Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the justin roiland thing got me thinking recently, and I dare anyone to watch and defend team america world police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
matt and trey should make a sequel, this time it's world police china and they just say "ching chong wing wong" for an hour and a half

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i saw it semi-recently i guess, maybe about a year ago

lol the only thing i can complement there is the puppet work, it's actually really good. i admit a few things still made me laugh but it's really pretty heinous on multiple levels

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i saw that in highschool and my only memory is the vomiting and puppet sex, which seems like the appropriate takeaway

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ok so the knick is very good, but Jesus Christ I was not prepared to be wincing and squirming from watching 1900s surgeries

the missus likes it too so I see it as an absolute win

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I forgot about that show but ya it's good. I love cocaine boy howdy - doctors

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

motherfucker can actualy make songs at least, look at south park matt and trey, they can't even do that anymore

Most of the songs on family guy are just old Broadway tunes sung by Peter Griffin though

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the guy has released a half dozen crooner albums in the last decade, which is probably the most interesting thing he's done

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i like the orville

iirc the latest season was p rough though

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sagebrush posted:

Most of the songs on family guy are just old Broadway tunes sung by Peter Griffin though

sometimes its the gay baby and talking dog

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i've been watching american dad starting from season 13 and the show is still deece. mostly because seth doesn't have any real creative input and hasn't for a very long time

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

oh i thought it was canceled

hmm i have no idea what the last season i saw was

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Achmed Jones posted:

i like the orville

iirc the latest season was p rough though

me too but the other way around, they got a disgustingly huge budget from hulu so the entire show felt better put together (eg. no more seeing the seams on isaac, better sets) the only issue seemed to be i think they were not confident they'd get another season so everything is a direct follow up to a season 1 or 2 episode and the last episode feels like a series finale

they are being coy on if its going to get another season but i can feel it in my water they are done

it did however convince my non scifi watching wackwife to watch DS:9 - for some reason the orville is a good bridge to get non-scifi watchers to understand what scifi shows are really about - fun characters in interesting situations

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
American Dad has been pretty consistently good for a long rear end time.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

American Dad has been pretty consistently good for a long rear end time.

surprisingly true. there's still a weak episode here and there but it just sort of chugs along under the radar

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's strange but true. I think it's because they have figured out who all the characters are supposed to be and how they fit with each other. It's a bizarre family, but they seem kind of fun to be around, unlike family Guy where everyone is just horrible

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

family guy is pretty obviously based on seth macfarlane's family (at least at first) and several of the characters are a blatant self-insert

american dad is just an animated comedy starring seth macfarlane as a voice actor, which he is admittedly not bad at

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

It's strange but true. I think it's because they have figured out who all the characters are supposed to be and how they fit with each other. It's a bizarre family, but they seem kind of fun to be around, unlike family Guy where everyone is just horrible
i find it funny that they have roger to sort of fill
in for any antagonist/supporting character necessary but then they also have good comedians/comedic actors below the radar as guest voices literally all the time

also the actor for the son steve is just wildly talented as a va. crushes it all the time

it's a good show and i appreciate it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

patrick stewart is also very funny on it

though to be fair i think he'd do it even without seth macfarlane involved, he just seems to legitimately enjoy doing comedy :3: lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I watched Skinamarink it was really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3bRSRmFgt4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the justin roiland thing got me thinking recently, and I dare anyone to watch and defend team america world police

lol talk to my dad if you want that

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

SmokaDustbowl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uPoDNEn3I0

Checkmate :agesilaus:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Fool posted:

the guy has released a half dozen crooner albums in the last decade, which is probably the most interesting thing he's done

for whatever reason it strikes me as very ego driven, idk, i don't like him in general so maybe i just have weird hangups

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i watched it again during lockdown and iirc i can defend it as: an unflinchingly accurate portrayal of how fuckjng stupid america was (and what it found funny) in the immediate years post 9/11

mystes
May 31, 2006

America gently caress yeah and the montage song were the only good things about team america world police anyway

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wrong, "I promise I will never die" is as also great

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

for whatever reason it strikes me as very ego driven, idk, i don't like him in general so maybe i just have weird hangups

of course it is? it's literally his "I don't know what to with all this money" hobby

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I haven't watched American dad since high school and I'm not about to start now

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Fool posted:

of course it is? it's literally his "I don't know what to with all this money" hobby

it's like how for his birthday one year he rented out a theatre so he could sign for the family guy staff. very "look at me' instead of "listen to my music" i guess?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I wish Mindhunter wasn't cancelled

argh, now i'm bummed remembering this, too. if they ever wanted to do another season, they laid all the groundwork for BTK and could do a split past and present(ish) season tracking their reemergence

and now i'm going to be humming this for a week, so i might as well remind everyone else:

https://twitter.com/pftompkins/status/923260646400991233

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Cam_Oflage/status/1615526833839304704

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Posting replies to Hbag at 3am GMT

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
trying to find that short story by stross or somebody about the lady getting time traveled into the future when everyone has the internet in their brains and releasing a mind virus that fixes human nature

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last night's movie: Skyfall

I liked it a lot. pretty low on the horny, pretty heavy on the M. good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Daniel Craig is a ok james bond

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't think I even finished Spectre; was that the one that started with skiing?

mystes fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 22, 2023

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jonny 290 posted:

last night's movie: Skyfall

I liked it a lot. pretty low on the horny, pretty heavy on the M. good

skyfall is the most yospos movie, it got bitcoin mining rigs and people plugging the bad guy's laptop straight into their office network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ymgve posted:

skyfall is the most yospos movie, it got bitcoin mining rigs and people plugging the bad guy's laptop straight into their office network

https://imgur.com/nlZV5f1.mp4