Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AEW is true god tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

First off, please do a Dead Presidents streaming party. It will be wrestling related. Thank you. It rules.

Secondly, I would not be surprised if Ben Carter was signed or is with AEW for the foreseeable future. Supposedly, he won over everybody backstage with his match with Starks and he’s wanted now if not already has an offer ready to go.

That’s why he has the Tuesday match against Sky and is featured with every other signed talent.

I would put money, probably $1 because we are in a pandemic, that Ben’s with AEW and that rocks. Dude’s twitter got some updates to it too that just look a little more “professional”. I got this feeling and my feelings are usually right 25% of the time!

That’s really, really good odds my friends.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dacap posted:

I think Video Games do a lot of the work of me remembering people’s finishers.

Weird though that I’m not certain what Jungle Boy’s is, but I know Luchasaurus has that fireman’s carry slam he does.

Stark’s finisher is cool, kind of a sit-out dominator? I like the touch of a different setup for different sized opponents.

Fenix has an insane finisher that doesn’t get used enough because he’s mostly in tags.

This is me. I learned all the finishers through video games. Like, all of them. A video game will help AEW tremendously in this facet as you’ll be able to see the entire roster too!

Also, I am rewatching Dynamite in the background while I work and I gotta say I never noticed the SHINE on the “new” tag team belts. They look insanely good.

Just re-do the women’s belt and we are set.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You also want to save Thunder Rosa from making like, $15K a year. Sign her for anything she wants and hell, let her work her insane schedule if she wants that.

But she deserves a huge payday and she deserves spotlight. Indie wrestling is great. It needs its shine. But Thunder Rosa is TV READY and a Star. She needs to be treated as such.

And she needs to add major leverage to AEW women’s division, which doesn’t get nearly enough credit.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WWE just celebrated their win in the ratings.

“We are very proud we took over 600,000 tuning out of watching AEW. This is why we exist and we are thrilled for our talent who are working hard to help AEW not gain viewers.

We will continue to put on stuff and wrestling and whatever and stuff so we can just make sure AEW doesn’t grow.

We consider what we did last night a win. We will be sending talent to Tucker Carlson as well to ensure AEW does not grow.

Thank you and Hail Satan, lord of darkness”

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Is this Ivelisse being Ivelisse?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Real talk, come on AEW. You know exactly what you’re getting out of Ivelisse. She should have never been here in the first place.

Rosa 4 life.

Where’s Diamanté in all this?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

blunt posted:

As a prize they're gracing us with a tag-team street fight

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1306635440158584834

loving lol. No comment.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So, next week is live?

Yeah...stuff like this scares me. Unless Rosa truly has NO RESERVATIONS about this at all, I would say this is not good.

If I’m AEW, I’m doing everything in my power to:

A) Keep Thunder Rosa happy because we need to get her on contract as soon as we can.
B) Keep the very few women in their division happy as they can. You won’t sign any additional talent if the women’s locker room is toxic or not bonded or with underlying issues.
C) See A again because her as a leader is a major positive in a division that gets ripped apart by the internet fans and trolls.

This is twice I would say AEW did a very poor job of vetting a women’s division talent and as a start-up, they have to do better scouting here if they want big names to look at them seriously.

You hosed up with Bea and it made an impact.
You hosed up with Ivelisse and hopefully it gets handled correctly so again, talent know they’re safe and included here and future talent AEW as a desirable place to work as a woman wrestler.

I am optimistic everything will be OK, but there’s the realism too that hey, this poo poo could backfire, especially moving forward with the match if it hasn’t been recorded already.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rarity posted:

They probably figured they should pay off the things they've set up and then they can ditch Ivie once the program's done

I get it. Is Ivie OK with this?

That’s the part that really concerns me. I don’t care what AEW wants. What if noted problem child Ivelisse wants to sabotage the match live on TV?

gently caress that.

Again, not saying that’ll happen and I would say it probably won’t, but it’s walking a tightrope.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Good play. Is there a stunt double? There must be one. Let’s do that.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

This wasn't exactly a program they invested into though? Like they could have easily turned this into a Diamante vs Thunder Rosa match or something instead if they didn't like Ivelisse. The rumor mill stuff just kinda skeeves me out. We aren't there, we don't know what happened, presumably the people who are there have a better handle on it than random people on the internet. That isn't even getting into the fact that wrestling straddles the line of what they work and what they don't, and I don't exactly associate the people who report on it with high quality journalistic standards of excellence.

Word. I hear ya. I’ve watched a lot of Ivelisse matches and when she isn’t going to win or feel like she isn’t getting the praise she feels she deserves, she changes her entire wrestling style. She goes stiff. She no-sells. She does the poo poo she did yesterday. Even watching it from the start, you could tell she wasn’t in it at all. She’s full drama and always has been. She just reverted back to that garbage she has done many times over.

Super talented when she wants to be. Super awful when she wants to send a message. I truly feel that’s the deal.

Nonetheless, I hear ya on some points for sure!

Also, this just dropped on Twitter. Literally just now:

https://twitter.com/aewrestling/status/1306699860226322433?s=21

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

Rosa retweeted this, FWIW.

She’s a true professional.

Well, here’s hoping next week rocks!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Owns

https://twitter.com/jrockamongus/status/1306705724194664448?s=21

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

Where is the goddamn "Megabyte Ronnie is All Elite" twitter post, Tony?

He isn’t on Dark this week because they want to protect his record. He is clearly signed and his world championship run starts soon.

He is too powerful and strong and he is ready to take over the world.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

loving Ivelisse lol. She is so so so so bad.

Drop her immediately. AEW, go watch Mission Pro Wrestling’s show from last night and ask any of them to come in instead. Literally any of them.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Friends. FRIENDS. FRIENDS!! I am speculating! Here I go!!!!!

https://twitter.com/megabyteronnie/status/1308080052236685317?s=21

^ See this? This happened. That’s really cool right? Hey why would he get a photo shoot here like this?

Oh hey, see below:

https://twitter.com/serenadeeb/status/1308066101864083459?s=21

And she was just signed and so she needed new pics done...

Oh...OH MY?!?

Could my new best friend MEGABYTE RONNIE be getting some love from AEW?!? IS THIS HAPPENING?!?!?

(Obviously this might be reaching but I am starting to think something really cool may be happening between AEW and Ron Megabytes!!!!)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ahhh, appreciate the replies above. Ok good to know!

And now, you’re right—WWE gonna sign him to a 5 year deal in catering. He may go for that...poo poo.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/findevan/status/1308094087321485313?s=21

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This makes me very happy to see this. This is what happens when you actually value your viewers and fans.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Get him on Dark, C. Tony:

https://twitter.com/kill4nova/status/1308589081568346113?s=21

It’s cool to see very talented indie wrestlers taking notice and saying: “I want to be here instead of chasing the WWE dream.”

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

By the way:

Ben Carter was trending tonight. Matter of fact, he was out trending Dynamite itself.

https://twitter.com/wartimesaewnxt/status/1308634609861693440?s=21

I’ll go hard in the paint and do something stupid: If Carter is somehow picked up by WWE instead of AEW over the next month, I will never post here again.

He is the future. Literally he is owning Twitter right now in tons of people I follow.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

If I were Tony I'd have him locked down before letting that match air. Seth trained him (or at least he trained at Seth's school) so it's not out of the question at all that he'd sign with WWE. I wouldn't be surprised to wake up tomorrow morning to the graphic.

I feel 100% he was locked up and they just don’t want to crank out a bunch of is All Elite messages after doing two big ones for Serena and Hobbs. I’m sure they’re being strategic here.

But yeah, it would be the absolutely stupidest thing if Tony sent his talent skill set out there without a contract on national television like that.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1308637353376792576?s=21

Like no poo poo, he is a talent that will get viewers to stick around. He moves like nobody else on the roster (closest is Darby). Carter could fill that “homegrown” superstar talent too that I know fans are always looking for.

No. Brainer. Signing. Even if you run out of money, you find it and sign this man.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

AJ Gray did say that Hobbs has been signed for a couple weeks now but he wasn't able to say anything.

Good to know stuff like that as the truth. I can’t stop beating this drum but seriously, I had my jaw on the floor with Carter tonight and last week.

He’s like a new version of Ospreay and with more seasoning, his skills can and should surpass him. I’m foaming at the mouth to see more of this guy.

His followers are skyrocketing right now. I’m reading his trends right now and it’s a ton of “who the hell is this guy and how did I not know about him?” kind of stuff.

The talent in AEW now is nothing to be messed with. 1 year...and they did NOT regress. The promise is there and each week I’m convinced they really are here to stay. While they are to me “at budget” for talent signed, like anybody, you pick up the can’t miss talent. You make the sacrifice. Carter is worth it.

No ex-WWE dude that people know what to expect. He’s a guy you want to see more of because you don’t know what he truly is capable of and the mystery keeps you locked in. I truly feel talent like him (and of course, plenty others on the roster but Carter especially) brings in NEW FANS.

I am beyond locked in!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Things I’m excited for tonight:

1) AEW Dynamite is on. So I have to tune in.
2) What if Retribution shows up? That means I have to watch Dynamite to see if they do!
3) Miro’s new gear. Genuinely, I want to see it. I haven’t seen him wrestle since his debut as Rusev when he didn’t wear boots.
4) The 6-man tag because Ricky Starks is my best friend. He is very supple, not a filibuster and he is my friend, not yours, mines.
5) Just continued progression of all the storylines. I’m super invested right now and I feel AEW has been making strong moves with their talent.

And Thunder Rosa. She rules. She can be my 6th reason to tune in tonight.

I’m really enjoying this show and I’m going to help them in the Nielsen ratings because Tony is nice.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am officially 6 to midnight because it has to be Starks I would think.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Change my post above. It might be Eddie Kingston. He has a good point.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So i wonder if we get Starks and Cage versus Hobbs and Darby.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I can’t believe Lance Archer just straight up admitted he got the covid...

I didn’t think wrestlers were allowed to do that*. I thought the muzzle was on for any wrestler saying that!

*only one promotion silences their independent contractors on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

People are just foaming at the mouth to do a gotcha on AEW if somebody has the Covid. Love to see it.

I get why he had to delete that.