Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

I like real time interaction lol

Nice shot by Tiger there and even better one by Justin
Let's TV IV this poo poo like an NFL GDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Good stroke by Tiger there.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jordan into a tree lol

Jordan needs to take a break for a while I think, he's just, off or something.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

Jordan into a tree lol

Jordan needs to take a break for a while I think, he's just, off or something.
I don't know why he has to retee. Maybe because he couldn't identify the ball? I feel like he should be able to take a penalty drop.

e: He ran out of the 3 minutes to find a ball.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tiger with 3w off #2 and it doesn't fade, goes into a fairway bunker. Not good.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Tiger with 3w off #2 and it doesn't fade, goes into a fairway bunker. Not good.

Nothing worse then lining up for a fade and it goes dead straight :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Looks like Tiger's right foot barely slipped out of the fairway bunker

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Bunker to bunker for T ouch

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Announcers talk how Justin is so good from 150 yards in, really changed his game etc etc, proceeds to put it in greenside bunker lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

Bunker to bunker for T ouch
The interesting thing is when I go bunker to bunker, I feel worse than hitting into a greenside bunker from the fairway. The former shot is more difficult so I shouldn't feel as bad, and yet I do.

I wonder if it's because

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

JDay very pastel. I kinda like it?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Double sandy save for Tiger there

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Also, wifey is out of town this weekend so it's a full on playing golf sat/sun then coming home and watching golf sat/sun for me!

Orange County National is hosting a Korn Ferry tour event in 2 weeks on their Panther Lake course and I snagged a tee time for saturday, all accounts is the course is 90% of the way to tournament conditions so that should be fun!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

lol Rory hit his 2nd on the par 5 to the tee box of the next hole

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tiger seems to be missing left early. We know how much he hates that.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I like this Phil Amstel Light commercial

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Looks like Tiger is popping some advil already. I'm right there with him usually mine are before I start on the range though lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

Looks like Tiger is popping some advil already. I'm right there with him usually mine are before I start on the range though lol
It's too cold. Glutes not activating

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Should be a relatively easy putt coming back for Tiger since he saw the line as it went by.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Really interesting, neither Tiger nor JT's bunker shots seemed to have any spin

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

:getin:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Nicely done for par there.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ok Jordan, I see you

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Feeling like I should've threw $25 on Tiger to win at 45-1.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I've played on one course that had super square-shaped greens like this, Camargo Club in Cincinnati for a US Am qualifier and it's a really weird feeling even though it's basically like a driving range.

I WDed after 9 holes because I played so bad :lol:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I've played on one course that had super square-shaped greens like this, Camargo Club in Cincinnati for a US Am qualifier and it's a really weird feeling even though it's basically like a driving range.

I WDed after 9 holes because I played so bad :lol:

There's one course I regularly play around here called Grand Cypress New which is a links style course and they have one or two square greens, one is a par 3 that can play anywhere from 160 yards to 200 yards as its a long rear end green with 3 tiers to it.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Oof, poor putt from Tiger there.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Free viewing for spectators!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tiger scrambling for bogey

So far, the course seems reasonable tee to green. The difficulty seems to come from the greens.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Of course the one guy holding a sign "When we stand we stand with Tiger" is the only guy whose mask is down :ughh:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jordan out here playing putt putt golf lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

In his major wins, Rory has shot 67 or better in the first round. Looking good so far.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I'm already disappointed by people being two shots under.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jordan snapped his tee shot there but 171 mph ball speed is really high for him. New Titleist drivers might be juicy.

e: Apparently he averaged 172 mph last season lol n/m

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Jordan snapped his tee shot there but 171 mph ball speed is really high for him. New Titleist drivers might be juicy.

I saw an article the other day how a bunch of the Titleist pros love the new driver.

Looked like he slipped too

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

I saw an article the other day how a bunch of the Titleist pros love the new driver.

Looked like he slipped too
Yeah I'm still on a 915D3 which is now 6 years and 3 generations old. Now that I have proper disposable income, I might go for a proper fitting at Club Champion but that $550 MSRP is no bueno.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah I'm still on a 915D3 which is now 6 years and 3 generations old. Now that I have proper disposable income, I might go for a proper fitting at Club Champion but that $550 MSRP is no bueno.

And lol at thinking you're getting outta club champion for MSRP once you factor in shaft selection as well :)

I wish I paid MSRP for my G410 from my CC fitting lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

And lol at thinking you're getting outta club champion for MSRP once you factor in shaft selection as well :)

I wish I paid MSRP for my G410 from my CC fitting lol
In 2011, I got fitted at Edwin Watts for a 910D3 8.5* @ 7.75* w/stock Diamana White 72X. My 915D3 8.5* with the same shaft extended to 45.5" was good enough per a Titleist fitting day in 2016 on Trackman. My guess is I can get a 95% optimized fit with a TSi3 and whatever stock Diamana/Tensei White 60X. Only question is 8* or 9* which I can probably figure out based on spin numbers from Youtube reviews.

$800 with an exotic shaft + $150 for fitting does not appeal to me at all, especially since Discount Dan's will probably sell it for $500 and no tax.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I'm liking these over head shots they are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Reed with a hole in one!