real big way
-PnP is also feuding with a high ranked team, and I bet they take the parking lot fight

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Griff Garrison showed some decent acting chops on Sammy Vlog, and he has been impressing me in the ring lately, he's not a "future superstar" yet like his doppleganger Jungle Boy, but he's definitely got something

also with the top tail he reminds me of a young Jericho

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MorningMoon posted:

Why is Frankie so interested in Hangman?\]

okay hear me out

Hangman spends the next 3-4 months "trying on" different tag teams, so he joins SCU, then we get Hangman in Private Party, TH2, etc.

each time he wrestles with one of the team, he comes out in full kit and does the gimmick

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if it gonna be a pre tape?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oh duh i forgot last week was live, so yeah if there's chatter about the parking lot brawl I'm very excited

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Anna Jay is doing a proper "mean girl" in the year of our lord 2020 lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can't believe we're finally going to get to the parking lot factory

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

boar guy posted:

counterpoint: he's small, not funny in the way that a child that has had too much sugar and not enough sleep isn't funny, impossible to take seriously, and should go away

his Sammy vlog was a bit weird, like, the guy is probably 27-28 years old and acts like a 14 year old or younger a lot or as his "character", and he turns on a dime from goofy hyper active kid to trying to get Fuego to diddle the sink until it "squirts" so it's just this whole weird creepy jarring thing and i'm just not into it, pick a lane

he's probably doomed to be a weird side act like Milonakis or something

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/abadon_AEW/status/1306327836953915395

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
also good on Tony and other wrestlers for getting those types of stories out

if anyone with a name wants to sign with WWE to collect a paycheck and not do jack poo poo, be my guest, but if you wanna be a performer and have an impact on the business, I want to see you in AEW and that's probably where you want to be

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yooooooooooo!
https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1306306867736514562/photo/1

oh, already posted, i'm posting again, cuz :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

I was gonna say a similar thing; if it weren't for the pandemic I could see people trying to make it as an indies superstar based on an spike in name recognition.

It's so lame to say but it genuinely makes me kind of sad thinking about the possibility of most of the roster going to WWE. Like, for a moment I went "I could see Wardlow being a guy WWE is interested in who they might promise more of a central role than he's getting right now," and then immediately I was upset at the idea I just fabricated

Lol, weirdly same, I'm so invested into AEW as a whole and want to see it succeed and get huge doing things the right way so that the business can heal and be better that it would legit bum me out if someone went across the street for something as stupid as more money but at the same time, if that's all they're after then maybe they deserve to be in the bad place idk

i just want a healthy and huge industry of cool poo poo to watch and a major promotion that's not toxic garbage succeeding and having a healthy relationship with the indy circuit while not treating their talent like indentured servants who can't be creative on their own time and make money on twitch or whatever is going to be a foundational pillar of that