Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
How does Dan Quinn not need to pay his own airfare back to Atlanta lmao

If Blank were half the mobster he dresses like Quinn would currently be getting poured into fresh overpass concrete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

was looking at their assistant coaches and how the hell is greg knapp back in atlanta

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

How does Dan Quinn not need to pay his own airfare back to Atlanta lmao

If Blank were half the mobster he dresses like Quinn would currently be getting poured into fresh overpass concrete

I'd be afraid that the concrete would eventually fail prematurely.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Here's a fantastic stat:

The entire starting defense for Detroit, sans one player, was drafted by / traded for in the Matt Patricia era.

Defense DVOA / Traditional Points-Per-Game Rankings for Detroit:

15 / 16 in 2017
21 / 26 in 2018
23 / 21 in 2019

After this packers game, I think it will be worse than 23 so far this year.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
I really hope Patricia doesn't wind up back in New England after he gets canned.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I really hope Patricia doesn't wind up back in New England after he gets canned.

Who better to keep the Belichik system going once Bill retires?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

Doesn't he have some dopey manchild hes actually blood related to?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Rectal Placenta posted:

Steve Belichick. They already have the same voice, he’ll just add his mullet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Barudak posted:

Doesn't he have some dopey manchild hes actually blood related to?

I don't know that I would call Steve dopey. He's also been the pats defensive play caller for a few seasons now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
For those who haven't seen or heard him before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUnsf6B6OVc

His mullet is longer now.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

So Courtland Sutton and Von Miller are out for the year. Blake Bortles and Jeff Driskel are the quarterbacks for the next 6 weeks. I think Vic Fangio gets to take the injury mulligan this year and is safe.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Simplex posted:

So Courtland Sutton and Von Miller are out for the year. Blake Bortles and Jeff Driskel are the quarterbacks for the next 6 weeks. I think Vic Fangio gets to take the injury mulligan this year and is safe.
:agreed:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chris James 2 posted:

Eagles suck and it's getting harder for the people in denial about it to stay in denial about it

who doesn’t think this

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't know that I would call Steve dopey. He's also been the pats defensive play caller for a few seasons now.

And is clearly a billion times better at it than patricia

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Matt Patricia has convinced me that rocket science must be really easy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

fsif posted:

It's crazy that he has a degree in essentially problem solving and has no ability to solve problems

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

fsif posted:

But what if he’s literally the worst rocket scientist? Like, so bad at rocket sciencing that he could only get a job as a football coach?

:thunk:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

where was matt patricia when columbia exploded?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

Being prevented from touching rockets by people smarter then NFL Team presidents.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

rocketry isn't necessarily difficult - it just requires understanding of a certain type of calculus and time series equations. modern rocket science is just a form of engineering. nothing more special about it than any other calculus based profession.

interesting note, some of the calculus for rocket trajectory is used in the pricing of options on the securities market. The Black Scholes Merton formula uses Itô's Lemma which is a calculation to determine the derivative of a time-dependent function of a random process as a part of the model. It was developed by Kiyoshi Itô back when rocketry was a relatively new field of study in the 1930s.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Get this numbers crap out of here all I need is my eyes

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

WTF is calculus fly away nerds

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LabyaMynora posted:

But what if he’s literally the worst rocket scientist? Like, so bad at rocket sciencing that he could only get a job as a football coach?

:thunk:

Wouldn't surprise me lol. Then again lots of people end up with careers pretty far removed from any degree(s) they might have.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Mr. Nice! posted:

rocketry isn't necessarily difficult - it just requires understanding of a certain type of calculus and time series equations. modern rocket science is just a form of engineering. nothing more special about it than any other calculus based profession.

interesting note, some of the calculus for rocket trajectory is used in the pricing of options on the securities market. The Black Scholes Merton formula uses Itô's Lemma which is a calculation to determine the derivative of a time-dependent function of a random process as a part of the model. It was developed by Kiyoshi Itô back when rocketry was a relatively new field of study in the 1930s.

Rocket science isn't difficult. *Proceeds to say a bunch of stuff I don't understand. *

My point was engineering, at it's heart, is about problem solving. So how the hell does Patricia have a degree.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Ehud posted:

Probably busting into a lady's hotel room with his buddy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sataere posted:

Rocket science isn't difficult. *Proceeds to say a bunch of stuff I don't understand. *

My point was engineering, at it's heart, is about problem solving. So how the hell does Patricia have a degree.

I am pretty sure you are being facetious but the problems and solution sets are much more clearly defined and structured in engineering. if anything his background probably makes him a worse coach.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sataere posted:

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean he didn't solve the problem. Some calculations always lead to negative results...

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Sataere posted:

Engineering is about applying math. Engineers are stereotyped as being dumber than scientists. They apply the things that scientists discover. Stereotypically, not literally.

My mother had a degree in Chemistry but spent her career as a medical device engineer. She said people who they hired from engineering schools had no critical thinking skills. An anecdote of hers was that, in lead up to the 2016 election, she overheard two young, white, male engineers discussing slavery. They came to the conclusion that slavery couldn’t have been that bad, because it was in the slave owners’ interests to treat their slaves well so they’d be more efficient workers. Abusing slaves would make them less efficient.

My mom retired in 2018.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
It's impossible to tell if youve really landed on the moon without using the eye test

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My entire point is that someone being a "rocket scientist" in 2020 just means that they have a STEM degree in a rocketry related field and literally just use math that axis scientists came up with almost a century ago.

All that you need to get a STEM degree is to be able to survive through some of the harder math classes. Some people have an easier time with calculus than others. It doesn't mean they're smarter. It just means they're good at math.

Patricia is probably really good at math, but that obviously doesn't translate to being a good football coach.

e: note I'm a bit of a math nerd, but I do not personally have a STEM degree. I have BS in eco with minor in math and a MS in Finance.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Patricia is also a rapist.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
rockets go fast fwsssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Magicpants posted:

rockets go fast fwsssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Do they go faster if we paint them red?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Ches Neckbeard posted:

of course not you silly boy, they go faster if you just adjust the angle of the air speed velocity torque vector accelerometer drag coefficient

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I've played enough Kerbal space program that the solution is always bigger engines and more of 'em.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Ches Neckbeard posted:

A panel of the biggest, meanest, greenest scientists around suggested this may be the case, but a full study on the matter has been put on hold until 'enuff dakka' can be determined.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

All that you need to get a STEM degree is to be able to survive through some of the harder math classes.

Lol, I wish that's how it actually worked.

Mr. Nice! posted:

e: note I'm a bit of a math nerd, but I do not personally have a STEM degree

I see.

Matt Patricia is fat and looks like a tent when he wears a jacket.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I am pretty sure you are being facetious but the problems and solution sets are much more clearly defined and structured in engineering. if anything his background probably makes him a worse coach.

I'm being very much tongue in cheek

LabyaMynora posted:

Engineering is about applying math. Engineers are stereotyped as being dumber than scientists. They apply the things that scientists discover. Stereotypically, not literally.

My mother had a degree in Chemistry but spent her career as a medical device engineer. She said people who they hired from engineering schools had no critical thinking skills. An anecdote of hers was that, in lead up to the 2016 election, she overheard two young, white, male engineers discussing slavery. They came to the conclusion that slavery couldn’t have been that bad, because it was in the slave owners’ interests to treat their slaves well so they’d be more efficient workers. Abusing slaves would make them less efficient.

My mom retired in 2018.

Holy poo poo. Now that I think about it, I'm totally crossing scientists and engineers in my head when it comes to critical thinking. It should be obvious, as it's called the scientific method for a reason.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Get this nerd poo poo out of my thread, we're here to talk about Real Football Men who do Manly Things like run up the middle on 3rd and 9 and not knowing the onside kick rules

(I'll have an update later tonight)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Belichick had Cam run QB power on 3rd and 9

Almost converted it, nobody said a drat thing about it.