Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Really, with only 1 exception, we all did better than random picks. So that's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

lol right back down to 5th like i've been for like 75% of the tournament

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I started at 2, dropped for a bit, but now I'm back on top at 23!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lmao I dropped about 30 places after two days.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Let’s go scoopsgal

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Rarity posted:

1. 184 points: Rarity

2. 183 points: HidaO-Win

So here's where we are. With just 20 points left to play for tomorrow is going to be a head to head clash. In the red corner repping Kota Ibushi will be the despicable, the devious, the downright dirtiest poster in the game, The Crab Win-Hidao. And in the blue corner repping SANADA will be none other than the most ravishing goon in all of wrestling, the Princess of Posting, Your #1 Scoopsgal, RARITY!

Yeah I know what you’re thinking Rarity, you think this is your boy Sanada’s year. Big old handsome Sanada, with the moonsault, the thirst traps on Instagram, the wine mom of LIJ, the Lion King of NJPW, its his time to shine. Cold Skull Sanada with that Skull End, loose like a goose. You know what happens to a goose Rarity? It gets cooked.
Now I won’t deny Sanada is a special athlete, he has the moves, but you know who else has the moves? Who can’t be allowed into some arenas because they have a balcony and he’ll just flip off that? Ibushi. This man won’t read books because they might push some wrestling knowledge out. This man literally trains in higher gravity so he can defy our normal one.
But you say, Sanada is so handsome, the handsomest boy and the NJPW fans do love that. Well on any other day with any other person I might agree, but this is Kota Ibushi, the Golden God. Vinnie Mac tried to high five him and Ibushi just big timed him and got away, why? Because he’s so handsome. He’s so handsome he gets lost going to, being in and coming out of airports and everyone just thinks its adorable rather than deeply concerning dysfunction.
Then last you’ll say, Sanada is still in good condition, Ibushi just ran the gauntlet of A-Block and just had the Kicks in the Sticks match with Taichi, ain’t nobody a hundred percent after that.
Well it may be true, Ibushi may be the one legged man out there. But if I was ever betting on a one legged man to win an rear end kicking contest, I’d bet on Kota Ibushi.
See ya tomorrow.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

HidaO-Win posted:

But if I was ever betting on a one legged man to win an rear end kicking contest, I’d bet on Kota Ibushi.

Yeah, I watched the Taichi match, too

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I got 21, so at least I beat the house

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

that feeling when you predict the block finalists right but got wrong how they got there

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

proud to have pulled ahead of the random picks

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

8th place out of 40+ ain't bad

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
oof, B Block was the death of me there

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

drat, now I know how G1 29 Tanahashi felt.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey HidaO, I see you there, tapping away at your keyboard. What, you think that just because you can hide away behind your computer screen and say some strong words that makes you a big man? You think that one good run means that you're suddenly hot poo poo? You think that being able to fall off high places makes Kota Ibushi a world beater? Cause I don't feel like you realise what kinda game you're playing here, Crabman. I don't think you realise the trouble that you've got yourself into. You see, while you were out there scuttling along the beaches hunting for plankton I was deep in the posting seas going after the big fish. Grinding! Putting in the work! Every single day I've been there from the small towns all the way up to the big cities!

Do you even realise who you're talking to, Crabman? Do you even realise who you're dealing with? And I'm not just talking about Rarity, creator of some of the finest threads this forum has ever seen. I'm not even talking about Rarity, a student of the wrestling prediction game for 20 years. No, this goes way deeper than that. Do you know what they call me? I'm your #1 scoopsgal! And you may think that I just talk the talk but I walk the walk too and that is a title I have earned. A title that has become renowned across this forum. I've seen off some of the hottest scoopsters in this game. Rovert? R-over. Roque? Rocked. Your #1 scoopsgal. Not #2, not #3, not even #69. I'm your #1 scoopsgal because I am the best in this business and I prove it every night. The girl who has successfully predicted every G1 winner from the moment her eyes first saw the Tokyo Dome.

Well guess what, buddy. The scoopsgal's got a scoop for you. Tomorrow SANADA is going to walk into Ryogoku and he is going to kick your rear end all over the GDT. And hell, it's still a good two months to go till Wrestle Kingdom so you best believe he's gonna be kicking your rear end all through the rest of 2020! You think you're ready to swim with the sharks, Crabman? Well come and have a go cause I look forward to proving to you personally why I am now, always and forever YOUR #1 scoopsgal!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

honestly i put together my bracket mostly to try and will sanada into not winning the g1 but it seems my efforts have failed. i apologize and will try harder next year

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ibushi gang stays winning

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thank you Rarity for running an excellent prediction contest and for keeping up the scoreboard! I had a great time following the G1 with this thread; all the stats of what we thought the predictions were and how everyone's standings changed as the days went by added immensely to my enjoyment of the best month of wrestling. It let me root for Taichi and laugh at people who doubted SANADA congratulate everyone who correctly predicted that Kota Ibushi was taking it!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seriously, thanks for running this Rarity and I can't wait to see if I managed to somehow eke out a somewhat respectable finish despite my abysmal B-Block predictions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And just like that the G1 Climax 30 is done and dusted. This year's winner was:

1. Kota Ibushi (26%)
2. SANADA (20%)
3. Kazuchika Okada, Jay White (12%)
4. Will Ospreay, Tetsuya Naito, KENTA (6%)
5. Shingo Takagi (4%)
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi, EVIL, Tomohiro Ishii, Taichi (2%)

So the final scores are:

1. 203 points: HidaO-Win

2. 195 points: xbilkis

3. 194 points: Thauros

4. 191 points: Dr. Dirt

5. 184 points: Rarity, Your Personal Muse

6. 180 points: chirico curvie

7. 179 points: Jerusalem, Karlos4live

8. 171 points: Power Windows

9. 168 points: Netsky

10. 164 points: Neodoomium

11. 163 points: I Before E

12. 162 points: Aesculus

13. 160 points: Do not even ask, marioinblack

14. 158 points: extradite THIS!

15. 157 points: Carlioo, Chinook

16. 156 points: duckdealer

17. 154 points: LupusAter

18. 153 points: TriffTshngo

19. 150 points: John Dudebro, Lid

20. 149 points: Deathlove, Fadmonkey

21. 148 points: SatoshiMiwa, Schneider Heim

22. 146 points: Fentry

23. 143 points: Gaz-L

24. 142 points: Captain Magic, GEORGE W BUSHI, HouseOfLeaves99

25. 141 points: Artelier

26. 136 points: Eat My Fuc, The Junkyard God, Veryslightlymad

27. 135 points: JOHN CENA, Seams, take the moon

28. 134 points: Accident Underwater, ItohRespectArmy

29. 133 points: Thanlis

30. 132 points: Dishonest Resume

31. 131 points: karmicknight

32. 125 points: Hellblazer187

33. 124 points: Erainor

34. 118 points: SG Bamboo

35. 113 points: Gumball Gumption

36. 112 points: Dr. Dirt's random picks

37. 102 points: Rick

Congrats to HidaO-Win for becoming the second winner of the G1 Prediction Contest with a new record points haul! A donation of $15 has been made to F4W's Jim Valley's GoFundMe! Thanks for playing, everyone. See you all next year!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm fuming

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Rarity, thank you so much for running the prediction contest, it made following along the G1 this year a lot of fun.

Honestly I thought you deserved to win for your amazing comeback towards the end, but the Golden God is apparently not to be denied.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's awesome, especially the donation to Jim Valley :cheers:

Can't believe I made it all the way up to 7, and equal place with the mysterious Karlos4live. Well done to the top place getters, especially Dr. Dirt who must be so relieved they did so well and their random picks did so badly.

I'm so sorry Rick, I'm so, so sorry.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Next year I think Dr. Dirt should block the random picks from selecting draws, it makes it too easy for the rest of us to beat them

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
thanks for running the contest rarity. sorry you couldnt see your guy win :(

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Rarity posted:

Next year I think Dr. Dirt should block the random picks from selecting draws, it makes it too easy for the rest of us to beat them

I’ve been thinking about that. Running my (admittedly suspect) maths, picking draws cost my random picks 20 points compared to if I’d just gone heads/tails. So, Hellblazer187, Erainor, SG Bamboo, and Gumball Gumption, you’re welcome.

Congratulations to HidaO-Win and thanks again, Rarity. The mistakes I made yesterday gave me an even bigger appreciation for the effort you’ve put in to running this competition.

Edit: I just double-checked, and it turns out the random tips' final score would have been 137 without draws. Going just heads/tails would have given tipped White and SANADA in those matches, and changed the tip for B-Block winner to SANADA. (Rarity, if you can be bothered, you might want to check this). Either way, next year, no draws. Look out, everyone!

Dr. Dirt fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Oct 18, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Congrats to HidaO-Win! And thanks to Rarity for organizing! It was fun looking at numbers go up

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

wow, so ibushi was the most picked choice to win in this contest? everywhere else no one gave him much of a chance.

3rd's p good considering i completely hosed b block

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1317842981165162498?s=20

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 18, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One last bit of housekeeping, this year's G1 provided 30 MOTYCs which was correctly guessed by I Before E. Well done! :golfclap:

Top two goon picks were the two finalists, we're so smart :smug:

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

Rarity posted:

One last bit of housekeeping, this year's G1 provided 30 MOTYCs which was correctly guessed by I Before E. Well done! :golfclap:

Top two goon picks were the two finalists, we're so smart :smug:

We pick on a handsome scale here in these parts, we understand NJPW.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

John Dudebro posted:

honestly i put together my bracket mostly to try and will sanada into not winning the g1 but it seems my efforts have failed. i apologize and will try harder next year

i retract my apology

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Thank you Rarity!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Thauros posted:

wow, so ibushi was the most picked choice to win in this contest? everywhere else no one gave him much of a chance.

3rd's p good considering i completely hosed b block

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1317842981165162498?s=20

Laughing hard at the idea of Kazuchika "Money Clip" Okada winning this year

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Came from 24 points back before the block finals to finish in second. Through Kota all things are possible

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Thanks everyone, this was fun even though I lost so bad! Looking forward to Ibushi winning the IWGP title!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Regardless of who else won, the most important thing is that Karlos4live didn’t. Show yourself, coward!

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Thanks all and thanks for running this, Rarity!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Thanks for doing this Rarity it was a blast!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

My Strategy of picking the finalists and just guessing the results didn't work but there is always next year!

Also thanks for hosting Rarity!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Rarity and I are now best friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Your Personal Muse posted:

Rarity and I are now best friends

The resident Scoops Pals