Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riddlemeright
Mar 28, 2003
The Riddler
This is for hire if someone is interested. This is related to ticket brokering and is not illegal according to legal counsel. If someone is interested in consulting with me, please reach out. Passwords are generally not case sensitive and do not contain special characters.

NOTE - IF THIS IS NOT AN OKAY THREAD FOR ANY REASON, I WILL NUKE IMMEDIATELY.

Example -

https://www.eventbrite.com/tickets-external?eid=97804890059

https://github.com/USSCltd/www_brute - This tool is VERY close to what I need.

Riddlemeright fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
ground floor of an epic goon project right here

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Wait. You want people to make you a password brute forcer to scrape data out of eventbrite?

How is that not illegal?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

duck monster posted:

Wait. You want people to make you a password brute forcer to scrape data out of eventbrite?

How is that not illegal?

I mean I can easily see it not being illegal. However, it can be legal and still be wrong...

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Eventbrite almost certainly has counter measures on their side that would make any brute force attempt futile

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I know a guy in Chiba City named Henry Case that can help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Lorem ipsum posted:

I mean I can easily see it not being illegal. However, it can be legal and still be wrong...

Brute forcing passwords? Yeah the hick county judge when Eventbrite drags you into court probably wont be too sympathetic to whatever the higher goal is.

Just contact Eventbrite and tell them what you want to do, the big picture version not the password cracking part. Chances are they can help with an api if its not competing with them