Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

oh yeah lol theres no way a future auto-tesla cab company would make them that durable. maybe hosable but not bulletproof
regular non-auto teslas aren't waterproof, why would the cheap versions be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

indigi posted:

what is a chickenhawk DONT say nothing much what's chickenhawk with you
not much what's chickenhawk DONT say nothing much what's chickenhawk with you with you?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

being a fan of McDonald’s quarter pounders with cheese
can we keep tori talk to the hellworld thread

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Casual Encountess posted:

i’m watching the mando now and lol yeah the rebels are totally space cops

well yeah they're not rebels anymore, they're the government

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah i assumed it was either homophobia or transphobia

or trump poo poo, which i guess is the same thing really

iirc there were similar rumors when she was in deadpool

all of this plus some antisemitism thrown in!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

imagine spending the amount of time needed on 4chan to know the origins of memes

like i don't doubt at all the harambe thing was a racist "joke" but i would never know because why would i ever look at 4chan

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dammit i watched akira, so i am an anime fan :negative:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i finally watched this trailer and yes, i'm with smoka on this. sub-zero freezes a dude's blood spurt and stabs him with it. this is exactly what mortal kombat is

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I don't think the pressure change itself would do that much to you. iirc in the strongest storms the pressure is about the same as at the top of a tall mountain.

Certainly it would be less of a concern than the sticks and trees and cars and cows flying around at 250 mph

yeah, the pressure inside a tornado is roughly the same as the cabin pressure of a commercial airliner: 11-12 psi, down from 14.7 at sea level

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

ugh someone writing the umbrella academy really has a thing for incest don't they

pretty sure this is all from the source comic, so that someone is gerard way

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echi

no

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the slaughterhouse-five graphic novel adaptation that came out is a good comiced book (but obviously read the novel)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the writer of fable is a massive chud and it seeps into the story pretty noticably.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rotor posted:

that's the thing. No one buys comics. If the comic industry had to support itself by actually selling comics everyone would be bankrupt in a week. The reason the comics industry still exists is because they're ready-made scripts & storyboards for movies and lots of people are operating at a loss hoping to get picked up by a studio.

ehhhhhh i don't think that's particularly true. image comics exists just fine and makes exactly $0 from licensing since the entirety of their IP is their name and trademarks. the works they publish are owned by the creators, and their model is such that their best-selling comic makes them exactly as much as their worst-selling one

granted, the industry would look *very* different if everyone followed that model

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bump_fn posted:

wait is the new batman movie cut really in 4:3?.? was the original?
yes

no

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anyway, i'm watching this and i'm about halfway through and it's not bad? not particularly good and definitely bloated, but not bad?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

having watched the entire snyder cut:

it's fine. it's too long. the CGI is pretty bad at a lot of places, and the sound effects are often really dumb (superman's punches make pew pew laser noises and the boom tubes don't boom). the story holds up way better than the theatrical release. the screen ratio is an odd choice, but i don't think it's bad, exactly. it would work far better in a theater, though. jared leto's scene is atrocious. snyder definitely indulges in all the things you expect from a snyder movie. i don't feel like i wasted my time shitposting with it on in the background, but i will probably never watch it again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fart simpson posted:

this was my review in cined:

i just watched it. the character motivations are better established and it works a bit better i guess, but its still a huge boring, bland generic superhero movie theres just more of it. i cant really fault whedon for cutting anything specific out to meet a reasonable runtime.
yeah, there's plenty that should have been cut for time, and i won't pretend i remember what whedon's was actually like beyond not like it since i watched it once on hbo or something years ago, but i can pretty confidently say the cuts he made weren't the right ones from a narrative perspective

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

one would think that making a bunch of critically and commercially unsuccessful near-identical movies would maybe lead the studio to rethink the dour, edgelord garbage they've been making but the batman makes it look like they're doubling down

i dunno, shazam, birds of prey, aquaman, and wonder woman weren't really the dour edgelord crap (albeit still mostly commercially unsuccessful), so they at least seem open to trying different things.

i'm not really sure how you're supposed to make a non-dour edgelord batman movie without doing a complete 180 back to adam west batman, but that's why i'm not paid the big bucks. that would be rad, though, so they should do that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

isnt the star-studded batman & robin was an attempt at a modern adam west style batman
i think it was less a deliberate attempt at 66 batman campiness and more the logical extension of the campiness inherent to burton's batman

indigi posted:

there are parts of the Nolan movies that aren’t dour edgelord crap, especially scenes with Alfred or Gordon, they just need to lean into that. write him more like RDJ’s Tony Stark. dude is a billionaire playing detective and taking out his PTSD on costumed maniacs, that lifestyle would probably be kinda fun for him. just make him a bit more self aware and make the villains a little more cartoonish and you’d be good to go
one thing i can say as a positive of snyder jl is that affleck does a really great job as bruce wayne. he sucks as batman, but he's fun as bruce wayne. jeremy irons does great as alfred, too. he's fun interacting with basically everyone, but particularly wonder woman. oddly, this is not at all the impression i got from bvs. flash is pretty much comedy relief the entire movie, too, so it's not entirely dourness.

all that said, nothing i've seen of the batman suggests that's how tehy'll be playing it there

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 19, 2021

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

at no point did I say any of those were *good* just that they weren't following the Snyder dour edge lord presentation

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i fall asleep to the sounds of the city

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ugh I noticed the daily Kindle deal had The Hobbit in for a quid, but

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobbit-J-R-Tolkien-ebook/dp/B002RI9ZY0

What a loving dull as dirt cover that is, anything else would be better. No kid is going to want to pick that up off a library shelf.

Maybe its another 'Harry Potter book but with grown-up cover' thing?
i don't see the problem, it's exactly as dull as tolkein's writing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

shoeberto posted:

Rick and Morty gonna end up on the air longer than Simpsons, just you fuckers wait and see.

yeah, but does it matter if they make fewer episodes across 30 years than simpsons did in 3?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cameras $200

Lights $150

Daniel Craig $800

Knives $225,000,000

Crew $150

someone who is good at movies please help me budget this. my film is dying

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW948Va-l10

I would usually say (and double after seeing the Black Widow trailer) yup all done with Marvel trash but I can't deny the charm of the Hiddleston - See how the first couple of episodes shake out.

Also I would put cash on there being a VARIANT tshirt available to buy as merch very soon.

edit: I never even bothered to pick up WandaVision or the current Falcon/WinterSoldier - I saw enough positive chatter about the first to maybe give it a spin, is the latter any good so far? From what I've read it's not 'concept' like WV was.
F&WS is exceedingly *fine*. It's a good action show, but that's about it. It's also going to be shorter than WV, so there's that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i used to use apple music because the sync works well and being able to add your own stuff is great. i moved to a subsonic server because i wanted something I could stream from on just a web browser for my work desktop, but still have carplay support (there's an app that works for it).

it's funny though, looking at my history, there's stuff I uploaded to my apple music that's been stored by apple longer than google music even existed.
it might not have existed when you made the switch but apple music has a webapp

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i like disco a lot, but can certainly recognize the criticisms of it. that said, if i want to watch trek-rear end trek, there's hundreds of hours available on streaming, and i'm more interested in something new.

picard did nothing at all for me though other than the cool vulcan ninja

i have been meaning to watch lower decks but haven't gotten around to it yet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i watched the first episode of resident alien because of the mention here and it seems fun, thanks internet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

haveblue posted:

they didn't really commit to anything that happened in TLJ, the first third or so of ROS is spent on undoing it

some of that is probably abrams being mad his grand trilogy vision was rejected and some of it is probably suits demanding a minimum level of sequel bait

they literally show her with the book in ROS. in any case, i think there's some implications that said book is really early jedi knowledge and not really what the latter day jedi became. like, jesus's ministry vs. the modern catholic church

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oneiros posted:

made the mistake of watching the snyder cut of justice league (at some point sunk-cost mindset just took over) and all i can say is if that's supposed to be the improved version then o o f
whedon league is atrocious. snyder league is just mediocre and too long

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i'd love to see like a 6 episode miniseries of Red Son though

they made an animated movie. i assume it's bad because all dc animated movies are bad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i hope stryker is in the next one and gets fucken fatalitied

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

the guy who came up with the name "negasonic teenage warhead" is like 60
well, they were more like 40 when they came up with it

ps: grant morrison is non-binary and uses they/them, so "guy" is probably not correct. (i realize you probably are just unaware and not being a dick.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

indigi posted:

that Amazon anthology from 2017 or whatever was awesome, they really should have done more but it was too early in the life of Prime for people to get hype over it. hopefully Bezos resurrects it because he's a loving nerd

did it have positive emotions and negative emotions?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I've really been enjoying slowly going through Grant Morrison's run of Doom Patrol after binging the TV series, hope he doesn't get outted as a sex pest.
morrison is NB and uses they/them fyi

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

indigi posted:

is that still his comic origin? he’d have to be 90 at this point

it is, but he's been deaged and cloned and killed and resurrected like a dozen times, so age is pretty irrelevant

also mutants are all immortal now anyway

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

they gave dr strange to sam raimi, surprisingly

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

legion is absolutely not a superhero show if that's what's keeping you from watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

indigi posted:

Guga Foods >>>>>> tv chefs

that guy rules yeah