Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hopin for another 7 figure delight tomorrow afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

How does it not? It’s built upon the ppv and after ppv show, which was good.

ratings can be weird and fickle sometimes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wonder if the bonus episode next week is a trial run for the second weekly show, i also wonder if they premiere the new show after the NBA finals

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

Tony on the post show saying Veda will likely be on AEW dark for now, not in ring.

I mean at least it means she’s maybe gonna stay on Dark.

has she indicated if she would prefer to wrestle or not

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think foley doesn't really care about company vs company and just wants to see young wrestlers doin well

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol if that's an official promo still

AEW knows their audience better than WWE could ever hope to

they understand that You've Got To Give The People What They Want

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kirios posted:

I know Marko kind of sucks but I don't know why people say Jungle Boy is being anchored down by Luchasaurus. He's got top babyface of the company potential, sure, but right now is a fantastic spot for him. He's in a super over team and he's able to learn the ropes in a top tier promotion. They shouldn't look to break up those two anytime soon. He could really use a couple of more years of seasoning in this group and to build up his promo ability.

people are conditioned by wwe's ability to gently caress up a young promising star's potential reeeeeallly quickly so there's probably lots of subconscious "separate them before it's too late and they get typecast" fear set in. jungle boy is still really young. remember guys it took 7 years before Buff became The Stuff.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i can't think of too many promotions that have as many concurrent ACTIVELY progressing storylines for as many different tag teams as AEW does.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

Is that the shortest five star match ever?

katsuyori shibata vs tomohiro ishii from the 2013 G-1 Climax was shorter

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think this is the first 5er for a weekly televised match though since uh.....undisputed era vs moustache mountain

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody and dustin were referred to as the blood brothers on commentary during the first Fight For The Fallen

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

She has to have gotten countless second chances at this point (hell AEW was her second chance imo) if she actually is the narcissist every action she's ever taken indicates then a stern talking to isn't gonna do poo poo. She needs serious and long term professional mental healthcare and given her stated attitudes on that front I'm not holding my breath.

whatever you say doc

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

She's going to ROH?

worse.

mlw.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

MLW isn't real, 2401

how cryptic..

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

What wrestler would be good with Death Grips?

shoko nakajima

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think hangman would be better served feuding with inner circle than dark order personally

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

If Tony signed every single person who shows up on Dark and looks good AEW would go under in 6 months. AEW's not the only decent wrestling promotion.

it's the only decent one with national tv.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my expectation is they probably do Blood and Guts sometime in the fall for Dark Order vs Nightmare Family, maybe at Full Gear and he's part of the nightmare family's team after QT is taken out. also stop worrying about "slots", this isn't super smash bros speculation. They can have as many people as they can afford and i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the more recent signings are on pay-per-appearance non exclusive deals to play nice with other smaller companies. This is a company with a profitable TV deal and a billionaire's budget behind it. It's fine.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we're nearing 52 episodes of dynamite and i can think of exactly one episode where i walked away thinking "what the hell was that" (dark order beatdown at the end of 2019) and even then they were able to pivot it into something that made sense

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you think its slow now wait til we get to the fourth quarter where four minutes can turn into twenty

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

oh my god its still the second quarter lmfao, this poo poo won't be on until 11:30

FITE should just run the god damned tape

gently caress stupid fake fixed sports like basketball, i want to watch real athletes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh but seriously I posted:

I like them conceptually but physically, they look cheap. I'd have the ramps protruding through a gigantic metal "AEW" so that heels emerge from under the arch of the "A" and faces appear from the a crook of the "W"

this is just giving me bad memories of the 1999 wcw logo stage

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

What is the cat's name? It has socks! :neckbeard:

ruta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hearin taz drop a rocketbustah line popped me big time