Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

you can actually read most of the fine print on the pedestal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Don't you dare eat that flag, Donald!!!

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Tump is dumping the Republican coffers directly into his greasy clown pants, leaving none for little old ladybug farmer Lindsey graham, Lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

my dad served USD 259 (for over 40 years and even won awards for best Teacher in the state and was sick with a chronic disease (Crohn's) the entire time...) and it wasn't until obama-care that he actually got health insurance for a "pre-existing condition". My parents had to buy supplemental insurance for decades and still left us poor as poo poo to help cover his costs for a disease that just appears and no one knows why.

Dad died of cancer in his duodenum from Crohn's complications and left a bit for us to handle in bills even with the supplemental insurance.

I had planned to go into teaching following my dad and mother (40 years teaching 2nd and 3rd graders in the same school), but instead of elementary school I was going to teach science at a highschool AP level. I hoped.

Then I found out I would not be able to get a pension anymore, or good insurance, or decent pay. So I went private as an electrical engineer.

gently caress US healthcare and gently caress the US education system. They want to make sure that only the rich survive.

I don't even know what USD stands for in this case, but it was the public school system in Kansas. 259 was the district.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 25, 2020

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

"For a one-time pledge of only $50, you'll get this button, this stylish hat, and this lovely tote bag so you can let all of America know you are officially one of Lady G's Lil' Ladybugs!"

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

A bronze draggin spewing fascist breath weapon

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1309224601059295233
lol

Wendigee posted:

my dad served USD 259 (for over 40 years and even won awards for best Teacher in the state and was sick with a chronic disease (Crohn's) the entire time...) and it wasn't until obama-care that he actually got health insurance for a "pre-existing condition". My parents had to buy supplemental insurance for decades and still left us poor as poo poo to help cover his costs for a disease that just appears and no one knows why.

Dad died of cancer in his duodenum from Crohn's complications and left a bit for us to handle in bills even with the supplemental insurance.

I had planned to go into teaching following my dad and mother (40 years teaching 2nd and 3rd graders in the same school), but instead of elementary school I was going to teach science at a highschool AP level. I hoped.

Then I found out I would not be able to get a pension anymore, or good insurance, or decent pay. So I went private as an electrical engineer.

gently caress US healthcare and gently caress the US education system. They want to make sure that only the rich survive.

I don't even know what USD stands for in this case, but it was the public school system in Kansas. 259 was the district.

i mean.. unified school district... i'm guessing this is wichita

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

it is. Guess how many qualified teachers they get these days after removing all the benefits and paying 35k a year?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Wendigee posted:

:glomp:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Strong Sauce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID-DEJryG8M

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Irony is that Kansas City and Wichita both support increased pay for teachers and public workers. The two largest cities in the entire state by far. We are the easternmost districts in Kansas. The other 4/5ths are redneck assholes who live rural and don't give a poo poo as long as their son can carry on the farm and get someone pregnant.

My mom's dad was a farmer but he was a super smart man and not only got all his kids to college but was the first one in the county to start irrigation. He wanted to be a lawyer but his dad could only afford to send the first son to law school so Grandad got the farm.

I've never heard that song before but here is one I enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

https://americansongwriter.com/the-white-stripes-seven-nation-army/
It wasn't really about Wichita at all and it wasn't super popular here but it was very weird to hear our city mentioned in a country wide hit.

Our college mascot is The Wheat Shocker..... because the college kids would use their summer months historically to go back home and harvest the wheat.

Despite the bullshit health insurance my parents took out loans for me and my twin brother and my older sister and got us all through college.

They are the best of Kansas and good people. We are not all bad.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 25, 2020

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/baileyiriss/status/1308999895945183232

lol america

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Evidence of what a tremendous windbag he is, from the standpoint of :gas:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

LabyaMynora posted:

Biden won’t win PA by 75%, if he wins it at all it will be a squeaker, max 52%-48%.

However, if shits as cut and dried as 340 EVs and SCOTUS overturns that, there will be blood in the streets and ain’t nobody knows how that poo poo plays out. Probably not good no matter which way it goes.

I wouldn’t want to be a Republican in DC that day, that’s all I’ll say about that.

I want see them kiss. :allears:

Yea I just used PA as an example as its the state where the Gov was "yea sure I'll override the votes of the people to apease you lord emperor trump".

And yea, Trump steals the election without a mandate of a clear EC victory, poo poo will get bad. The early protests over George Lloyd that burned down poo poo would be nothing compared to what would happen. If poo poo gets that bad, we will see what the Military is thinking because Trump would want to send them into the gun down protesters. Oh boy Trump can be the president who had the most Americans die both through inaction and direct action. Though we know through Qanon that mass arrests and executions would be something a lot of people were into.

Also, gently caress anyone who says "just trolling" about Turmp and other shithead internet nazis. This is exactly why where in this poo poo. Gamergate came out and people were saying all this poo poo and and others were all "oh they're just trolling" and that normalized being racist and sexist and homophobic in regular internet discourse and now that's completely normalized these days. It's as bad as "everyone is entitled to their opinions". These are things reserved for "actually, tacos suck!" or "Black Olives are the best topping for pizza", not for "Police should be allowed to murder black people for no reason"

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/kenolin1/status/1309347252402491392
????

Wendigee posted:

it is. Guess how many qualified teachers they get these days after removing all the benefits and paying 35k a year?

drat even doubling that seems low.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1309369807247085568

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

It was an off duty cop wasn't it?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

drat even doubling that seems low.

It's cheap to live in Kansas... I worked for a California company that set up an office here, as an electrical/computer engineer for maybe 2.5x that for 7 years as a highly skilled and educated worker.

They layed us all off to hire new college graduates. You have to realize that Wichita is the "Air Capital" of america. Many people come here for school to go work for boeing etc. I was never in the airline industry because I saw the turnover, but turns out that storage solutions have the same turn over after 10 years.

I make a little less than double that now and to be honest I'm upper middle class. I own a house. I can buy what I want. My car is paid off. I am privileged to make ~60k a year in Kansas as an engineer with 10 years of experience.

The last two years I mash buttons and tell the developers how they hosed up so they can fix it. I don't write code, but I can mostly read it and tell them whats wrong. *sigh* I pray for death a couple times a year.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 25, 2020

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

twistedmentat posted:

no a pre-hire cop, this was the job interview

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Just like the Wehrmacht had all the cards in their hand, even up to the conquest of France. They could have iced Hitler, but they didn't want to. "We can always do it later, for now he's useful to us."

And suddenly the cards were gone.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

twistedmentat posted:

Off duty. Sure.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Johnny Walker posted:

Off duty. Sure.

Cops are never off duty, they're always looking for a chance to murder.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/phillipmbailey/status/1308582818818207744

quote:

"These ANTIFA and BLM people, especially the ones who just jumped on the bandwagon 'yesterday' because they became 'woke' (insert eye roll here), do not deserve a second glance or thought from us," it continues. "Our little pinky toenails have more character, morals, and ethics, than these punks have in their entire body."

"Do not stoop to their level. Do not respond to them. If we do, we only validate what they did. Don't make them important, because they are not. They will be the ones washing our cars, cashing us out at the Walmart, or living in their parents' basement playing COD for their entire life."

"COD" refers to the video game "Call of Duty."

Hallahan goes on to say, "If you need to bitch about it and get it off your chest, come to my office and we can vent together." She also claimed that officers "are being doxed merely because people just don't like being told what to do or what not to do by police."

very caring individuals we have in the pahhhhleece department.

also speaking of people running over protesters:
https://news.yahoo.com/man-drove-protesters-used-vineyard-041603757.html

quote:

An armed California man who is alleged to have driven his truck into a crowd of peaceful racial justice protesters this year was using his family's vineyard as a "training camp" to prepare for "civil disorders," federal authorities said Wednesday.

Benjamin Hung, 28, was charged with one count of conspiracy to transport firearms and making a false statement in acquisition of firearms, according to a criminal complaint filed this week in U.S. District Court for Central California.

In the complaint, an FBI agent named Diamond Outlaw said that Hung was arrested after he accelerated a Dodge Ram adorned with several flags embraced by right-wing extremists and a license plate that read "WAR R1G" into a crowd in Pasadena, northeast of downtown Los Angeles.

quote:

The agent says the protesters, who were chanting "Black lives matter here," ran out of the way to avoid being hit. After being detained by local police, Hung told authorities that he felt threatened after protesters threw things at his truck, according to the complaint.

No evidence corroborated Hung's account, the agent says, and officers who searched his truck found a loaded Glock handgun, a 15-round magazine, a machete, an 18-inch metal pipe, a megaphone and $3,200 in cash, according to the affidavit.

Hung was charged with attempted assault with a deadly weapon in state Superior Court. Court records show that he posted $30,000 bond June 12. An arraignment and plea are scheduled for Tuesday.

quote:

According to the federal complaint, Hung stayed in San Marino, near Pasadena, and Lodi, south of Sacramento, where his family has a vineyard.
all his guns were pretty much illegally brought into California from out of state.

glad to know these white shitheads will accept their fellow asian shitheads. brings a bit of a tear to my eye.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

an FBI agent named Diamond Outlaw

ok come on

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Thank You President for standing up for this importent isue. God Bless America

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptAuQcrviWk
LOL!

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
On the subject of Graham, my dad heard on a podcast that the real dirt that they have on him is that he shoplifts which I can't stop chuckling about.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

In the complaint, an FBI agent named Diamond Outlaw said that Hung was arrested after he accelerated a Dodge Ram adorned with several flags embraced by right-wing extremists and a license plate that read "WAR R1G" into a crowd in Pasadena, northeast of downtown Los Angeles.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Could we get bugs bunny to use a saw along the Mexican and Canadian borders and put loving America out to sea at this point, motherfuck.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Sound posted:

ok come on

tldr: Ben Hung rammed his ram into a crowd and now Diamond Outlaw is here to set things right

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 25, 2020

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I wonder if he ever worked with DEA Agent CARL MARK FORCE IV, another apparently real name

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
Good morning if you aren't angry enough today listen to this!

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/23/916290633/redmap-update

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

bollig posted:

On the subject of Graham, my dad heard on a podcast that the real dirt that they have on him is that he shoplifts which I can't stop chuckling about.

That is the real dirt. They don’t want to make him sound cool.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I just used PA as an example as its the state where the Gov was "yea sure I'll override the votes of the people to apease you lord emperor trump".

PA’s Gov is a Democrat.

bollig posted:

Pretty sure that’s based on a joke tweet from Al Franken of all people.

Lindsay’s gay. Everyone except hardcore SC Republican voters have known he was gay for years. Sadly, I bet his polling struggles this year are because more of his constituents have heard rumors about him being gay. Otherwise, it makes no sense why he’s struggling in a state Trump will win by double digits. What Trump voters are going to have a problem with Graham being so sycophantic to Trump?

But I think late October you either have male prostitutes going public or we at least see a compromising photo or video leak. Lindsay’s done, he’s just too dumb to know it. Even if he wins, the SC GOP is going to force him to resign after the election, and Trump won’t lift a finger to save him.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

LabyaMynora posted:

Even if he wins, the SC GOP is going to force him to resign after the election, and Trump won’t lift a finger to save him.

Looking forward to his book about how he always knew Trump was no good and bravely stood up to him all the time.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

drat, they letting babies be born now? That’s hosed up

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

ElGroucho posted:

drat, they letting babies be born now? That’s hosed up

Trump's pro-abortion but not pro-choice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Anyone who attends a Trump rally who isn't media should legitimately be sent to re-education camps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Donald Prump, yaail, donald trump.

Good morning. Sunday morning.

age limits lol