Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I watched the bollywood film Dhoom yesterday. Very fun, motorcycles go vroom vroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
started watching only "murders in the building" with my mom last night, p deece so far

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

started watching only "murders in the building" with my mom last night, p deece so far

ms jones and i are four episodes or so on and are enjoying it

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Thinking about hunting down some of these suggestions: https://www.polygon.com/what-to-watch/23186556/best-short-movies-to-watch

Rent Meme: The streaming "show" episodes are too drat long.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I watched the bollywood film Dhoom yesterday. Very fun, motorcycles go vroom vroom.

wait till u get to dhoom 2. its the doom 2 of dhoom movies

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
thinking i shoudl rewatch first reformed

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

umbrella academy where every character is a loving idiot that can’t say what’s on their minds.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Umbrella academy always seems like it should be interesting but it has pretty much the worst pacing of any tv show ever.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

This morning's film was

The Five Venoms

An absolute banger of a film. A classic which if you haven't seen you should fix. Not going to go over the excellent plot or fantastic fights because it's been done before. The arrow 2k restoration brought me joy. Seeing this film with such clarity for the first time really makes it even more enjoyable.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mystes posted:

Umbrella academy always seems like it should be interesting but it has pretty much the worst pacing of any tv show ever.

I tried reading the comic after watching the show. The comics are really bad.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

This morning's film was

The Five Venoms

An absolute banger of a film. A classic which if you haven't seen you should fix. Not going to go over the excellent plot or fantastic fights because it's been done before. The arrow 2k restoration brought me joy. Seeing this film with such clarity for the first time really makes it even more enjoyable.

five venoms owns so hard

you've probably already seen it but crippled avengers is next i think and is a worthy followup or double feature

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I tried reading the comic after watching the show. The comics are really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCCyoocDxBA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
still have to constantly remind myself umbrella academy is unrelated to resident evil

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
watched apocalypto last night

pretty engaging. love a good tale where they build up a character or two that you hate and then then get brutally killed

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ruby_stevens/status/1543801325267439622

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
started that up last night for some chill viewing. gotta love that private studio setup.

there was some show on the live feed about a sword maker that I can't find now! 😂

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
the forums got a call out in new season of stranger thing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Fart Sandwiches posted:

the forums got a call out in new season of stranger thing

i noticed that too

matti
Mar 31, 2019

bump, will watch these next

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
day off from work, gonna watch the werner herzog 'nosferatu' remake

i really need to visit more of his filmography. has anyone adapted this into the 'pointing guys' meme format? because klaus is really asking for it here, just needs werner with hands on the sides of his face

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

psiox posted:

i really need to visit more of his filmography

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Werner Herzog posted:

happy new year to all the losers and haters!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i like herzog a lot. nosferatu owns. fitzcarrdo and aguirre are great. bad lieutenant is great (maybe my favorite nicolas cage movie(, white diamond is too. gesualdo is ehh, so is even dwarfs started small. the one about antarctica is very good too.

there's a ton more though im not gonna go through them all. i haven't seen everything but i've seen most of his work i think

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

partner wanted some easy trash (besides me) so we watched the first x men trilogy since like most movies shes never seen it. its very clearly pre mcu style cape movie but the first two are pretty good for what they are. i enjoyed them when they came out as a (to that point) lifelong x men fan and i think they perform fine as superhero movies except for the third. what a fuckin garbage fire movie.

so far shes liked first class the most and i dont blame her.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

first class was pretty good and a solid effort at soft-rebooting the series

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i remember the newer ones being pretty good but i havent seen any of them since theaters

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

someone I follow on twitter regularly advocates for a series following magneto as a nazi hunter

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

basically more of this
https://youtu.be/8WKgMgjfues

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Achmed Jones posted:

i like herzog a lot. nosferatu owns. fitzcarrdo and aguirre are great. bad lieutenant is great (maybe my favorite nicolas cage movie(, white diamond is too. gesualdo is ehh, so is even dwarfs started small. the one about antarctica is very good too.

there's a ton more though im not gonna go through them all. i haven't seen everything but i've seen most of his work i think

have you seen Lo and Behold?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have but i don't remember much about it. same with the one about texting and driving, the death row stuff, etc. vague memories of them being well done, but not "holy poo poo" good

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

there's a segment about AI cars that's pretty chilling

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The Fool posted:

someone I follow on twitter regularly advocates for a series following magneto as a nazi hunter

that would loving own yes

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

it doesn't even have to be "magneto"

you just get fassbender and vaughn, crib heavily from the movie origin but make it "side effects from experiments" instead of "mutation" and have the powers be generic telekinesis

season 1 is a weekly monster hunt with 16 20-min episodes, final episode reveals big bad

season 2 is 8 40-min episodes hunting the big bad

end the show there

hbo, I'll take my check now

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The Fool posted:

you just get fassbender and vaughn, crib heavily from the movie origin but make it "side effects from experiments" instead of "mutation" and have the powers be generic telekinesis

season 1 is a weekly monster hunt with 16 20-min episodes, final episode reveals big bad

end the show there

his TK needs to be boosted by muscles and righteous fury, Hogbender is cool enough to make anime poo poo work on screen

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

The Fool posted:

end the show there

vince vaughn would be a great professor x

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I mean, I was talking about matthew vaughn, the director of first class, but sure

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The Fool posted:

16 20-min episodes

8 40-min episodes

hell no

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

cartoonist Brad Neely did a side project about America for Adult Swim split across 31s bumpers, and it's just as accurate 13 years later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEUh4FZIf8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQrXUpvkuc

catchiest tune:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUl0GNY1EQ8

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Casual Encountess posted:

so far shes liked first class the most and i dont blame her.

honestly love origin stories

parts of that movie dated very poorly tho

The Fool posted:

magneto is such a good character

Roosevelt posted:

vince vaughn would be a great professor x

same but will ferrell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DailySquibs/status/1544400294364303361