Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

baw posted:

ok we saw the table in person and well, the wood part is cheap looking and i guess the whole thing is cheaper looking that i hoped. and smalle

so back to facebook marketplace

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's all coffee tables to me, OP I

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

thinking about buying a new bed frame with a big padded headboard since i work from bed for the first couple hours every morning (hungover)
like table tops glass is also the most practical material for headboards

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I want an apartment like Frasier Crane's

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s so ugly! I must have it! :yeshaha:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
ok so it turns out ebay still exists

unironicaly like this, asking what material it is att

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

This is an object of great beauty and class.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I have a distant dream of commissioning a skilled person to make a reproduction of this percival lafer brazilian midcentury chair because the originals are 50 years old and crusty anyway, and still sell for like 6 grand. I don't know why but it seems like the nicest chair, my forever chair

anybody who can help me in my dream (or reliably inform me that to do such a thing would cost more than originals go for) please advise

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Brutalism is a cold and uninviting art movement. Prove me wrong. :colbert:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why would anyone do that? what do we owe you?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

I have a distant dream of commissioning a skilled person to make a reproduction of this percival lafer brazilian midcentury chair because the originals are 50 years old and crusty anyway, and still sell for like 6 grand. I don't know why but it seems like the nicest chair, my forever chair

anybody who can help me in my dream (or reliably inform me that to do such a thing would cost more than originals go for) please advise

never seen a chair that looks more like somebody is going to be strapped to it for a lobotomy in 1957

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

TheAardvark posted:

never seen a chair that looks more like somebody is going to be strapped to it for a lobotomy in 1957

EXACTLY

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

TheAardvark posted:

never seen a chair that looks more like somebody is still strapped to it since a lobotomy in 1957

ftfy

Seriously, it looks like a person that's melted away into the chair

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 21, 2020

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I need a sofa. I have bought and given away a ridiculous number and dollar amount of sofas in the past 10 years. Most of the problem is my wife, who (a) is short and (b) has a back injury.

We've been to all the furniture stores in our town and the trend is "huge and deep" so her feet can't touch the floor. Which doesn't help the back injury. Looking for something more minimalist, we've seen several short-person love-seat-sized stuff, but where's a man supposed to sleep when his wife boots him out the bed for snoring?

The happiest she's ever been with a couch is the ikea klippan (?) we got rid of 10 years ago before a move. Easily a $10k mistake.

quote:

Pretty sure my old desk in my state lab job was just a taller version of this.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm on a mission to make some furniture.

Very hyped to have a hand-made dinner table. So far, I've purchased the wood for the top.

1.5 inch thick, 10ft long and 44 inches wide totals made up of walnut boards.

In the end, it'll probably be 8ft long, 3 ft wide, and 1 1/4 inches thick or less.

I'm working on the design for the legs. Nothing set in stone yet.

cool! i just finished my first furniture build of a board game table out of padauk. it's got magnetic rails inside and outside the play surface for cupholders/component holders/etc. i got it home this weekend and i'm still waiting on the neoprene surface to show up so here's the latest pic i have of it.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

zaepg posted:

Brutalism is a cold and uninviting art movement. Prove me wrong. :colbert:

http://www.home-designing.com/brutalist-concrete-house-exterior-facade-design-inspiration-photos

Ok

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

ill do it for $5k but you gotta come pick it up

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

pumped up for school posted:

I need a sofa. I have bought and given away a ridiculous number and dollar amount of sofas in the past 10 years. Most of the problem is my wife, who (a) is short and (b) has a back injury.

We've been to all the furniture stores in our town and the trend is "huge and deep" so her feet can't touch the floor. Which doesn't help the back injury. Looking for something more minimalist, we've seen several short-person love-seat-sized stuff, but where's a man supposed to sleep when his wife boots him out the bed for snoring?

The happiest she's ever been with a couch is the ikea klippan (?) we got rid of 10 years ago before a move. Easily a $10k mistake.

Get another klippan? They still make em. I have one in my basement right now.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

pumped up for school posted:

Pretty sure my old desk in my state lab job was just a taller version of this.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/friheten-sleeper-sectional-3-seat-w-storage-skiftebo-dark-gray-s69216757/

I was wanting to grab one of these awhile ago and allowed my husband to talk us into some terrible thing instead. He and I are fairly short (5'6) and we always make sure our feet can touch the ground when considering a sofa and this fits that bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

jarofpiss posted:

ill do it for $5k but you gotta come pick it up

i guess that's probably what it would cost for an extremely comfortable chair that looks a lot like a melted man draped over a frame. do you know how to approximate a melted man?

if only i didn't third-hand know of someone who found a pair of the OGs on the side of the road for ten bucks