Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The last thread was one of my favourite ever SA threads https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792275 so lets have another one since its been a few years starting with soem classics from that thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

A bunch/all of these are from places in italy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaklyInteracting
Nov 15, 2011

Finally, an effort post I feel confident of.

Sweden represent (limited to real-life pizzas)

1) the Miami/Afrikana - a classic base of peanuts, bananas, pineapple and curry, but the real :discourse: is to add sesame, blue cheese, eggs, feta, tomatoes, jalapeņos, vegetarian chicken, or all of them.
Also, all pizzas should feature an obligatory pizzasallad (= free vinegary cabbage).

2) the Viking - egg, onion, paprika, blue cheese, semi-folded + pizzasallad

3) the Kebab Special - kebab, kebab saus, jalapeņo, raw cucumber

4) the Kebab + fries from the best pizzeria in Sweden in 2015 according to Zlatan

5) the Vegan Kebab Special - vegan kebab, vegan cheese, vegan kebab saus, onion

6) EGGS on pizza are the best thing except when they are ovenated too early

Italy doesn't disappoint

7) it is recommended to ask your waiter for ketchup next time you get a pizza con patatine

8) the problem is not the pizza it's the undercooked wedge potatoes

9) best enjoyed hanging upside down

10) this is pizza al taglio (you get a square slice not a round pizza) just to show that Italy invented peanuts on cholesterol on pizza

Ireland tries but I wasn't hungry

10) cinnamon is disagreeable anyway so let's put it on an intolerable pizza

Switzerland takes last place

11) salmon, and supermassive black holes

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lets do this poo poo!

But I have a kid now and can't spend 8 hours a day piehunting.

Ya'll need to open up google maps, type in "pizza", zoom in on your country of choice (italy is always a solid bet for wacky pizza, Asia is promising and the USA has so much potential) and then look through the posted customer photos. If they look promising go to the pizzaria's website/facebook for their "show off" pie shots that are usually visually 3x worse.

Also, look for bowling alleys and other non-tradiational pizza joints.

Good hunting to you!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

what"s like a sadder, honkier version of a clarinet? that's the noise this pizza makes

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

ok done

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm really looking forward to when some deviant inevitably pops in and declares that cold, wet pizza is actually the perfect form of pizza.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm really looking forward to when some deviant inevitably pops in and declares that cold, wet pizza is actually the perfect form of pizza.

looks fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgzySfza1p8

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

BlueBull
Jan 21, 2007

WeaklyInteracting posted:

2) the Viking - egg, onion, paprika, blue cheese, semi-folded + pizzasallad

This one reminds of "Flammkuchen" which I had in Germany, specifically in terms of the shape. It had Sour Cream, Red Onion, Bacon etc on it.

People at our table ordered them and when they arrived the VERY FIRST thing that went through my mind was a previous Worst Pizza thread on SA.

The most surprising part however came when I actually tried some of it as it was delicious as all hell. Honest to god, one of the best pizzas in my life. As the place was part of my hotel complex, I had it a bunch more times on my own for lunch.

I now feel conflicted, have I betrayed the spirit of this thread? Can I still, with good conscience, continue to enjoy posts here in the knowledge that I may be part of the problem?

https://favorite-mainz.de/en/restaurants-2/beergarden/

This was the exact place I had it.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dominos Oreo Dessert Pizza:

Breaks every single rule of good pizza and is still a disgusting unsatisfying dessert.

How can something be dry/chalky and jizzy/wet at the same drat time?!

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Restaurante Pizzeria Bar La Para
https://maps.app.goo.gl/3Dc483z5nQJUfgzVA

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The crimes of Sweden against pizza will never be forgiven

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

good work on the shape.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Japan, you never fail to make things weird.

This ramen pizza isn't actually Japanese.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
The Voight-Kampff test for Japanese is simple, just ask them what the two most important ingredients in pizza are. If they don't answer "why it's corn and mayonnaise of course", they are replicants for sure.

E;

Japanese Dominos goodness

Broccoli, corn, mayo, tinned mushrooms, peppers what else could you want?

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 12, 2020

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Proud to be the first to post pizzaria bate papo

(my posting station)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's a lot of skol brand chewing tobacco!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Let's get fruity!

Kiwi?

Strawberry?

How about both!

Mango BBQ bacon. I would actually eat this.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The crimes of Sweden against pizza will never be forgiven

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 12, 2020

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

The_Continental posted:

How can something be dry/chalky and jizzy/wet at the same drat time?!

PM me :heysexy:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
japanese dominos is better than american dominos, but japanese pizza hut is worse than american pizza hut

this is because japanese pizza hut makes the avocado shrimp mayonnaise pizza

it will be vile no matter how high you are

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I give you the Croatian classic - Sexy Pizza. This used to be on every pizza place menu until the fancy ones started opening a few years ago.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
https://johnrieber.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/wacky-pizza-toppings-creamed-corn.jpg

Creamed corn pizza. Why? Why?!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
Out here the paths of Turkish and Italian pizza diverged pretty radically so most of the wilder kebab+fries-on-a-pizza style experiments happen on a middle eastern flatbread base rather than an Italian or US pizza base. It helps because it doesn't soak up juices and get soggy as much.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Cuban condom pizza thing is a myth fyi and also wrong country, not sure if this is racist, mods???

This is literally the perfect pizza to me, save for how it is cut

The worst pizza is anything cut like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDoSTOeT7Js&t=48s
Mmm, I'll have the pieces that are almost entirely crust

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I'm not sure what's more offputting. Deep frying a pizza or putting chip shop gravy on it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what about drizzling it with that mango chutney you get from takeaways

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So there is dick pizza.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Boba Pizza.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That crust is garbage. It looks good at the edges but it shouldn't buckle like that.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

So there is dick pizza.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

InB4 any deep dish defenders stumble in here and try to sell some bullshit about it being okay or even acceptable.

The true art of pizza lies in the crust. I prefer doing a slow overnight rise initially then shelving the crust in a cool place until it comes to just under room temp and can be handled/stretched. A combination of flours is used to achieve the right consistency. When you make pizza like that you only use good ingredients, and sparingly, so that the work you put into the dough comes through. Less is more, and simplicity should reign.

Deep dish is an affront to simpilicity. Gobs of flavorless mozzarella that stick in your throat and overly sweet sauce. The only time ive ever gotten actual food poisoning was from chicago style pizza. It was so thick that the middle got "just warm" and stayed in the danger zone long enough to give me something nasty. I didnt even enjoy eating it.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

The_Continental posted:

InB4 any deep dish defenders stumble in here and try to sell some bullshit about it being okay or even acceptable.

The true art of pizza lies in the crust. I prefer doing a slow overnight rise initially then shelving the crust in a cool place until it comes to just under room temp and can be handled/stretched. A combination of flours is used to achieve the right consistency. When you make pizza like that you only use good ingredients, and sparingly, so that the work you put into the dough comes through. Less is more, and simplicity should reign.

Deep dish is an affront to simpilicity. Gobs of flavorless mozzarella that stick in your throat and overly sweet sauce. The only time ive ever gotten actual food poisoning was from chicago style pizza. It was so thick that the middle got "just warm" and stayed in the danger zone long enough to give me something nasty. I didnt even enjoy eating it.

Ok.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Vulkanpizza

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dont even get me started on maple syrup, dont even get me started.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

BlueBull posted:

This one reminds of "Flammkuchen" which I had in Germany, specifically in terms of the shape. It had Sour Cream, Red Onion, Bacon etc on it.

People at our table ordered them and when they arrived the VERY FIRST thing that went through my mind was a previous Worst Pizza thread on SA.

The most surprising part however came when I actually tried some of it as it was delicious as all hell. Honest to god, one of the best pizzas in my life. As the place was part of my hotel complex, I had it a bunch more times on my own for lunch.

I now feel conflicted, have I betrayed the spirit of this thread? Can I still, with good conscience, continue to enjoy posts here in the knowledge that I may be part of the problem?

https://favorite-mainz.de/en/restaurants-2/beergarden/

This was the exact place I had it.

Flammkuchen is not pizza :colbert: it's lovely though

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

My first entry is the pride of Los Gatos California, T-Birds pizza. http://tbirdspizza.com/

Who is T-Bird you ask? He's a raw tomato and cold black olive fetishist that was kicked out of the bay area proper for buying out all the canned black olives in town. The people had had enough, T-Bird still can't get enough.

Behold, The Classic:

Not enough olives for you cityboy? Well then get a load of the Peppermint Twist

But T-Bird, you say, I have a sliced tomato allergy and need more selenium in my diet, plus I still fuckin' love ice cold black olives atop my pie. T-Bird has you covered. With barely singed brocs!

Hold the olives you say? Well then i counter with douse the "famous housemade ranch sauce" over your ambiguous protein/starch combo.

Not pictured:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The_Continental posted:

The true art of pizza lies in the crust. I prefer doing a slow overnight rise initially then shelving the crust in a cool place until it comes to just under room temp and can be handled/stretched. A combination of flours is used to achieve the right consistency. When you make pizza like that you only use good ingredients, and sparingly, so that the work you put into the dough comes through.

The_Continental posted:

Less is more, and simplicity should reign.
Yeah :ok: that fuckin bullshit is super simple