Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I marked so hard for all of that. Dynamite is such a loving good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Taped AEW shows rule

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

phenomenal show

main event up there with PAC/Kenny ironman for the best match in Dynamite history

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i love wrestling it is good

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im feeling emotions because the best friends got their big prime time moment and killed it and then won and had the most best friends fade to black possible, god i love those guys

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Rosa/Ivelisse -> Archer/Moxley tag setup -> Parking Lot Fight might be my favorite run of segments in AEW history

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MJeff posted:

Is that the best Dynamite of the Covid era? I think it's gotta be.

I really like the fight for the fallen episodes but probably. Every match slapped, they advances storylines in every one of their divisions (except for their tnt belt) and didn’t have a single bad segment. And the finish was just insane. What a great episode.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

That was a banger episode from start to finish. GOT drat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i hereby dub Best Friends + OC + Sue as

the Sue World Order

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
In the words of Danny Maff,

THAT poo poo WAS HOT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy gently caress that 2 hours just flew by.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That was a match you tell people about they need to see and that ending was just icing on the cake.

Credit to all involved.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't remember ever seeing a weekly TV show in America having every match on the card from top to bottom being absolute bangers like this before. No time wasted, every segment was great.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I told my kid that if he wakes up early before school tomorrow he could watch the main event, on the off chance his favorite wrestler OC shows up.

He’s going to be so excited going to school tomorrow.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Reality Protester posted:

the Sue World Order

"YOU TALK ABOUT THE MINIVANS... YOU TALK ABOUT BEATING PEOPLE UP... WELL LET ME TELL YA SOMETHING, MOTHER!..."

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
is Big Dave going to rate that, or does it count as cinematic cause it was pre-taped

man I wish he rated Cinematic, just to see how low those WWE ones could go

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Reality Protester posted:

the Sue World Order

:hmmyes:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
WWE take note

THIS IS HOW YOU GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1306412836445454336?s=21

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hirez posted:

is Big Dave going to rate that, or does it count as cinematic cause it was pre-taped

probably not gonna get a rating.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I said drat.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tony's people missed one because early on you can clearly hear santana yelling GET THE gently caress BACK

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In the words of Danny Maff,

THAT poo poo WAS HOT

was it Maff or Mack that did the wall throw to an 18 year old Trent at Jersey All Pro and missed and Trent just landed on the ground and looked like he died

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

El Gallinero Gros posted:

WWE take note

THIS IS HOW YOU GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT

Story of AEW's short but absolutely brilliant life.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

rate it coward meltzer

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I am imagining the ending to the graduate only it's a bloody Chuck, Trent, and Orange driving away with Sue in her van, awkward silence and uncertainty slowly overtaking their relief

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Hirez posted:

man I wish he rated Cinematic, just to see how low those WWE ones could go

This didn't feel "cinematic" at all and def felt like a fight.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

meltzer will give it 5 stars and kiss trent fully on the lips

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This makes it 1000% more impressive. Holy poo poo. Holy shida.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

was it Maff or Mack that did the wall throw to an 18 year old Trent at Jersey All Pro and missed and Trent just landed on the ground and looked like he died

Don't remember

I was referencing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1sugcporc

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

that match owned

that whole show owned, except for the part with Jake Hager

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It was Mack

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
3 1/2 stars far too violent

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Just sitting here in awe. If you got asked the low point of the show, it's easy to say the Jericho tag match just because Hager was in it even though it was still passable. But outside that, every single loving segment just slapped. Going to go to bed soon with a giant grin on my face.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Ha! I found it. It was Mack. For anyone who hasn't seen it: it's a real gnarly bump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwbYcixMLrI

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

probably not gonna get a rating.

I hope he does, it's one thing for matches that require elaborate production only done by taping but unless I missed something it didn't feel like they did any fancy edits. It was a straight match that was taped.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

hunnert car pileup posted:

This didn't feel "cinematic" at all and def felt like a fight.

word, I didn't realize it was pre-taped or anything until you guys mentioned it.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Ha! I found it. It was Mack. For anyone who hasn't seen it: it's a real gnarly bump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwbYcixMLrI

i think he said he like badly hosed up his shoulder bad on this one but also he was young and broke and had no health insurance so i dont think he really did anything about it

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiDvQoTWkAA0aSn?format=jpg&name=medium

Will Hobbs is All Elite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

oh but seriously I posted:

and kiss trent fully on the lips