Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i was saying boourns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

2:19 ain't even as long as the last episode of stranger things :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/getfandom/status/1527663896814833666?s=21&t=NpSbv6o1TpGW-354CgARoA

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
2:19 is long as hell for a movie, you should only go over 2 hours if you’re about as good as EEAAO

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i was quite happy that gravity was a tight 90 minutes. that being said ive been watching mob movies and poo poo this month and those things are usually loving long as hell

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the comic mans films seem to have long runtime but they roll credits 13 mins before the end and have that stupid teaser shot after credits, that doesnt count

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Jonny 290 posted:

the comic mans films seem to have long runtime but they roll credits 13 mins before the end and have that stupid teaser shot after credits, that doesnt count

they also spend 20 minutes on plot and characters that don't matter but someone in a committee demanded they be included because they're important in three films time

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i honestly dont mind if a movie is long

its getting my rear end set to watch it thats the problem, even if its 78 minutes or some poo poo

sorry, ive complained about it before. you dont need it & i have a docs appointment

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

e: the last comic man i saw was iron man 2 or 3 so idk how long they are. its only like since lockdown i stopped being able to start watching movies

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

is stranger things any good? i started the second season, got bored as hell and bailed

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

is stranger things any good? i started the second season, got bored as hell and bailed

i liked s1

s2 didnt do anything for me except the scenes in the ice cream bar with the cool chick and the dude with the big hair. idgaf about the kids

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

i liked s1

s2 didnt do anything for me except the scenes in the ice cream bar with the cool chick and the dude with the big hair. idgaf about the kids

yeah season 1 was alright. there were just too many scenes jerking off the set designers that made what i watched of the second a drag

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the lord of the rings was the last series of movies that should have been allowed to be long. nobody else has managed to make a movie over two and a half hours since that couldn't have been cut down to two hours or less without losing anything

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
TV shows and movies are too drat long. This guy's whole schtick is brutally editing down horror media to its good parts (plus relevant making-of features and occasionally decent jokes), and Stranger Things S1 took 68 minutes. And not a lot of it is great, just mostly plot with a few interesting scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QICB_puGtYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZMHSq_VQ0g

(He calls them "kill counts" as a transformative fair use excuse, and while he comes off as a bro he's just a horror nerd who got his poo poo together as an adult & could've been a goon for all we know. I hate the bloatedness of horror movies and would gladly swap them for anthologies almost every time)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i dont mind suspense & also im not gonna watch a recut on youtube of anything unless its by auralnauts

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Beeftweeter posted:

it’s very much a throwback to 80s kids adventure/peak spielberg movies so how much do you like e.g. the goonies

haveblue fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 20, 2022

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Hmm what should we use for our article tagline about a slew of new tv slop from the Disney Star Wars bucket?

Hey how about repurposing an 70s poem by a black artist about how societal change is incompatible with capitalism / consumerism?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:bravo:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

prospect was mentioned earlier. i like pedro pascal, he should do more stuff that isnt boring and unwatchable

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rogue one was probably the only good new star war and ewan macgregor is usually fantastic, so i am cautiously optimistic about these things. however, see also: every other new star war/trek

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

been thinking about watching mando because of pedro pascal but then I remember I can just rewatch the first two seasons of narcos and get my pedro fix that way

ewan might get me to fire up the ol torrent client tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

haveblue posted:

it’s very much a throwback to 80s kids adventure/peak spielberg movies so how much do you like e.g. the goonies

i was just about to post, its for ppl that remember good times watching the goonies when they were 12 but went back and rewatched it 3 years ago and realized it wasn't very good at all.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

been thinking about watching mando because of pedro pascal but then I remember I can just rewatch the first two seasons of narcos and get my pedro fix that way

ewan might get me to fire up the ol torrent client tho
Just watch the first 1-2 episodes and pretend it continued in that vein and there was no baby yoda plot

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
heh
https://twitter.com/jshooke/status/1527632115239735296

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Batman is right

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

here's a crichton plot: scrappy team of outsiders led by a standup guy discovers that climate change isnt real, but plot twist: the author is old as hell and also an idiot

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Carthag Tuek posted:

here's a crichton plot: scrappy team of outsiders led by a standup guy discovers that climate change isnt real, but plot twist: the author is old as hell and also an idiot

Crichton: global warming's not real
Reality: Crichon's body's not warm

:gotem:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Anyone read shards of earth? I'm digging the audiobook so far.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

RokosCockatrice posted:

i started reading it but compared to other Tjajkovskij books it felt lazy. just going from set piece to set piece. i like him as an author though, probably for me its the first dud

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

RokosCockatrice posted:

Carthag Tuek posted:

i started reading it but compared to other Tjajkovskij books it felt lazy. just going from set piece to set piece. i like him as an author though, probably for me its the first dud

i enjoyed it well enough. the sequel just came out, it dragged a little i felt but still good enough i'm looking forwardish to the next one

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

btw im watchcing severance (e: ep4 now) and im pretty sure that these are true or i am supposed to think they are true:

- turturro and walken are the same person
- scott and the old guy he let into his basement (i forgot his name) also the same person

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 21, 2022

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my hatewatch of raised by wolves continues, got to see a robot spontaneously lactate which is a sentence I never thought I’d type in my life

pretty sure the creator found out what atheists were in sunday school when he was 11 and has learned nothing since

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

as a palette cleanser tonight I watch police story, a movie from a more civilized age when we didn’t know what a shitass jackie chan is

https://youtu.be/gBZIAXkUh0A

qirex fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 21, 2022

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I watched Redline tonight which was really excellent.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Redline is the only anime you ever need

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

redline owns

im watching house of traps right now. it's ok

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

btw im watchcing severance (e: ep4 now) and im pretty sure that these are true or i am supposed to think they are true:

- turturro and walken are the same person
- scott and the old guy he let into his basement (i forgot his name) also the same person

those are interesting conclusions, how’d you work them out

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
watched the suicide squad (james gunn edition)

that was way more violent than I expected, I’m guessing it was an R and marvel was holding him back

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
big fan of the podcast "U Talkin Severance 2 Me" by Adam Scott Severedman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316wUvT5M0U

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

needs reverb and live drums imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU