Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

i have like 27 seasons of the simpsons on my nas and have never once had the urge to watch an episode

i just watch the tiktoks of that zoomer girl that can do the marge voice really good

we were rewatching since it didnt make anywhere near to as deep a cultural impact in europe and man its so bad even by season 10. everything is great (though season 1 is a little raw) through probably season 7, 8 is pretty good and 9 has a few standouts (for instance homer vs nyc) but we jsut stopped in the midlde of season 10 because its way more bad than good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
also, why the gently caress is assayas doing a remake of irma vep

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

bump_fn posted:

we were rewatching since it didnt make anywhere near to as deep a cultural impact in europe

drat yall didn't have black Bart Simpson t-shirts in Europe?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

indigi posted:

drat yall didn't have black Bart Simpson t-shirts in Europe?

nope just blackface

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bump_fn posted:

nope just blackface

Barte Piet

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

bump_fn posted:

we were rewatching since it didnt make anywhere near to as deep a cultural impact in europe and man its so bad even by season 10. everything is great (though season 1 is a little raw) through probably season 7, 8 is pretty good and 9 has a few standouts (for instance homer vs nyc) but we jsut stopped in the midlde of season 10 because its way more bad than good.

this is pretty true. like i said, he can drop about 17 seasons, lol

gonna quote and xpost myself here because lol:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

bump_fn posted:

nope just blackface

drat yall missed out

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

indigi posted:

drat yall missed out

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beeftweeter posted:

this is pretty true. like i said, he can drop about 17 seasons, lol

gonna quote and xpost myself here because lol:
"kill wealthy dowager" is a great underrate simpsons joke

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bump_fn posted:

yeah I got same last time I tried to watch it with my girlfriend. there's a few good ones later on but a lot of chaff

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the simpsons one is good but this :discourse:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I don't think I ever read any of the Witcher books (though I did enjoy the Witcher III game), but for a single quid for all the Witcher books, I'll at least have a dabble.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Witcher-Destiny-Contempt-Baptism-ebook/dp/B086RGBKBQ/

Offer may apply to other Amazons globally

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/al_tran/status/1526906384696201217

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I don't think I ever read any of the Witcher books (though I did enjoy the Witcher III game), but for a single quid for all the Witcher books, I'll at least have a dabble.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Witcher-Destiny-Contempt-Baptism-ebook/dp/B086RGBKBQ/

worked for me in the US store, $1.04 (I'm in Norway so guess it works globally)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

could someone link the US store version? im having trouble finding it

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Witcher-Destiny-Contempt-Baptism-ebook/dp/B086RGBKBQ/

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

aw heck, it's showing the $80 paperback and "this kindle title is not available for purchase."

Poop! thanks for the assist though!

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

MindSet posted:

did anyone watch 2018's Prospect w/ Pedro Pascal? pretty good imo

yes I liked it a lot especially since they killed a duplass brother, something about those dudes I just don’t like, even if I like stuff they make Lmao

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bump_fn posted:

s9 is where they clearly started running out of ideas as to how to make ~500 funny minutes of television per year. the fact they made an episode so bad that season that it got retconned out by the characters in that very episode is possibly the ultimate sign of "we just want to wrap it up but the network will never let us"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah prospect was good but I have a soft spot for any sci-fi that doesn't go all epic action or high concept "what is reality anyway" tropes like most big budget stuff

it reminded me of moon in that way

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I liked prospect, it was pretty decent compared to a lot of the lovely space movies coming out as of late

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

partner watched moonfall and texted me all the stupid crap that was happening then linked me to the honest trailer for it and said "this is pretty much it" so I'm going to skip that one

there is apparently one good thing: there's a cat named "fuzz aldrin"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

holy poo poo that looks so bad, and not even in a fun way

oh crap my monitors off

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I've only read 1 of them and it was pretty okay. I think there are portions where stuff got lost in translation. Someone itt made a better post about them, do not remember who though.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Achmed Jones posted:

holy poo poo that looks so bad, and not even in a fun way

oh crap my monitors off

lol it is thus

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

qirex posted:

there is apparently one good thing: there's a cat named "fuzz aldrin"

amazing

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i made a run at the witcher books after watching the first season of the tv series. my review: "meh"

the first two books are collections of short stories, most of which are "classic faerie tale, but with a twist (the twist is that they are in a d&d style fantasy world)", which was an idea that was presumably much fresher in the 1990s when they were written then when I read them a few years ago. perfectly fine for what they are, but not sparkling or brilliant. i suspect a lot was lost in the translation

that was followed by an epic five book telling of a single complicated story and i got to about halfway through the third of those novels and i just hit a wall and stopped reading. lots of words, not much happening, flat prose (again, probably the translation), characters acting dumb in order to advance the plot (a major peeve of mine) - i just took a break to read other things and i havent found my way back yet

theyre a cut or two above the usual extruded fantasy product, and i do like the core sensibility (elaborately-trained monster hunter is actually a grinding blue collar job) but it wasnt enough to keep me going through the five book epic story

it did explain and help me fill in the gaps for a lot of things in the tv series

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ah, thank you! i'm really glad to know that, cause it looks like they're probably not worth my time these days.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i have been so loving fixated on warhammer 40k lately that it is ridiculous

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Improbable Lobster posted:

i have been so loving fixated on warhammer 40k lately that it is ridiculous

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that guy must have a lot of pockets

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

that guy must have a lot of pockets

he probably just has a purse

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
disco elysium 40k

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

qirex posted:

yeah prospect was good but I have a soft spot for any sci-fi that doesn't go all epic action or high concept "what is reality anyway" tropes like most big budget stuff

it reminded me of moon in that way

same honestly, you keep the stakes small and the length under 120 min and i will put up with a lot of bull poo poo in your scifi

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

started reading when the sparrow falls by neil sharpson. pretty good so far.

authoritarian New Huimanists suppressing AI and mind uploading tech, main guy is a disillusioned apparatchik working a murder case

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Newposter2/status/1526719792480239622

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
https://pitchfork.com/news/vangelis-oscar-winning-composer-dies-at-79/

:rip: to a real one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

the free library in my neighborhood been fuckin hitting. i threw in some books myself last week but mostly shameful poo poo like tina feys book and the post secret coffeetable book. theyre all gone tho so how shameful are they