Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Doug rules, he's not going anywhere

If any Eagle is on the hot seat, it's Howie. His drafts have been dreadful

Agreed. Past two second round picks had no targets and were inactive, respectively, for Week 1. That's not ideal.

I do think that the advantages that Pederson has had with analytics and being aggressive will decrease as more teams adopt these concepts. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts--more aggression?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I haven't yet read the article but the wording here is weird.

"reached his limit?"

"struggle from here on out?"

doesn't seem like verbiage often used re: coaches

yeah what the gently caress is it even supposed to mean?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AndrewP posted:

Didn’t help that the first screen of the link repeated the same nonsense multiple times

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MD2020 posted:

Agreed. Past two second round picks had no targets and were inactive, respectively, for Week 1. That's not ideal.

I do think that the advantages that Pederson has had with analytics and being aggressive will decrease as more teams adopt these concepts. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts--more aggression?

2019 NFL Draft
Trade up for Andre Dillard - woof
Arcega-WHiteside - sucks
Miles Sanders, OK, he's pretty good
Shareef Miller - cut
Clayton Thorson - cut

2018 NFL Draft
Dallas Goddert - beast
Avante Maddox - good
Josh Sweat - Rotational JAG
Matt Pryor - starting guard in camp yet suddenly couldn't get a snap in week 1 because ???
Jordon Mailota - massive project

2017 NFL Draft
Derek barnett - off injured JAG, really needs to ste up this year
Sidney Jones - cut
Rasul Douglas - cut
Mack Hollins - cut
Donnel Pumphrey - cut
Shelton Gibson - cut
Nate Gerry - sucks but is till a starting LB because Eagles have literally no one else
Elijah Qualls - cut

Browns-esque

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

“There are some rumblings from people inside the league who I spoke with earlier this week who feel that Doug Pederson may have reached his limit. Doug Pederson may be stressed out a little bit. Basically, it’s not going to get any better for Doug Pederson,” sources told Pauline.

Pauline did stress that this was not an opinion he shares nor one he’s rooting for, as he likes Pederson as a coach and person.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

2019 NFL Draft
Trade up for Andre Dillard - woof
Arcega-WHiteside - sucks
Miles Sanders, OK, he's pretty good
Shareef Miller - cut
Clayton Thorson - cut

Browns-esque

Tbf, I totally blanked on Sanders when I wrote my post, so that's a hit for Howie. I was thinking of JJAW and Hurts.

At least our cap space is in good shape! :suicide:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AndrewP posted:

I took it to mean that he's reached his ceiling as head coach of the Eagles.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

AndrewP posted:

He's reached his pre-set win limit

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I want either Duke Tobin or Zac Taylor shitcanned, whoever thought this line would be acceptable. Both if one won't take credit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not shocked/called it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Kind of a tame year when you look at everyone, honestly. Gase, Marrone (Gardner Minshew and strong rookie play may rescue him) and Patricia look like the main targets, but the Lions have been known to be conservative with hires. The Jets are the only team that I feel needs to get out now, let Douglas choose a coach or choose a solid veteran coach, maybe a temporary hire who can at least get things to normality.

This seems really foolish to me. He's getting blamed for lovely drafting and constant injuries. Not to mention Wentz underperforming and always being injured. The last drafts have done very little for that team, I'd look towards the GMs office first

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I feel like it would be really hard to justify letting a coach go who in 4 years has gotten you 1 Superbowl win and then to the playoffs 2 times since. Like, I do feel the Eagles have under-performed since their SB win, but look around at some of the other head coaches in this league. Who the hell would we expect to get if we let Pederson go?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Better Than You posted:

I nominated Fangio fresh off their loss (like literally minutes after the game ended) so it was more or less an emotional reaction on my part. He has since admitted to screwing up so I agree that it is "wait and see".

I'm already ready for Shurmur to be fired into the sun and I'm holding firm on that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm with you. Fant disappeared from the game plan in the 2nd half because...???

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have reached my limit and it will be a struggle from here on out

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

I have reached my limit and it will be a struggle from here on out

What about when Tua starts week, lets say 5

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Pederson has reached his limit of 'Super Bowl winner' I agree it's going to be harder to win it more than that each season

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Chip was right Howie is terrible

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

BREAKING: League sources say it's going to be tough sledding for Pederson. There are some in the NFL that feel that he's really in deep this time, woof.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well it's definitely time to talk about Pederson now

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1307738791436857349

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eagles suck and it's getting harder for the people in denial about it to stay in denial about it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does Patricia survive the bye week at this rate

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Benne posted:

He can't, right? Like I was pleasantly surprised that they were up, but this has to be too much.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Benne posted:

No.

He also might be fired

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

How many games does patricia get through before he's fired? I'd prefer before the end of this game personally.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Grittybeard posted:

Oh did he? I missed this, good for him. Seems ridiculously rare that someone does this.

My favorite example is that Andy Reid playoff game with KC against New England where there's that picture of the team huddling at the Pats 10 with the clock running under two minutes down two scores. Andy later said he thought they did a great job and that was the plan. Whether he was covering for someone else, just trying to be positive, whatever...like just say you hosed up and will try to do better. #1 it's painfully obvious that was the case, #2 it's also super obvious you're not getting fired for it at this point of your career.

Now I've made myself kinda angry too early in the morning about this whole situation again (it was like a 7 minute scoring drive and you were never once in a hurry so you might have a chance to get the ball back without an onside kick....:argh:).

I literally had to read this far to remember the exact game and get pissed off again, lol

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

So how about that Dan Quinn huh

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

OneMoreTime posted:

So how about that Dan Quinn huh

I really wanted to see Mike McCarthy’s Cowboys shutout in his first home opener, but the loving Falcons just gotta Falcon.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/paulapasche/status/1307774062941401088?s=20

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/1307777222875455488

whatev

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Well, SOMEONE from the Falcons is going to be fired.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If the Lions are 0-4 entering the bye I don't think Patricia exits the bye.

Next week is Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins. After that is Drew Brees.

Woof.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

OneMoreTime posted:

Well, SOMEONE from the Falcons is going to be fired.

Start with the special teams coach

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/1307779948913061888

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dan Quinn and Adam Gase are the same person

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Patricia has lost 11 straight games. The Lions' last victory was October 27, 2019 against the Giants.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Fire Dan Quinn.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Wait...Matt Patricia and Dan Quinn suck rear end?
This development has blindsided the Lions and Falcons and literally no one else.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

He’s only been there for two games because Quinn fires the ST coach from last season as part of his play to save his job.

Actually I may be wrong about that but still, fire Dan Quinn.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 20, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Shades of Deltha O'Neal in 2003 except Atlanta's ST is much more laughable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Why don't you have a seat, Dan Quinn?