Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

good rear end episode of dynamite god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Swole's got us covered again:

https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1306412879965499394?s=20

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Tweak posted:

good rear end episode of dynamite god drat

yea for real. if i were to point at a lull, maybe the jericho/private party match but it was still good, just not really captivating

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
private Party has really upped their game in the past few months, way less awkwardness and more impact on their offense, Quen is fantastic and they've ditched the silly string it seems

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waffleopolis posted:

I miss PAC.....can't we just smuggle him into the country in like crate or something?

The issue is less getting him into the country and more where is he gonna go after the taping?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

The issue is less getting him into the country and more where is he gonna go after the taping?

there are bridges in jacksonville, right

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm really enjoying what they're going for with Shida too. Having her basically be the one to keep order in her division is a great contrast to the other divisions and reigns, Mox reveling in the glorious chaos, FTR being locker room assholes and refusing to give title shots unless the team they're facing beats them in a non-title match (which is itself a great contrast to Kenny and Hangman who had like, a million title defenses). It all feels really different, and that's super cool.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder how long that FTR stip will hang around and i hope it doesn't lead to Commissioner Tony shenanigans

also there's no way The Bucks beat them first before taking the belts so i feel like some kind of shakeup is in order

maybe The Bucks take out Tully in a brutal fashion and force a title match if they want revenge

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Pylons posted:

I'm really enjoying what they're going for with Shida too. Having her basically be the one to keep order in her division is a great contrast to the other divisions and reigns, Mox reveling in the glorious chaos, FTR being locker room assholes and refusing to give title shots unless the team they're facing beats them in a non-title match (which is itself a great contrast to Kenny and Hangman who had like, a million title defenses). It all feels really different, and that's super cool.

Aside from the TNT title, champs don't fight a ton on AEW, which is a good thing. It's just that Hangman and Page had a VERY VERY long reign.

They won the belts in international waters.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

i wonder how long that FTR stip will hang around and i hope it doesn't lead to Commissioner Tony shenanigans

also there's no way The Bucks beat them first before taking the belts so i feel like some kind of shakeup is in order

maybe The Bucks take out Tully in a brutal fashion and force a title match if they want revenge

I could see FTR being what ultimately leads to the Inner Circle breakup by offering Jericho and Hager a shot if they beat Santana and Ortiz or vice versa.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

I could see FTR being what ultimately leads to the Inner Circle breakup by offering Jericho and Hager a shot if they beat Santana and Ortiz or vice versa.

:aaa: that would be evil as poo poo, book it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This week's Unrestricted is with Best Friends and Orange Cassidy.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Pylons posted:

This week's Unrestricted is with Best Friends and Orange Cassidy.

this will be a beautiful clusterfuck

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

It's just that Hangman and Page had a VERY VERY long reign.

This erasure of The Cleaner will not stand.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Kenny as a petty bitchy ex-lover every single episode is extremely my poo poo

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hefty Leftist posted:

Kenny as a petty bitchy ex-lover every single episode is extremely my poo poo

He's a catty bitch that lives for drama.

No wonder he lost Ibushi

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I enjoyed this show but I don't like Penta and Fenix in Eddie's stablefamily

I demand Penta and Fenix share the spotlight with no one

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Page/Kenny is a reverse golden lovers arc. The lovers started as rivals but clicked so well that they became partners and had an incredibly deep personal and professional bond. They were a hive mind in the ring from day one. And then they just kind of... Went their own ways for a bit.

Kenny and Page started as friends, if not close ones, and never really meshed personally and had to work hard to get their poo poo together and on the same page in the ring. And now that it's over Kenny just wants to go his own way again but THEY WON'T LET HIM.

The Pic
Nov 23, 2019
I don't know if it's been pointed out already but Isiah Kassidy sold that judas effect perfectly, me and my friend we're LOLing all post match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts

1) Jurassic Express vs FTR. Jurassic Express out and... Bucks out? Superkicking the ref? FTR out in their faux Ribeira jackets. Jungle Boy starts off, so creative and so athletic. For all I have issues with the FTR characters, they are very good wrestlers and their in-ring storytelling is great. That shoulder senton from Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy looks amazing. I've decided I don't mind "Jungle Boy Jack Perry" as a name, it's got a nice big fight feel to it. This is an exciting opener, and I very much enjoy the AEW tactic of starting with a hot match people want to see. Nice casual heeling with Dax grabbing the tights. LOTS of close near falls here. Luchasaurus with a Flying Literally gently caress All into the crowd. And a dirty finish, which is in character for FTR. Enjoyable match that makes FTR look smart and Jurassic Express look lion hearted.

Backstage: Jericho in an AWFUL jacket laid out Matt Hardy. Segment is a bit wooden.

2) Hangman Page vs Frankie Kazarian. Kenny on commentary. Exciting match but Kenny (intentionally) draws focus. God, Page is just so good at the ol' professional wrestling. Kenny is better on commentary than I was fearing, selling the bitterness well. "Frankie Kazarian and Adam Page are getting it on here" means... something else, JR. Somersault escape from a German Suplex is just wonderful. Leaping rope DDT looked great. Frankie Kazarian is a severely underrated singles wrestler. Omega getting a bit rattled on commentary. Awesome endgame in this match. Lots of teased spots. Reversed roll back into the ring into a lariat was great, and a BLISTERING buckshot Lariat. Hangman... is Good. Kenny gets the gently caress out of Dodge. Hangman looks for him. My heart...

Did the commentary sound weird at this point?

Nice little parking lot promo package.

3) MJF vs ??? I like that Snakeman and Pointman hang out together. MJF's opponent for two seconds is Shawn Dean. The cheating and bullying is what we needed from MJF.

Nice tantrum from MJF. I liked that he called Justin "smooth brained". MJF's "ow owww" when he talked about joining a "wolf pack" was pathetic and perfect.

I like Taz breaking down why his good boys are the best boys.

Eddie's boys in the ring. I love how absolutely short term this group is. They just grab some scrubs from the crowd (Buffalo Brothers represent) and murder them. "That was hilarious". Telling Blade "it's time to get your house in order" is great. Natural Nightmares program incoming?

4) Private Party vs Team CHUD. Private Party make sense with a crowd. Marq Quen partying with the crowd is great. Hager is obviously a shithead but he does do enforcer well. That low flipping senton from Isiah is just ridiculous. Jericho is a great bully. Some awkward camera work in this. Holy poo poo, Jericho cut it fine on that kickout. Match gets a bit slow and sluggish in its midpoint. Toney says "desperation silly string". Goddamn, Quen has a beautiful dropkick. Match picks up post commercial. They're selling well the story that Jericho thought this would be a tune up and is fighting for his life. Jericho is good sometimes. Judas effect for the finish, very satisfying match.

5) Ivelisse vs Thunder Rosa. Love Thunder Rosa's ring gear. Hi Shida at ringside. Give me Rosa and Shida vs Las Sicarias please. Match is very slightly awkward to start, but hots up quickly. These two match well and get some very exciting spots. Knee strike as a sleeper counter is excellent. Jesus, Rosa nearly ripped off Ivelisse's leg with that dragon screw. Jeez. I don't know what it would take to get Thunder Rosa under contract, but she is SO loving GOOD. Tombstone for the finish. Really good match. And Diamante steps up. They're setting up the match I want! Shida laying the NWA title on Rosa's shoulder was really good.

Himbo Sabian with Miro and Penelope. Cute mini spot and drat is Miro a bear.

Lance and Jake out for Spooky Promo Time. They're looking for tag partners. Archer and Team Taz is an insane trios combo. Cuboid Taz comes out. Taz is a bit "as you know, Bob" here, but it's all good. Mox comes out, Starks and Cage attack him, and then WILL MOTHERFUCKING HOBBS comes out. This is a crazy segment. Love it.

Cassidy vs Brodie Lee for the TNT title is ridiculous and I love it.

6) Parking Lot Fight, Best Friends vs P&P. Holy poo poo, I love P&P's facepaint. Off to a hot start. Lots of aggression from Trent and Chuck. Holy loving poo poo, Chuck, that car hood senton was insane. Megabyte Ronnie in the crowd. Chuck obliterating Ortiz next to a huge "IT'S NICER HERE" sign is hilarious. They have a door, so this is officially GCW. as far as crazy plundah matches go, this one is superb. Man, they are destroying these vehicles. Running double powerbomb through the windshield. Jesus Christ. Dark Dustin And Greg are amazing but Santana and Ortiz are just monstrous. ORANGE CASSIDY IN THE TRUNK! JESUS! And what the HELL was that move Trent did for the pin? This was amazing. AND THERE'S SUE! The final bird-flip was just perfect.

Good Dynamite. Best Dynamite.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

I Before E posted:

I expected to watch a pretty good Dynamite for my birthday, but I got a fantastic one.

Hell yeah.

September 16 is the best time to have a birthday. That’s why I did it.

Edit: I love people who post a few thoughts that are 500 words. Good stuff and we read all of it

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Sep 17, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pinwiz11 posted:

But you'll skip the first weekend of the G1 if you skip until then!
The wrestling fan's dilemma :negative:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pylons posted:

There were no Kenny, Bucks, Cody, or Mox matches this week. They've done a great job elevating the rest of the roster.

no John Silver either

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Reality Protester posted:

no John Silver either

still has his head in the toilet

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I like Moxley as champion but goddamn I NEED to see Archer vs. Cage in a Godzilla war.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I was kinda tired when the show started so I drifted off a little, wasn't paying full attention for the Hangman Page match though I'm sure it was solid.

Rosa vs. Ivelisse really worked wonders though. Yeah I want Tony Khan to drive a dumptruck of money to Rosa's house because she works so well.

The main event was great fun.

There's a real sense of momentum here, lots of good stories working, the tag division is insanely stacked.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Man, this was just A+ gold throughout the entire show. Easily the best Dynamite of the Covid era and I'd say one of the top three overall.

I mean, the worst part of the show was Jericho/Hager vs Private Party and that was still a quite good match that made Private Party look like a million bucks.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Orange Cassidy and the Best Friends are the hottest act in North American pro wrestling folks and you love to see it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dark Order finished 5th in Worst Gimmick 2019 and they should win Best Gimmick 2020.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we need the second main show so bad

They're doing good slowly injecting storylines and poo poo into dark but having another 60 or 90 minute show with Brodie & The Boys and all the players and storylines we didn't get this week on dynamite would be magical

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

smarxist posted:

we need the second main show so bad

Okay so Brodie and the Dark Order get a large property in Atlanta and bring in talented folks from all across America...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Swole is so cool

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This is probably redundant, but I just wanna say that the Parking Lot Fight was absolutely fantastic and shows that AEW understands wrestling and understands how to cap off a proper blood feud. No technical wrestling, no fancy poo poo, just two teams trying to loving murder each other.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CVagts posted:

I like Moxley as champion but goddamn I NEED to see Archer vs. Cage in a Godzilla war.

we'll probably get the match after Archer fails to complete his end of the deal. Only instead Taz (and by extension Cage) will be mad as hell rather than just trying to win the belt.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

smarxist posted:

it's true, and nobody but an idiot would think that they're not an integral part of AEW, but at some point wrestlers want to get that bump of prestige and have reigns on their legacy

i get that but also at the same time, in 2020, the raw and smackdown tag team titles have no prestige at all attached to them anymore, im hoping that just being on TV and being allowed to do creative poo poo is enough for them to bide their time in the most stacked tag division maybe ever

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

karmicknight posted:

we'll probably get the match after Archer fails to complete his end of the deal. Only instead Taz (and by extension Cage) will be mad as hell rather than just trying to win the belt.

Nevermind that they seem to possibly be setting up a match between hobbs and cage and thats just a kaiju battle that should be in a miniature city set

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Forgot to mention this, but I wanna point out that Santana & Ortiz have been an integral part of many if not most of the highest-profile angles in AEW and have always been portrayed as being a legit threat to whoever they're facing. So the idea that they're treated poorly just because they're not in the title picture is a bit much, I'd say.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i can't think of too many promotions that have as many concurrent ACTIVELY progressing storylines for as many different tag teams as AEW does.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Croc posted:

Nevermind that they seem to possibly be setting up a match between hobbs and cage and thats just a kaiju battle that should be in a miniature city set

Ahem,

Battel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Waffleopolis posted:

I miss PAC.....can't we just smuggle him into the country in like crate or something?

Didn’t work so great last time they tried this with him.