Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Bros vs Lucha Express 12 15.38%
Jakeico vs Sonny and Joey 8 10.26%
Nyla vs Tay 4 5.13%
Dustin vs The Mister 54 69.23%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

JOHN CENA posted:

they're the same belts.

They're not:

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1303830547622498308

tao of lmao posted:

Hear me out:

JR to sit-down-interviewer, CM Punk to commentary.

As has been said, Veda Scott is the superior choice to replace JR, which they need to do after the anniversary show. I've been thinking about why JR is so uneven and gets himself into stupid trouble and I think I've realized what his problem is and why it's time for him to take a new role; it's not that he's an old man who is slowing down, though there's a touch of that there, it's that he's an old broadcaster. He's terrified of dead air and so he rambles, gets himself into trouble, and there's no benefit to it. Modern commentary can take a moment to breathe and let the action happen and he'll never be able to do that. JR can occasionally be fun still and he gets full credit from me for using he and she for calling Sonny's matches but he's never going to be able to just shut up when he has nothing deliberate to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

fawning deference posted:

A bit of a topical shift, but didn't Vickie Guerrero say in a recent interview that she wasn't going to be the one-dimensional screeching character she was in WWE and that she was exciting to make Vickie something a little different?

...and she's been a one-dimensional screeching persona?? I think the Nyla/Vickie stuff is unwatchable. Nyla didn't need a manager in the first place and her logic for getting one didn't make sense, Vickie is like nails on a chalkboard, and the "Vicious Vixens" name is really stupid. I liked Nyla as the formidable powerful mean Native Beast, and they could have just had her come after Shida for a rematch and it would make total sense.

:sigh: yeah it hasn't been great. Vickie doesn't make sense with Nyla and I don't get the sense that there's any plan other than that they get on really well backstage, which isn't the worst reason but isn't actually moving anything forward. I'm not worried it's going to be the next Nightmare Collective or anything, because it's just the two of them and it's just sort of there but it's not doing Nyla any favors. So far Vickie's promos have been the most generic poo poo, albeit delivered with great volume, and if Nyla were delivering them herself it would be more effective because she can cut a good, intense monster heel promo.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I don't even know that it needs someone to do punch-ups so much as it needs a concept. So far the chemistry between the two hasn't been enough to spark anything organically, so it seems to me like it's time to sit down and figure out either 1) a more concrete goal than win back Tiny Plat or 2) a specific way they're going to operate and/or recruit. Just have one clear-cut, definitive choice made and let it grow from there.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Too be clear, I love Nyla and I just want her to be happy/break bitches so I don't begrudge any of this (yet) I just hope that it gets formed up a little bit so that it can be something that benefits her. I don't think it's dragging her down at least, it's a lateral move so far, but I'm hoping it can develop into something clearly positive.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm coming around on FTR, though I haven't seen enough of them to determine if they have any particular in-ring differences and honestly I think that's kind of the point. They're about the team as a unit rather than as a pair of competitors.

ICR posted:

Wow, that poster is all ex-WWE people and there are no women on it because lol at the women’s division

Anna Jay is going to loving murder you and no one is going to stop her.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

the escape goat posted:

What do we think a Nyla v Abadon match would look like? And how long would the "Vickie screeches hideously while Abadon twitches and then screams gutturally" exchange go on for?

Ugly and messy but in the best way possible. They've got comparable styles but they're at such different scales, it wouldn't be an elegant fight but you could get some great drat storytelling out of it. gently caress, I really want to see that now.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

HOT! New Memes posted:

Went to Walmart to look for figures and found 2 rings and 1 belt.

To be fair their was maybe a total of ten wwe figures but this is a bigger nicer Walmart.

Are the figures supposed to be restocked?

I just want the set but I am not spending more than retail and if I miss the first wave I’m not going to jump in down the line when the new series show up.

Has anyone else had luck picking them up?

Not even the Bucks have been able to find much out in the wild.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Hard same, he's great.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Kingston is a much more focused talker than Evans. Evans talking is a shotgun, Eddie is a sniper rifle.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

That was one of the funniest and also realest BTEs yet. Cutler and Hangman are so good together.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

JOHN CENA posted:

well wouldnt both teams leave since it's a parking lot? i imagine thats where they've all parked

Different lot, all fights take place in the Itchy lot.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Brandon Cutler is the friend that we all need in our lives.

He deserves better than the Bucks.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I mean, lemon cake is absolutely delicious.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Griff Garrison is a good friend. Leva Bates is a good Aeris. Ricky Starks is just so good. Ropey was also in this video.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

That's who I meant.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Here I am *duh-nuh duh nuh nuh nuh* Luther in a hurricane.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Cat-1 Barrel Clash.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/LeVostreGC/status/1306251079839961088?s=20

I think Taz in general is better on commentary when he's not fully in-character as heel manager but it's really glaring when he's bantering with Veda. I like Taz on Dark and I really want Veda full-time but he needs to be less greedy with his mic time when it's not just him and Excalibur (actually even when it's just the two of them, but Excal can go toe-to-toe with Taz at least.)

Here's my Dark hot-take: Rache Chanel is better than Mel. I actually thought she had a few good spots last night and it seemed like she was better at modulating the gimmick with the wrestling. Mel has been at it even longer and is way worse.

Dani Jordyn has a lot of potential but the burn book should go.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

ICR posted:

For these reasons alone, I hope her future is with AEW. I like the Burn Book because hell, it beats generic CAW wrestler gimmick. It’s different and different is good.

If nothing else, she's drastically simplified her use of the prop and that alone would be a good sign of progress.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Play as Coward Tony on your phone or tablet! Can you conquer the Demo and then tell the world?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

Different versions of Tony Kahn better be selectable in that game.

Coward, Big Bicep, Fulham FC.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Marko's gimmick is being a pervy weirdo. He sucks

I could do with him dropping the perv (if the AEW threads can drop the horny so can he) but Marko is delightful.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

ICR posted:

It really is hilarious.

With all bias aside, it really is sad that WWE is basically in existence at this point only to hurt AEW. Like, it basically defines them at this point.

Spite and pettiness are a hell of a drug.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pylons posted:

Veda Scott or Kilynn King, please.

That's my loving wish list but Diamante and Ivelisse should be on there too. I'd be happy for Lee Johnson, Sean Dean, and Griff Garrison too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I think another big factor that gives me hope that we won't see many defections is that AEW is a really light time commitment and/so you can still work indie shows. poo poo, this weekend there's a show in a far south suburb of Chicago that has five AEW roster members and some short-termers (Pillman Jr. and Thunder Rosa) and it's just so hard for me to imagine anyone jumping ship no matter how much money the Fed backs into their proverbial driveway.