Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm glad that Suzuki-gun proved me wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1 for 5, but the 1 i got was the most important one for my bracket. the underdog story starts here.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i admire the folks who picked yuj

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hell yea i’m off to an okay start also great matches

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Can't wait to be in the lead going into the block finals and have it all come crashing down as my Taichi pick comes back to bite me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Much better start for me this year. If I can keep pace through all the block nights then I'll be in with a good shot of winning it when my Okada/SANADA final turns out to be true

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

5/5 tho i have a feeling my b block predictions will be much worse this tour

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

6. -2 points: ItohRespectArmy

Oh wow! How did they manage this? Pick a draw?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Pick a draw?

It's a fool's game, J-Ru. A fool's game!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

1. 10 points: Aesculus, Artelier, Carlioo, chirico curvie, duckdealer, Karlos4live, karmicknight

Welp, I'm doomed to fail with a start this good.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I'm riding high on the results so far. But surely my fall down the ranking will feel just as good, right?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Shingo lost so my entire bracket is ruined

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm sad I didn't have the time to put together my predictions :(

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
The White/Shingo finish makes me feel good about picking Shingo to do really well since they gave him a visual pinfall.

Good show, it's great to see the G1 back, all the matches were good, but the final 3 were awesome. Kota just straight beating Okada was not what I expected. Ishii/Suzuki was exactly what I expected (except the result) and it ruled.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

a lot of the story i built my bracket on hinged on okada having a tiebreaker over ibushi. we'll see how the rest of this goes!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okay point wise but results make me feel that my winner prediction is very much wrong

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
Hey cool, a perfect night 1!

... It's all downhill from here for me.

Dishonest Résumé
Nov 28, 2003

You don't mean Communists do you, Sam?

Rarity posted:

Dishonest Resume, you gave me Okada as your A block winner but your math puts Ospreay on top. I can either take Ospreay as your A block winner or flip the result of the Okada/Ospreay match, which would you like? If I don't hear from you by the start of the show I'll do the former.

drat. I knew I'd gently caress something up. Oh well, thank you for fixing my mistake.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Oh boy, 5/5! Nothing can go wrong from here! :pseudo:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Unfortunately I heard that every single person currently sitting at 10 pts is on performance enhancing drugs and must be disqualified

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Night 2 saw B block kick into action with some great showings and some surprise upsets!

Juice Robinson (84%) vs. YOSHI-HASHI (16%)
Toru Yano (20%) vs. SANADA (80%)
KENTA (82%) vs. Hirooki Goto (18%)
Zack Sabre Jr. (20%) vs. EVIL (80%)
Tetsuya Naito (84%) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (16%)

Which gives us the updated standings:

1. 20 points: Karlos4live
2. 18 points: duckdealer
3. 16 points: Aesculus, Artelier, Carlioo, chirico curvie, Hellblazer187, Netsky
4. 14 points: Dishonest Resume, Dr. Dirt, Erainor, extradite THIS!, HouseOfLeaves99, Jerusalem, karmicknight, Neodoomium, Rarity, Seams, Thauros, The Junkyard God, Your Personal Muse
5. 12 points: Captain Magic, Chinook, Fadmonkey, Fentry, GEORGE W BUSHI, HidaO-Win, I Before E, John Dudebro, Lid, marioinblack, Power Windows, SatoshiMiwa, Scneider Heim, take the moon, Veryslightlymad
6. 10 points: Accident Underwater, Deathlove, Do not even ask, Dr. Dirt's random picks, Gaz-L, Gumball Gumption, Rick, SG Bamboo, Thanlis, TriffTshngo, xbilkis
7. 8 points: JOHN CENA
8. 6 points: LupusApter
9. 4 points: Eat My Fuc, ItohRespectArmy

The field begins to spread!

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
It’s occurred to me that with two sets of predictions in (proper and randomly generated), I’m essentially in competition with myself. And it’s actually going to feel a bit embarrassing if my random tips do better than the ones I put some thought into.

Thankfully, I’ve got a couple of draws in my random tips, but my random tips for the N-1 actually predicted the draw in that competition, so I’m not completely safe!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm kicking myself for not picking the 'SANADA goes 0-3 and has to beat Naito in the main event of night 8 to stay in the competition' story cause I saw it coming but didn't think he'd lose to YOSHI-HASHI :negative:

Dr. Dirt posted:

It’s occurred to me that with two sets of predictions in (proper and randomly generated), I’m essentially in competition with myself. And it’s actually going to feel a bit embarrassing if my random tips do better than the ones I put some thought into.

Yes this is why I got you to do it :ssh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm starting to drop back in the field already :cripes:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
That's about where I assumed I'd be by night 3. Pretty sure I had an identical score at this point last year, but just went 4-1 and 1-4 instead

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Last year I was in first place until Jay beat Naito so this year I'm planning to come from behind.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I have absolutely no memory for my own picks so I will always be surprised by my results

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Last place hell yea

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

huh i was right on the yano match unlike most people but i really felt tana was gonna beat naito esp given the location

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Foiled by my eternal rival, Karlos4live.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't believe Gedo got a forums account to grift Rarity out of a cash prize.

Neodoomium posted:

I have absolutely no memory for my own picks so I will always be surprised by my results

:same:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

duckdealer posted:

Karlos4live

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Neodoomium posted:

i just remembered picking yh over juice and then someone pointed out it was juices first match in half a year. thats the moment it started to fall apart for me

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It's Gedo

By the way, while I understand why you didn't put my joke entry in, I still wanted to see just how low a score can get. It was named "Simon" and he 'likes drawing' so he put a draw for every match. I guess the things he 'drew' didn't come true after all...

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I'm not mad at missing Yano or ZSJ, but why did I think Y-H over Juice on Juice's first night back would happen? I am so dumb.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We're back with another night of A block action, here are the results for Night 3:

Jeff Cobb (20%) vs. Shingo Takagi (80%)
Kazuchika Okada (78%) vs. Yujiro Takahashi (20%)
Minoru Suzuki (41%) vs. Taichi (59%)
Tomohiro Ishii (41%) vs. Will Ospreay (59%)
Kota Ibushi (43%) vs. Jay White (57%)

So the current standings are:

1. 26 points: Karlos4live

2. 24 points: Artelier, Carlioo, chirico curvie

3. 22 points: Aesculus, duckdealer, Hellblazer187, HouseOfLeaves99, Netsky, Rarity

4. 20 points: Dishonest Resume, Dr. Dirt, extradite THIS!, GEORGE W BUSHI, Schneider Heim, Thauros, Your Personal Muse

5. 18 points: Captain Magic, chinook, Dr. Dirt's random picks, Fadmonkey, HidaO-Win, I Before E, Jerusalem, John Dudebro, karmicknight, Lid, marioinblack, Neodoomium, Seams, The Junkyard God, xbilkis

6. 16 points: Accident Underwater, Deathlove, Erainor, Fentry, LupusApter, Power Windows, take the moon, Thanlis, Veryslightlymad

7. 14 points: Do not even ask, Gaz-L, Gumball Gumption, Rick, SG Bamboo, TriffTshngo

8. 12 points: JOHN CENA

9. 8 points: Eat My Fuc

10. 6 points: SatoshiMiwa

11. 4 points: ItohRespectArmy

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

How the gently caress am I still alive in this contest I don't even remember my picks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm feeling very chuffed for calling Cobb/Shingo correctly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Slowly working my way down the ranks, building up forward momentum in the wrong direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Slowly working my way down the ranks, building up forward momentum in the wrong direction.

It's cool, you didn't pick any draws this year so the only way you hosed things up is if you went in big on a broken down old man like Hiroshi Tanahashi!