Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Crowd Microphoned Well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

refs are cops

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

karma_coma posted:

Dudes I love FTR

I've never really watched WWE so didn't see them there

Their time in NXT (mainly their TakeOver matches) were good and then pretty much DOA after a bit on RAW and SmackDown.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I don't like Tony Khan on my TV show

in my perfect world that would be the extent of tony khan on TV, non speaking extra once a year

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't believe Mike Posey is the designated "ref that gets murdered"

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

oh but seriously I posted:

Crowd Microphoned Well

This is taped, they're sweetened

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cael posted:

I understand why people don't want him to be an active figure, but keep him to non-speaking roles where he just goes bug eyed and confused when poo poo goes down every now and then and that's a winner.

Yeah, he shouldn't be a character but he's good as a prop

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
big bicep tony seems to hold a very wwf president jack Tunney role, spoken about rarely, seen rarer still, im ok w it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

shiksa posted:

in my perfect world that would be the extent of tony khan on TV, non speaking extra once a year

thank you for not taking his awkward picture-in-picture congratulations of new champions away from me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is the third time Tony has been on the show in some capacity. It's fine.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Teenage Girl: Mum can I get a poster of teenage babyface heart throb Jungle Boy for my wall

Mum: You have teenage heart throb at home

Poster in Mum's room:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

smikey posted:

This is taped, they're sweetened

Once you hear the repeating boos, you'll want to die.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
are there more camera cuts than usual

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Also love that Tony just wears shorts and a t-shirt at gorilla and you see everyone at WWE gorilla in 3 piece suits just drenched in sweat

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

shiksa posted:

okay yeah fair if he's only on tv to collect fines in stacks of cash being thrown at him

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lid posted:

Teenage Girl: Mum can I get a poster of teenage babyface heart throb Jungle Boy for my wall

Mum: You have teenage heart throb at home

Poster in Mum's room:

:mods:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Paul turner looks like hes lot a bunch of weight

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Good flying nothing

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

karma_coma posted:

Dudes I love FTR

I've never really watched WWE so didn't see them there

tag teams that spam tags are extremely my jam because it's something you can't do in singles and shows a team working as a well oiled unit

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
OW

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also the Bucks segment just now was because somebody (TK, probably) really liked the "Young Bucks toss cash into TK's office" shot from BTE and wanted to canonize it on Dynamite.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Whoever said 'FTR is very good at a style I find boring as hell' summed up my feelings for them perfectly.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
is aew good tonight

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Keltar posted:

It's a slippy slope that's for sure, we've definitely seen what happens when the power that be gets tv time.

Especially because "owner with absolute power who looks like a goober and is a massive dick heel" could be something that could be tempting for a lifelong wrestling fan to do.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sadly using the inspect element trick to delete the Fite.tv chat doesn't reveal Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela watching the show with you this week :smith:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ALL REFS ARE BASTARDS (except Aubrey)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Paul turner looks like hes lot a bunch of weight

Probably sweated it all out in Jacksonville summer

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That catch and power slam was nice

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

that powerslam was sick

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jungle boy, meet the man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Love that overhead cam

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

i love a good bow and arrow

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'd poo poo my pants if one day someone went for a trip on an irish whip and it worked

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

love FTR

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That sequence was great

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Sadly using the inspect element trick to delete the Fite.tv chat doesn't reveal Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela watching the show with you this week :smith:

but you are now invited to the private party :unsmith:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Writer Cath posted:

Whoever said 'FTR is very good at a style I find boring as hell' summed up my feelings for them perfectly.

Same

Except I loved their match with butcher and blade

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

i didnt do anything and the chat isnt there but private party are

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Fhange The Rhannel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

one day Jungle Boy is going to be world champion and I'm going to be very happy.