Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

xbilkis posted:

Kenny as a messy bitch who loves drama is the first time I've really felt like he's nailing his character work. I was calling for a big blowoff moment for that storyline before and after All Out, but I love that direction for him so I'm at peace with them continuing a slow burn

yeah him getting really frustrated at hangman proving he doesnt need anyone is great. someone in the thread said he sounded like he was at 1.3x podcast speed and like, that absolutely made kenny feel like he was like, bursting w anxiety at having to be in the same room as hangman and call his match lol. it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

smarxist posted:

you wanna talk about people that may get the idea to jump to WWE, PnP could be the most likely if they don't start becoming a serious contender for the gold and on track to hold the titles in the next year or so, they've put in like a dozen incredible performances in marquee matches/events and haven't even had a title shot yet, it's kinda getting ridiculous tbqh

agreed, im really hoping that this jericho/hager thing is going to be used to explode the inner circle and elevate santana and ortiz to main eventers bc they absolutely deserve it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Tweak posted:

good rear end episode of dynamite god drat

yea for real. if i were to point at a lull, maybe the jericho/private party match but it was still good, just not really captivating

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The show they had on Highspots was loving great

The Teddy Hart episode is extremely :catstare:

the teddy hart ep reminds me of being at a dinner party at the home of the scariest dude ive ever known. its a unique feeling lol.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

smarxist posted:

yeah that spot was such a "the gently caress?" moment, i dunno if she was gassed or frustrated or what but uhh stay in the match lady

meanwhile Rosa is like a photo negative in that regard because she is ALWAYS doing EVERY little characterization thing

thunder rosa makes wrestling feel real, it elevates her opponents. nwa white powerrrr is a crappy little rinky-dink show that looks like its beating itself up before anyone can make fun of it and itd be great if thunder rosa gets outta there, it was great for ricky starks.

Lone Goat posted:

You can do that with any signature move and also it means that every other near fall has meaning since "oh it wasn't the finisher so it won't be a finish" doesn't happen any more.

Like look at Best Friends they have won matches with multiple different moves (strong zero, awful waffle, a piledriver, prob something else I'm forgetting) and they've been fine. Match Ain't Gonna End Until Stunner is just bad storytelling because it makes every non-stunner part of the match irrelevant.

def. strong zero is like their ultra finisher that they break out on a team that they need to bust out a lil extra on. i like the "not waiting for the stunner" structure a lot bc it makes matches more unpredictable, just gotta make sure to establish which move is someones like, big last-ditch this is it for sure move is whenever they get a push

shiksa fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 17, 2020

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Trent’s answer to the kayfabe question ruled. “It’s not real”

That interview in general was fantastic. Dustin has a wicked future as a commentator whenever he wants to stop wrestling.

dustin was basically excaliburs regular commentary partner in pwg when he wasnt, yknow, wrestling in a match. even then lol. but yea he'd be absolutely excellent at it, i hope everyone falls in love w chuck taylor

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

megabyte Ronnie explaining the tactical logic behind the hot dog elbow drop moves him from greatest wrestling character of all time to greatest character in the western canon

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

*ivelisse looking around* nice glass house here, would be a shame if someone threw a rock

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

it was easily the weakest of rosa's matches in aew, rosa's just really good and they were able to edit it into something good. that one shot of ivalisse with a total stone face made an impression tho lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

smarxist posted:

Just based on her history of This Bullshit, i'd scuttle ivlisse from the booking board and boot her from the company ASAP, because who needs this nonsense, especially when there are a lot of promising young women coming up hungry for more time in the ring with pros like Shida/Nyla/Thunder Rosa

edit: The fact that Thunder Rosa is as refined/fluid/amazing as she is with 6 years experience, like god drat, she's on track to be a GOAT

yeah i mean "two sides to every story" blah blah blah ivalisse has a long history of being a pain to work with, everyone seems to like rosa a lot, it seems like a pretty clear call.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

xbilkis posted:

I liked it better than the Deeb match :shrug:

I have no choice but to conclude that every match would be improved if an excellent wrestler was going up against a talented but ornery wrestler throwing a mild fit

thats fair, i think the deeb match was just so outta nowhere it left such a strong impression.

dont get me wrong i am very very interested on seeing rosa/shida v ivalisse/diamante for this exact reason lmao just like... i wouldnt make ivalisse a mainstay lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqGLfosRhGY

(probably eddie's group?)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Eddie and Penta start tagging as “Best Friends”

amigos primos

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

smarxist posted:

Oh god

it's... it's just a live action anime isn't it oh... oh GOD

wrestling has always been live action anime

and its good

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i fuckin hate that like the best wrestling promo clips that we all still talk about are set to fuckin creed and limp bizkit

the early 00s.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Who cares, what makes the clip worse because it is set to Limp Bizkit than the Adagio in G Minor?

The best wrestling promo clip was the build to the Benoit/Sabu/Cactus Jack series with Heyman cutting promos in the middle of them. It's set to Killing Joke's Millennium, is that good enough for you?

no need to get aggro bc i have bad memories associated w numetal man

i loved the aew is anime intro does it look like im advocating for higher class poo poo

shiksa fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 20, 2020

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Procrastinator posted:

yeah it definitely goes both ways. my southern ontario cousin was an all-in sabres fan.

if i saw dominik hasek playing across the border in the 90s i woulda ditched the leafs too

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

I remember them using U2's Beautiful Day for HHH's return lol

and then someone like, Kurt Angle or some jobber was going around in a segment saying "why yall so excited!? this man is a monster who is gonna go back to loving killing us all again when he gets here" and I thought that was a rare moment of self-awareness. Why make this inspirational comeback vid for a guy who was shown in the music video package as brutally high-kneeing dudes and hitting them with loving sledgehammers!? It was amazing.

haha HHH's comeback was so weird it was a huge fuckin hero moment for this guy who was the most vile piece of poo poo on the show and won every week lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

My real point in all of this is we shouldn't reject the videos because of the songs, but because they were produced by WWE and I find it hard to believe that company put out anything good.

a million mcmahons with a million video packages will eventually produce the x-7 main event video package

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’m imagining a just world where HHH never married Stephanie so they just occasionally bring him in for kick off shows and he starts a supplement company with the nazi cross logo

what's paul levesque doing in the impact zone?? has he joined the voodoo kin mafia??

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Better Than You posted:

Lotta WWE posts in an AEW thread 🤔

is aew dying???

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

But even so, the defining moment for that era of the Sabres was Brett Hull's foot in the crease. That's a huge downer.

but thats the law of buffalo sports

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i hope aew doesnt bother bringing back red death panties, his timing is atrocious, his look is boring as poo poo, and he's stuck in "reacting to goldust in the 90s" mode with sonny. chaff.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

whoopsie!!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

ben carter was fantastic last night. sydal looked really good but i dont really get having him lose to spears straight away tbh.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Matt Sydal does not have a long term agreement with AEW, so like Jeff Cobb before him he gets to look cool and lose.

oh gotcha. i had kinda assumed otherwise w him being on bte and getting booked on dynamite shortly after, that makes sense tho. he did look cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

thoughts out to lance, i hope he and his family recover quickly. hell yeah to mox v kingston, i cannot wait for eddie to get a mic in his hand tonight, also does this mean i dont have to see darby allin tonight? :D