Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/MickWest/status/1305177122546171907?s=20

The guy who made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater was right, as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

old beast lunatic posted:

5 years ago I'd be thinking about how this owns and it means there is probably life everywhere. Now I just want to know how I can weaponize this venusian fart alien news to gently caress with religious people

After watching all the I loving Love Science people immediately lapse into UFO cult fanfiction the moment the possibility of life on other planets is even speculated about I don't think they're in any position to be throwing stones.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
This is a good first step, but it will still be years before scientists can answer whether or not girls go to jupiter to get more stupider or even begin to locate the place on mars where the babies smoke cigars.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

BigBadSteve posted:

Venus has an average surface temperature of 867 degrees F and it rains sulphuric acid. Yeah I bet it's loving teeming with life. Gonna cut off my balls and wait for the Venusian spaceship now.

Ignoring how idiotic it is to assume that life can only observe in conditions like those on Earth because it is the only environment we are able to observe life, even here on Earth there are creatures that live in similarly hostile environments. Go down to one of the hydrothermal vents on the ocean's floor and kindly explain to all the organisms living in an 867 °F sulfur-rich environment with zero sunlight that they simply don't exist.