Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

or whatever you call that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

oh yeah that one was kinda boring but the animation was neat I guess

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PokeJoe posted:

kinda boring but the animation was neat I guess

yeah that’s the whole show

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
there was also the one with zombies but everything looked like a miniature. how did that work as a short story?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

fart simpson posted:

yah i liked the swarm and the giant crab episodes

same, but i like the bear one cause it was dumb and fun. the others were dumb and bad. the first one was off the charts cringe

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fart simpson posted:

the last one was a banshee

hmm this reminds me I need to rewatch Banshee

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

anyone who likes the ape movies I got a 4K 3 pack for $23. it’s 20 for normal blu ray

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Man I saw someone mention the History channel 'LIFE AFTER PEOPLE' as an interesting docu series about what happens to the planet if people all just disappeared one day - It's got plenty of interesting thoughts on stuff, but ugh it's that overly-bombastic USTV style that I just can't live with. Something more softly spoken like Attenborough might do I would have dug a lot more.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

anyone who likes the ape movies I got a 4K 3 pack for $23. it’s 20 for normal blu ray
this is on amazon for people who don't want to go search

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Man I saw someone mention the History channel 'LIFE AFTER PEOPLE' as an interesting docu series about what happens to the planet if people all just disappeared one day - It's got plenty of interesting thoughts on stuff, but ugh it's that overly-bombastic USTV style that I just can't live with. Something more softly spoken like Attenborough might do I would have dug a lot more.

i think i remember this. i've always been curious about that topic; dry science details like how many thousands of years until all our buildings are completely buried, stuff like that

but i remember the stuff they were talking about was really lame and i turned it off

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

is it the one where they claim that without supervision all nuclear reactors will explode like ten chernobyls and then the rest of the show assumes the earth is radioactive and extrapolates from there?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

re: stranger things, i really liked the first season - it's probably one of my favorite seasons of tv. they're generally downhill after that but they never really hit "bad". just, maybe not worth the opportunity cost if you have limited time

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

this is on amazon for people who don't want to go search

I got it at best buy so it might be normal pricing for this

I will be mad when discs go away except for $35 arrow/criterion special editions

qirex fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 23, 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

re: stranger things, i really liked the first season - it's probably one of my favorite seasons of tv. they're generally downhill after that but they never really hit "bad". just, maybe not worth the opportunity cost if you have limited time

yah its because the first season was the real story. seasons 2+ are their best attempt to make money

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I watched Knowing (2009) last night and I really enjoyed it. it was maybe a little long but it really paid off in the end I think. good performance from Nic Cage as expected. I think this and Dark City are probably the only worthwhile movies from this director tho

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

I watched Knowing (2009) last night and I really enjoyed it. it was maybe a little long but it really paid off in the end I think. good performance from Nic Cage as expected. I think this and Dark City are probably the only worthwhile movies from this director tho

the plane crash scene in that is unique

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

I got it at best buy so it might be normal pricing for this

I will be mad when discs go away except for $35 arrow/criterion special editions

probably less that it's normal pricing and more that as soon as one major retailer has a sale, amazon just coincidentally has the same sale simultaneously

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

qirex posted:

the plane crash scene in that is unique

ooh yeah it was like one long cut wasn’t it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

gonna watch it again when my partner is back

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

probably less that it's normal pricing and more that as soon as one major retailer has a sale, amazon just coincidentally has the same sale simultaneously

that’s not really new though, big box stores have always had “we’ll beat any sale/honor any coupon” type deals

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

indigi posted:

that’s not really new though, big box stores have always had “we’ll beat any sale/honor any coupon” type deals

right but you have to actively tell them about that, they don't just dynamically adjust prices to match

also depending on how much the underpaid retail worker cares at a given moment they may or may not want to check if the other place has it in stock before matching

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i found stranger things a little hetero 80s nostalgia for my tastes. like fine but forgettable like

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I watched the movie Martyrs and it hosed me up real bad, strong recommend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8RDYD6VhpI

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's a more realistic take on the themes of Hellraiser, the story and the movie

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that sounds like it's got a bunch of really gross torture type stuff. is that right?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1528432077095350272

Saw this today, it was awesome.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

drat three thousand years of longing looks real good

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Better Call Saul mid-season finale was its 'box cutter' or 'ozymandias'

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

TOOT BOOT posted:

Better Call Saul mid-season finale was its 'box cutter' or 'ozymandias'

i haven't watched this since the second(?) season and i am pumped to binge it

bob odenkirk is fantastic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

there’s a part in Odenkirk’s book where he’s like “drat I can’t believe we didn’t have any women writers on Mr Show. we knew so many funny women and even had them in sketches but none as writers. that’s hosed up, I don’t know why. if I did it again I’d definitely hire women to the writers room. also the reboot we did two years ago had no women in the writers room. drat.”

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

indigi posted:

there’s a part in Odenkirk’s book where he’s like “drat I can’t believe we didn’t have any women writers on Mr Show. we knew so many funny women and even had them in sketches but none as writers. that’s hosed up, I don’t know why. if I did it again I’d definitely hire women to the writers room. also the reboot we did two years ago had no women in the writers room. drat.”

he's really a good guy, i've met him more than once. first time was just randomly at a studio when i was working and talked to him about comedy and drama (and how the two mix well for actors) for like almost half an hour. i hope he fully recovered from his heart attack

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I watched the movie Martyrs and it hosed me up real bad, strong recommend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8RDYD6VhpI

why

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im really looking forward to better call saul finishing up so i can watch it over hte course of a week or two

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's real good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Achmed Jones posted:

im really looking forward to better call saul finishing up so i can watch it over hte course of a week or two

The first part of the last season is done now. It was real good.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It sucks rear end that they split it into 2 parts.

I think I posted about this before but I feel really bad for Howard. He's a dick at times, but I don't think he deserved any of what he got. Also I think Lalo is going to be that extra dead body they found when they uncovered the meth lab in breaking bad.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
so theres one more season then

i refuse to accept this season split poo poo folks are doing now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
looking forward to better call saul finishing up so I can get a read on whether or not I should watch it

ive seen one clip, the one with old dude and the vampire in the parking deck

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

looking forward to better call saul finishing up so I can get a read on whether or not I should watch it

ive seen one clip, the one with old dude and the vampire in the parking deck
same except i've seen zero clips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

so theres one more season then

i refuse to accept this season split poo poo folks are doing now

the split season killed all momentum in the show and ive lost interest. might pick it up again once its totally done if i dont completely forget about it.