Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Bubba has his head right lately so I'll stick with him. Gotta rep the Ping driver crew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfx86KMkBy0

This is an awesome video overview of the course. Those greens, just loving perfect.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Boss on vacation for the next 2 days so that means nothing but smoooooth golf watching all day!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Wow, Jordan's second shot looked fine, until it caught the wrong slope and almost rolled off the front of the green lol

Do we have a SA Golf discord or anything where you guys wanna chat about the golf today or anything?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

The SAS discord, if anyone even posts there, doesn't have a golf channel. What's wrong with posting here? :colbert:

I like real time interaction lol

Nice shot by Tiger there and even better one by Justin

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jordan into a tree lol

Jordan needs to take a break for a while I think, he's just, off or something.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Tiger with 3w off #2 and it doesn't fade, goes into a fairway bunker. Not good.

Nothing worse then lining up for a fade and it goes dead straight :(

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Bunker to bunker for T ouch

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Announcers talk how Justin is so good from 150 yards in, really changed his game etc etc, proceeds to put it in greenside bunker lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Double sandy save for Tiger there

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Also, wifey is out of town this weekend so it's a full on playing golf sat/sun then coming home and watching golf sat/sun for me!

Orange County National is hosting a Korn Ferry tour event in 2 weeks on their Panther Lake course and I snagged a tee time for saturday, all accounts is the course is 90% of the way to tournament conditions so that should be fun!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Looks like Tiger is popping some advil already. I'm right there with him usually mine are before I start on the range though lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Should be a relatively easy putt coming back for Tiger since he saw the line as it went by.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Nicely done for par there.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ok Jordan, I see you

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I've played on one course that had super square-shaped greens like this, Camargo Club in Cincinnati for a US Am qualifier and it's a really weird feeling even though it's basically like a driving range.

I WDed after 9 holes because I played so bad :lol:

There's one course I regularly play around here called Grand Cypress New which is a links style course and they have one or two square greens, one is a par 3 that can play anywhere from 160 yards to 200 yards as its a long rear end green with 3 tiers to it.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Oof, poor putt from Tiger there.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jordan out here playing putt putt golf lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Jordan snapped his tee shot there but 171 mph ball speed is really high for him. New Titleist drivers might be juicy.

I saw an article the other day how a bunch of the Titleist pros love the new driver.

Looked like he slipped too

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah I'm still on a 915D3 which is now 6 years and 3 generations old. Now that I have proper disposable income, I might go for a proper fitting at Club Champion but that $550 MSRP is no bueno.

And lol at thinking you're getting outta club champion for MSRP once you factor in shaft selection as well :)

I wish I paid MSRP for my G410 from my CC fitting lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I'm liking these over head shots they are doing.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Big Cat birdie!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

3 majors, 11 PGA Tour wins, that's a HOF career

Can't wait for Bubba to get in the HOF!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Another missed fairway for Tiger

He's hitting them, they just aren't staying in them lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

There you go!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Putter alive!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Mcqueen posted:

Anyone got a stream for this? I stupidly thought my pgalive acct would work...

usopen.com has the featured groups

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Seriously, on that putt from Tiger they kept the camera on him the whole loving way instead of you know, showing the double breaking uphill putt.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Conveniently, our pool is split between the 2 waves.

After the morning wave, I could’ve been 5 ahead but instead I’m 3 behind :downs:

Slow and steady Bubba, slow and steady!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Daric posted:

I've been using this new betting app and it has live betting. Every time it pops up "Will Phil Mickelson be in the fairway after his tee shot on X?" I just hammer No. Easy money.

I uh, need the name of that app...for, research purposes of course!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Well Bubba went out an had himself a round this morning!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I haven’t been able to watch yet today but it looks like the scores are higher. Good.

Yep, from the morning times, only 3 people under par lol

Bubba is on 18 @ -3 for the day and best round on course.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

And he doubles 18 to drop back to -1 on the day +1 for the tourney. Although the course looks like it's eatting people up so these afternoon guys could all come back to him as well.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Oooof, Wolfe just fell the gently caress apart there.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The afternoon tee times are going to be interesting if the course is firming up and getting tougher.

2 people under par from the morning group lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Douchebag posted:

I’m enjoying the Mickelson commercials as much as I’m enjoying watching these guys struggle.

I hadn't been paying attention to Mickelson and oooof, not a good showing from him lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Mcqueen posted:

Sounded like folks were talking poo poo yesterday about how the course was playing too easy. Now they turned it to 11 and ripped the knob off?

And the morning groups are just finishing so who knows how much harder it's going to play this afternoon!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Speith is just broke. He needs to shut it down for a while and fix poo poo.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

If Day and Rose don’t keep it together and wind up making a bogie or 2, with the cut looking like +6 there might be only 3 of us with people in the weekend lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Anno posted:

Legit shank from Spieth there from the bunker.

Back to back shanks