Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
If you liked the old Bill and Teds then you will like the new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
the weirdest thing about eva is that it's super dark and the entire ending is a hosed up look at existentialism and despair and depression...

...and then you can buy branded everything from watches to diamond rings to noodles to bags and if you didn't know better you'd think Eva was just like Gundam or Transformers.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
So I guess this season of the expanse was just a setup for next season

good moments, Naomi's whole arc was fantastic, but otherwise felt like "everyone dispersed and then came back together". (i've not read the later books yet)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

The Fool posted:

did they do the showdown with Marco at the gate ?

if not, they’ve got some content to get through before the 40 year skip

I really hope they just stop there

Your first spoiler sounds like it could be the series finale, as they ended Season 5 with Marco ambushing the gate and now has it under control and the UN is just finally getting on its feet.

I think they said Season 6 is the finale. Any of the (second spoiler) would have to be hinted at in an epilogue and/or spin-off with new cast.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
btw Paul Walked dated teenagers as a 30-something year old man

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

The Fool posted:

re: Holden - does he chill out a bit in later seasons on the show? I felt he did in the later books, not that his core character motivations changed, but like some of the edges wore down with experience as the books moved forward

He's still Hero Protagonist in season 4, but Season 5 feels like a switch where everyone else finally gets some shine.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Casual Encountess posted:

both the anime and the netflix series are based on the books which were written in 1910 or whatever about a master thief. its some old timey sherlock holmes poo poo and its great.

there were even some crossover books until Doyle got mad, so Leblanc just changed the name of the English protaginist to Herlock Sholmes lol

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Definitely better than whatever that mess was in the Falcon / Winter Soldier finale

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
going up uP UP (but 99% for un-vaxxed folks)

I'm tempted to go for Dune, but will likely pick a Tuesday 11 AM showing if I do

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

didn't realize Lucy needed a spiritual sequel

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if that's the case then why isn't hollywood also trying to capture ticket sales in india

China box office numbers were second behind North America, $11b to $9b, in 2019, India was around $1.5b if my conversion is right.

post pandemic, who knows

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
i love following this account there are rarely any duds

https://twitter.com/SpidrVrseFrames/status/1424839366908776448?s=20
https://twitter.com/SpidrVrseFrames/status/1424748922678005760?s=20
https://twitter.com/SpidrVrseFrames/status/1422136358425010178?s=20

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
the sink and phone booth scenes were probably the first time I saw a horror movie as a kid, might have been 7 or 8? have no clue why it was on at my grandparents house lol

absolutely terrifying back then, maybe i should rewatch it now and see just how janky and hilarious it is now

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

ymgve posted:

I thought the concept sounded familiar but I didn’t recognize the plot - turns out there are (at least) two movies about camera teams following serial killers: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0437857/

does Rubber count in this genre

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
When does Netflix typically release trailers in relation to release date? Because they have teased a ton of Cowboy Bebop stuff, whether it be stills or the actors groovin to the theme song, but seems strange that there has been no footage.

anyway it’s an excuse to watch the series again, found my blu-rays after thinking i’d lost them for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Leslie Knope thinks she is Ted Lasso, but she’s actually Michael Scott