Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Forgot to mention this, but I wanna point out that Santana & Ortiz have been an integral part of many if not most of the highest-profile angles in AEW and have always been portrayed as being a legit threat to whoever they're facing. So the idea that they're treated poorly just because they're not in the title picture is a bit much, I'd say.

You (and others who have mentioned it) are absolutely correct. However as a fan, you LOVE to see the guys you love with the gold. It feels like the payoff to every story/angle that came before to lay your hands on big plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CobiWann posted:

You (and others who have mentioned it) are absolutely correct. However as a fan, you LOVE to see the guys you love with the gold. It feels like the payoff to every story/angle that came before to lay your hands on big plat.

yeah, i know PnP are a huge part of AEW, i just want to see them have a title run real bad because it'd be awesome

maybe they're happy just having ridiculous matches with guys they used to wrestle in bars with on national TV tho, cuz i'm sure pretty much everyone is having the time of their lives right now as this venture takes off

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just finished Dynamite. The parking lot fight is everything I love about American wrestling.

ORANGE CASSIDY IN THE TRUNK :stwoon:

SUE TAKING HER BOYS HOME :neckbeard:

SUE FLIPPING THE BIRD :vince:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I love when AEW’s booking is “let’s take something from WCW that started out cool and got hosed up badly, but not gently caress it up badly”

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My kid watched the parking lot brawl before school. He did in fact love it, particular OC popping out of the trunk. Gotta be one of my favorite matches.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Gotta say that OC popping out and turning the tables was just an absolutely magical moment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope everyone's ready for Will Hobbs to join Team Taz next week

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

I am blaming exclusively you if this happens.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Taz was talking him up pretty much immediately so i definitely wouldn't be surprised

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Can one faction handle that much BEEF?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

I miss PAC.....can't we just smuggle him into the country in like crate or something?

Now I can't help but forever see PAC as the evil monkey creature from the Creepshow segment The Crate.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
When Eddie let that "third point" line hang in the air, I was really expecting PAC as the third point of Death Triangle. The only disappointment of the night for me.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

smarxist posted:

yeah, i know PnP are a huge part of AEW, i just want to see them have a title run real bad because it'd be awesome

maybe they're happy just having ridiculous matches with guys they used to wrestle in bars with on national TV tho, cuz i'm sure pretty much everyone is having the time of their lives right now as this venture takes off

Santana and Ortiz already turned down what they described as a generous offer from WWE because they're both family men and AEW lets them be home with their kids a lot. WWE won't do that because they're a cult that demands their roster's entire lives.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Gotta say that OC popping out and turning the tables was just an absolutely magical moment.

It also made total sense because they've attacked him numerous times in the past and he settled the score in a major way. God what a tremendous fight that was.

CombineThresher fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 17, 2020

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Everything is important. Everything matters. Nothing is ever simply a throwaway segment. I love this loving company.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

I really love that even after becoming a breakout star OC is still there to play backup for his friends' big thing :3:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

One thing having a million factions and trios does is it makes interference/backup make a lot more sense. The heels and faces aren’t all friends with each other based on alignment alone. Friends help friends and heels can dislike other heels and everything just feels so natural and logical its like being in a bizzaro world where wrestling is cool and fun.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Can one faction handle that much BEEF?

Team Taz is just an insecure short guy surrounding himself with big dudes that he can order around

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I don’t watch AEW dark, so the biggest surprise on this episode was the segment that implied Ricky Starkes has a finisher.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
AEW

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Parking lot fight may have been one of the best AEW matches yet. Great stuff, huge emotional highs and lows, and the Orange Cassidy and Sue reveals both loving ruled.

Great show overall. I freaking love Shida coming to Thunder Rosa's aid and the show of respect handing back the belt.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Team Taz is just an insecure short guy surrounding himself with big dudes that he can order around

*taz standing on hobbs and cages shoulders with wardlow and archer gripping his arms* AND I'LL FORM DA HEAD

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

CombineThresher posted:

It also made total sense because they've attacked him numerous times in the past and he settled the score in a major way. God what a tremendous fight that was.

This is where it all began.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDMACXewME

It began with an open door, and it ends with an open trunk.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

I really love that even after becoming a breakout star OC is still there to play backup for his friends' big thing :3:

They're not best friends for nothing.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

enigmahfc posted:

This is where it all began.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDMACXewME

It began with an open door, and it ends with an open trunk.

I forgot about this, because at the time it was just a tiny comedy spot.

Turns out they were right to fear him this whole time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

And his twink boytoy

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Forgot to mention this, but I wanna point out that Santana & Ortiz have been an integral part of many if not most of the highest-profile angles in AEW and have always been portrayed as being a legit threat to whoever they're facing. So the idea that they're treated poorly just because they're not in the title picture is a bit much, I'd say.

The idea is dumb as hell because they were literally in the Main Event of the show less than 12 hours ago.

Buncha brain poisoned goofs keep trying to rush through 3 years of storylines in 6 months.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

smarxist posted:

*taz standing on hobbs and cages shoulders with wardlow and archer gripping his arms* AND I'LL FORM DA HEAD

Someone draw TAZTRON, please and thank you.

The Pic
Nov 23, 2019
bork lesnar for team taz

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

smikey posted:

Trunks have a safety-release inside them that glows in the dark

While that's true, what makes Chuck mashing the key work is that OC doesn't know what's happening and this is Chuck telling him the time is right to do his thing.

"Orange Cassidy, I choose you!"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Waffleopolis posted:

I miss PAC.....can't we just smuggle him into the country in like crate or something?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Someone draw TAZTRON, please and thank you.

Please! I'm too busy trying to draw Luther as a Mega Man boss, Point Man, and having a hard time because I have to stare at pictures of Luther!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

What worked for me was that at almost every point of the show the thing that happened was the answer to the question "you know what would be good?"

Bucks just superkicked a ref. Know what would be good? If they just threw the fine money at Tony Khan.

Omega is on commentary for Page vs Kazarian. Know what would be good? If he got up and left while Page was celebrating and then Page looked for him.

Ivelisse is fighting Thunder Rosa with Diamante at ringside and Shida in the audience. Know what would be good? If we had a tag match between them next week.

Cage and Starks are beating down Moxley. Know what would be good? Will loving Hobbs coming out to even the odds.

This parking lot fight is awesome. Know what would be good? If Orange Cassidy was hiding in the trunk of a car.

Best Friends won! Know what would be good? If Sue pulled up in a new minivan and flipped Proud and Powerful the bird.

It all worked, it all made sense. It was all good.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Alaois posted:

there are bridges in jacksonville, right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYwcAEo9IE

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

PROCLICK

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Listened to AEW Unrestricted this morning

The Best Friends are funny, imo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Listened to AEW Unrestricted this morning

The Best Friends are funny, imo

The show they had on Highspots was loving great

The Teddy Hart episode is extremely :catstare:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The show they had on Highspots was loving great

The Teddy Hart episode is extremely :catstare:

Every single person in the room looked legitimately uncomfortable during that episode.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Team Taz is just an insecure short guy surrounding himself with big dudes that he can order around do body guy stuff with

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Every single person in the room looked legitimately uncomfortable during that episode.

Chuck has said that he didn't want to interview Teddy but felt obligated since Teddy was crashing with a guy they actually wanted to interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Waffleopolis posted:

fwiw on Tony's post show stream someone asked him about Pac and Tony said he's been hearing the higher-ups talking about him a lot lately and he took that as a sign that Pac could be back soon.