Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I'm cleaning up and found an old box with 90's magazines of the Franklin Mint. This is some weird poo poo for sale.

taHqeq!

Knives and bears together at last

Oof

Redundant but they've got a gently caress-ton of variations of these.

It's Eagle o'clock

The world's gauddiest scrabble, only 750 90's bucks

Enjoy this Jesus fabergé

I'll be first to admit, that's a pretty sweet plate

Finally bring the game at home!

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Sep 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Shifty gimbal posted:

Finally bring the game at home!

:hellyeah:

e: this is still on amazon for a paltry $1500!

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 14, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
man it goes down faaaast after that klingon knife

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
These are cool adverts to look at, but I can’t help feeling the world would be a better place if we executed everyone who’d bought any of these things.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Shifty gimbal posted:

The world's gauddiest scrabble, only 750 90's bucks

Not that anyone had a high opinion of Franklin Mint merch, but apparently these "high-end" scrabble sets are pieces of poo poo and generally fall apart within a few months of purchase.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Torquemada posted:

These are cool adverts to look at, but I can’t help feeling the world would be a better place if we executed everyone who’d bought any of these things.

i forget what sort of magazines i used to have as a kid that would have ads for those gold-and-mahogany monopoly sets, but i remember thinking that they must be one of the coolest things you could possibly own as an adult

but now lol look at that literal garbage

Cum Galleon
Oct 16, 2004

Your shipment has arrived.
Lavishly plated with gleaming gold

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There are two wolves inside your knife. One is a ghost for some reason.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
They sure emphasize the precision manufacturing.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Harley-Davidson Monopoly - very cool

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pawn 17 posted:

:hellyeah:

e: this is still on amazon for a paltry $1500!

I don't know if that's the exact version but my friends dad had that chess board. He let us play chess on it one time, it was weird

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
PINTS FU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Who is this pretender to the Bud K throne?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm imaging an entire coin company but every employee is Franklin the turtle lol

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
cool

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

"Live the Harley life" No Life is a different game.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
The Franklin Mint got nothing on the MONTEGRAPPA CHAOS PEN.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Medicine man on the arrowhead looking rather pleased with himself.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Whybird posted:

The Franklin Mint got nothing on the MONTEGRAPPA CHAOS PEN.

that video is really something

the silver one:

and the gold

and the watch baby

all designed by sly stallone baby!

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

hakimashou posted:

that video is really something

the silver one:

and the gold

and the watch baby

For the busy Cartel hitman

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

hakimashou posted:

and the watch baby

fuuuuuuck. i know someone who would love the silver version of this. too bad it's out of stock.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Ah yes. The Franklin mint, bradford exchange, Hamilton collection...

How come no one makes collector plates no more? I want to see superior intelligence and calm demeanor in plate form!

https://youtu.be/fInDEfvIocw

Edit:
Of course not all plates go up in value... some go down. Check plate world magazine for details!

https://youtu.be/3y4dU6pXFyk

KillerJunglist fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Sep 15, 2020

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
This is a preview of the boxes you'll find in your chud parents' closets after they die.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

OOH WAH AH AH AH

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Man that is gonna be a bitch and a half to dust.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Were they selling that Dale Earnhardt poo poo before he died? That seems like a weird marketing choice.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I bet it's surprisingly light weight on the top with a super heavy bottom. you don't want to dust that thing it'll snap at the leg.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

By popular demand posted:

Medicine man on the arrowhead looking rather pleased with himself.

He was straight edge?

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

OOH WAH AH AH AH

droppin collectible plates on your rear end bitch

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When I was a young beef, but still an ultra nerd and history buff, I had a subscription to a civil war magazine.

In retrospect, I'm not sure exactly what breaking news there was to be had about an old war. But I was a kid and learning history and so it was interesting to me at the time. ANYHOOTS check out this problematic thing that was advertised heavily in those old issues, of which sadly I have none to scan for your pleasure. This is not mine, neither I or my parents could have afforded such luxury.

or perhaps this

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 15, 2020

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

There are a fair number of the dragon master plates on ebay for reasonable prices. I would totally buy a set as a joke if you could eat off them but it looks like not.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Not gonna lie, the first time I saw that Star Trek 3D chess board in NatGeo I wanted nothing else in the world. Unfortunately, I was around 10 at the time and my parents sure as gently caress didn't have $300 to blow.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I could have sworn commerative plates were designed for the future of dining, that is you take your TV dinner out of the microwave put it on your plate sit in the living room and eat while watching a 12 inch TV from 6 inches away all huddled together while trying to make your noodles into different hair styles for Albert Einstein on your plate.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FullLeatherJacket posted:

i forget what sort of magazines i used to have as a kid that would have ads for those gold-and-mahogany monopoly sets, but i remember thinking that they must be one of the coolest things you could possibly own as an adult

but now lol look at that literal garbage

I thought it was just me. I remember seeing that Franklin Mint Monopoly advertised everywhere (despite the fact that I only read video game magazines at the time) and I never wanted something so badly in my life. I have no clue why. I don't like jewelry or even Monopoly. And we weren't rich. I was just obsessed with wanting that thing for some reason. I was probably about 9 or 10 years old.

I looked it up on ebay not too long ago and they apparently age like poo poo. The felt peels, the wood chips, and the gold oxidizes or something because every one I looked at looked terrible.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The allure of the 'classy' chess set is because it's the epitome of what an adult life should be but is in reality a parody of it. Like Frasier Crane.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I like the fact that the star trek chess board says its "approximately" 13 inches tall.

It's 300 loving dollars and it's a foot tall and you're only PRETTY sure that's about it?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A good set of calipers costs money you know! Unlike the garbage they get from China and resell.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

By popular demand posted:

A good set of calipers costs money you know! Unlike the garbage they get from China and resell.

Now I’m remembering the dice thread, and the caliper guy.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
When I saw the thread title, I immediately thought of this from way the gently caress back:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020529131812/http://mulletsgalore.com/

mulletsgalore.com posted:

54. proles: much like in the orwellian nightmare "1984", these red-forearmed "simple folk" get pregnant at 15 and don't stop squirting out kids until they have to take care of their grandkids. they keep the mulleted community's economy alive by purchasing and bartering useless novelties such as: airbrushed t-shirts, wood-handled knife collections, "freedom rock" compilations, and anything available from the franklin mint. these two seem to have struck gold with these fine, fine airbrushed bo and luke duke t-shirts, which are sure to catapult them to god-like status in their respective trailer parks.

ahh yes. if there is any hope, any hope at all, it lies in the proles...

It was two mullet ladies wearing airbrushed Dukes of Hazzard t shirts.

Someone must be able to find the pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Ralph Crammed In posted:

You fool the dust is another protective layer!