Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dunno about best episode ever or best episode of the year even, but that's up there as the best of the covid era, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JOHN CENA posted:

i wonder if the bonus episode next week is a trial run for the second weekly show, i also wonder if they premiere the new show after the NBA finals

So, they didn't know whether Dynamite would be on Wednesday or Thursday this week. They taped a one-hour special planning to air it tonight after the NBA and air Dynamite at 8 PM tomorrow if need be. Dynamite was able to air in its normal slot, so the special they taped for tomorrow goes to Tuesday instead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mick :love:

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1306419383242240001

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Will "Calvin &" Hobbs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

you wanna talk about people that may get the idea to jump to WWE, PnP could be the most likely if they don't start becoming a serious contender for the gold and on track to hold the titles in the next year or so, they've put in like a dozen incredible performances in marquee matches/events and haven't even had a title shot yet, it's kinda getting ridiculous tbqh

The belts aren't real, fam.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waffleopolis posted:

I miss PAC.....can't we just smuggle him into the country in like crate or something?

The issue is less getting him into the country and more where is he gonna go after the taping?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Me last night: "Okay, Ivelisse is an idiot, but she's having a decent little run here in AEW so far and she's helping the division at a time when it's kind of struggling. I really dislike some of the things she's said and done, but maybe she's turned a corner here and can get along with this locker room."
Me right now: "lol"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

Man Ivelisse was so uncooperative and terrible. She made the match go so off the rails that multiple people in this forum nominated it as HM. I sure hope nothing like that happens again next week. What a disaster.

Apparently it was saved in editing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

I highly doubt that prior to editing it was some inoki/great antonio disaster like people are pearl clutching about

Okay.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Davros1 posted:

If I'm not mistaken, Thunder Rosa's finisher is she get them in position for a tombstone, then pulls their head over her hip, and drops into a neckbreaker. (Kind of like a reverse Air Raid Siren/Finlay's Celtic Cross). You could see Rosa trying to get Ivelisse into that position, but instead had to do a tombstone.

It looked extremely weird, I thought maybe Rosa wasn't confident she could hold her up so she just did the tombstone rather than risk dropping her, but it seems like Ivelisse was refusing to get into position for the Thunder Driver.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I wish Tony would stop tweeting about the demo if he’s going to tweet only about the “male” demo it looks weird.

No it doesn't.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

It does and at this point competing with NXT on any level is a waste of time. They should aim for beating RAW, they might be already I have no idea if they aren't now they'll be beating them soon. NXT is irrelevant to wrestling it's a parking lot for contracts.

They aren't aiming for "beating" anybody, nor should they be.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is forecasting out multiple years, but I'm curious.

If AEW keeps its ratings consistent, as in, it's in the top 5-10 for cable most week, sometimes they pull a really good 18-34, etc., do they get a significant raise when their deal is up?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Yeah, if the pandemic wasn't a thing and the guaranteed money wasn't what was keeping them afloat I'd be feeling a little fleeced if I was Tony.

Eh, the deal gave an immediate increase to their budget, which let them sign some people and it's made the relationship with Warner stronger.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
We should get Dark on Tuesday as normal. Remember, the one-hour special was originally gonna air on Wednesday this week, but they were able to do Dynamite in its regular slot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Santana_Proud/status/1306633562502897664

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That Ivellise match was dogshit, I watched it before I read the thread and it was so obvious how off it was.

I mean LOOK at this poo poo
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/iv3sbc/something_was_seriously_wrong_in_this_match/

Fair play to Thunder Rosa for getting anything out of it

But bro, look at all the HMs it got! :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1308872592569360387

This company is so loving great at taking a negative and turning it into a positive.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ganso Bomb posted:

loving hell yes

Edit: Also, is there a tiny AEW Title Match curse? Mox/Cage got thrown all out of whack due to COVID and now Mox/Lance. Or maybe the curse is on Mox? Did Minoru Suzuki curse him for using the Gotch-Style Piledriver?! :ohdear:

Moxley caught MRSA before All Out, couldn't do KOPW because of a typhoon and had to vacate the US title and now has had both his wife and an opponent catch covid. He is cursed, full stop and it doesn't loving matter because he's the greatest wrestler on the planet and it won't stop him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dacap posted:

I like how nobody acknowledged how funny it is that Lance Archer’s dog is a dachshund