Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Here's a screenshot of a deleted article in the shittiest format possible:

Tom Guycot posted:

My apologies for the long thin form of it, but an article about this was released early and quickly deleted, but someone grabbed a screen shot of it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

This gives me hope that Earth may some day be able to support intelligent life.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Like 5 years ago I would have been super excited, now I'm just wondering how we gently caress this up.

We'll catch a planetary venereal disease from the first sample return mission.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

MagicBoots posted:

Venus's upper atmosphere is actually very livable (above the aforementioned acid clouds). There's a band in which you wouldn't even need a suit, just an oxygen tank and a face mask. The Russian probes have also already been considered and a few decades is simply not enough to have generated this much phosphine. When they say there is more than they expect from what we understand of Venus's geology they mean by orders of magnitude, there is way too much phosphine. So either we have stumbled across novel chemistry or a biological process. Either way it's quite the discovery.

Bob Kostas has an opinion about how germ-riddled Russian engineering can be.