Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolodex
Jan 7, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eazIXKvIfxo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I found a cool recipe that uses the oil leftover from cooking chorizo as part of the oil for making the mayo component. If it turns out nicely I'm going to use the leftover chorizomayo on blts.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

The only acceptable use for mayo is post-Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches.

There's no BLT without mayo. No caesar dressing either.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

an open face piece of sourdough, home made mayo, and then some ripe tomatoes topped with salt n pep

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slaov-G2H20

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is what people think the average American is like

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

poverty goat posted:

There's no BLT without mayo

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Horseradish sauce is the superior BLT/club sandwich condiment (but it’s still almost entirely mayo)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

an open face piece of sourdough, home made mayo, and then some ripe tomatoes topped with salt n pep

heck ya

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

Add country ham and this is my grandmother's signature sandwich which sustained me on many an afternoon after school when I'd otherwise have starved to death

Zaurg But A Horse
Apr 14, 2019

Zaurg? Neigh!
I am proud of you all for making this thread a thing of mayolicious beauty. GBS fighting the fgood fight.

But I must confess, a goon threw a brick through my window last night and wrapped around that brick was a very good point, written entirely in blue crayon.

"MAYO AIN'T WORTH poo poo IN CHILI"

I must admit, this unidentified goon driving a 2007 Miata with license plate ISTP4G04TCX has a very valid concern here. I cannot put mayonnaise in chili without an army of Texan luchador impersonators justifiably suplexing me through my collection of foldable TV dinner tray-stands.

Hot sauce: Well worth it for chili, and you can mock mayonnaise when applied to chili without fear of being considered faux-woke. I'll add it to our list of upcoming constitutional amendments.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
how would you know? you ever tried mayo in your chili?

naem
May 29, 2011

wait mayo in the pot while you cook chili??

I could see maybe sour cream as a topping to your bowl you’re about to eat

Zaurg But A Horse
Apr 14, 2019

Zaurg? Neigh!

TheAardvark posted:

how would you know? you ever tried mayo in your chili?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sure love to eat some beet borscht with mayo :mayo:

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

poverty goat posted:

There's no BLT without mayo. No caesar dressing either.

are we being trolled here

naem
May 29, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Greg12 posted:

I looked this up and apparently a lot of people make Caesar dressing with mayo.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

if you eat any creamy white american salad dressings but are anti-mayo I have some bad news for you: you've been eating mayo your whole life. Every salad. Every hot wing. Probably even some tacos. Some madmen even put it in chocolate cake, and it's loving delicious.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 22, 2020

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

poverty goat posted:

if you eat any creamy white american salad dressings but are anti-mayo I have some bad news for you: you've been eating mayo your whole life. Every salad. Every hot wing. Probably even some tacos. Some madmen even put it in chocolate cake, and it's loving delicious.

I’m not really “anti-mayo” but I don’t like ranch and most white creamy dressings. I just prefer the taste and texture of vinaigrettes. I will use mayo occasionally as a pre-coat for breading and pan-frying chicken breasts rather than flour and egg.

brotato
May 14, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I was perplexed by the Caeser dressing thing too but it makes sense. Caeser dressing includes egg, oil, and acid so by just putting in mayo I guess you can save yourself a few steps.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Greg12 posted:

The oil/egg yolk emulsion used in caesar dressing is pretty much mayo. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

poverty goat posted:

Every hot wing.

I really don’t get the appeal of dipping hot wings in creamy dressing. The wing sauce is delicious, why would I want to cover that up?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really don’t get the appeal of dipping hot wings in creamy dressing. The wing sauce is delicious, why would I want to cover that up?
blue cheese ftw

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Guildenstern Mother posted:

The oil/egg yolk emulsion used in caesar dressing is pretty much mayo. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

Lotta people forget about the anchovies too.

It’s apparently a very mysterious dressing and when people picture the ingredients it’s just a thought bubble with a huge question mark.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I’ve really upped my veganaise intake since this thread started.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Put a light coating of mayo on your steaks before you sear them.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Put a light coating of mayo on your steaks before you sear them.

similar trick but if you're toastin' a sandwhich scraping a thin rear end layer of mayo on the outside of the bread makes it super rich and crunchy good.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

spread a light layer of mayonnaise between your inner thighs on hot days to avoid the dreaded "baboon rear end"

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

A thin layer of mayonnaise after a shower is the perfect way to moisturize and especially great in the winter, against the cold.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Slick a nice dollop of mayonnaise into your ponytail before your next job interview for a "wet" look that just screams success.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That's right, the blue cheese dressing is strictly for the celery. Look at that groove on a celery stick then at the average size of the blue cheese chunks - that's not coincidence!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just finished a two-week mayo cleanse and i've never felt so eggy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mayo makes a wonderful beard and pube balm

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

Mayo makes a wonderful beard and pube balm

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

The_Continental posted:

Slick a nice dollop of mayonnaise into your ponytail before your next job interview for a "wet" look that just screams success.

What if one is bald, sir?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Then YA DONT DESERVE TO WORK HERE PAL.

WORLD NEEDS PLENNY OF BALD BARTENDERS.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Speaking of mayonnaise, I learned to make deviled eggs on Saturday, and it was so easy & delicious that I kind of want to try experimenting with a bunch of different mayonnaises.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

Speaking of mayonnaise, I learned to make deviled eggs on Saturday, and it was so easy & delicious that I kind of want to try experimenting with a bunch of different mayonnaises.

Make japanese demon eggs. Use japanese mayo, eggs from a cursed chicken, spring onion, pickled ginger, and hot mustard. It's going to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Use it instead of waxing your head. You do wax it after you shave it with a straight razor right?