Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

making a new petition to telefrag earth with the sun

Congratulations and well done! You have beaten the hideous Earth, and it's hundreds of ugly changelings and monsters. You have proven that your skill and your cunning are greater than all the powers of reasoning. You are the master now. Wall street salutes you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

In this continuing tale of normalization, mediocre poster vaginite hoped that Mitt Romney would save us all. Will he? Only time will tell.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: I’ve been lying awake for almost 3 hours unable to sleep :lol:

Very cool. :thumbsup:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

vaginite posted:

In this continuing tale of normalization, mediocre poster vaginite hoped that Mitt Romney would save us all. Will he? Only time will tell.

Republicans will never save us from Republicans.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

4.6 earthquake in LA/OC..

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Strong Sauce posted:

Lol my air conditioner started running at the same time as the quake and I thought it was exploding or something.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

We're probably going to get a government shutdown for October now and the Breonna Taylor announcement is rumored to be happening this week and its not looking good for charges so the coming days are going to be fantastic.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1307196750994825216

mass shooting in NY.. i shouldn't have stopped drinking.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

LabyaMynora posted:

Republicans will never save us from Republicans.

Maybe Mitt will though. Bain Capital is about corporate raiding, but white supremacy that doesn't support capital gains is too far. That's what Mitt says. "There's only one kind of white supremacy I support, the kind that drives up BCC (Yahoo Finance: BioCardia), and because this particular white supremacy doesn't support my stock position, now i must say WHAT ABOUT DEMOCRACY?" Thus Mitt was declared a hero.

Please probe me 12 hours HGB.

Thank you.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Strong Sauce posted:

eh that's everyday poo poo in socal

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
just woke up and saw 300 new posts. oh.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
who’s screaming at me to log off? I will never log off

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Strong Sauce posted:

Sry its leg day

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

maybe we shouldnt have built our entire country on native american burial grounds.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

CodfishCartographer posted:

eh that's everyday poo poo in socal

hasn't been that big of one in lived in areas in a while

also i can't tell if these people are just really dumb or what
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1307214863882760192

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: Everyone thinks this is the election where SCOTUS will stop the ballot counting and set us on a path to fascism, but it turns out that was the 2000 election and we are living through the inevitable result of that soft coup :lol:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Trumpo is only upset at RBG's death because it means he might have to do an hour or two of real work.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

hasn't been that big of one in lived in areas in a while

also i can't tell if these people are just really dumb or what
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1307214863882760192

pretty sure it was the earth opening up a portal to hell

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

LabyaMynora posted:

:lol: Everyone thinks this is the election where SCOTUS will stop the ballot counting and set us on a path to fascism, but it turns out that was the 2000 election and we are living through the inevitable result of that soft coup :lol:

Its like poetry, it rhymes

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Robo Reagan posted:

grrrl bawss

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Spent yesterday night at an event with some friends here in berlin, we talked about trump and how unimaginably hosed America is at this time. I realized that not only was I not alone in staying informed about it, I'm also not the only one quietly going "what the fuuuuuuu" at any given moment. And now I wake up to this, incredibly.

Also a comment to the mods: I think it's really cool how I and others get probed for posting about biden in any capacity while you guys pepper tweets and poo poo about him into the thread constantly. That's the mod integrity I'm used to from this forum and it's great to see it's being upheld. In all seriousness, I get that you hate him and that this thread isn't the place for talking about him, but at least stop doing it yourself then please.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
hey

I took a break from the thread back when things returned to GBS because it was going too fast, and that was probably a good thing because I really needed a break. I was still tangentially following the news between then and now because, hey, gently caress that rear end in a top hat in the White House, he's literally making everything worse every loving day.

I was at work tonight when I heard about RBG's passing. There's nothing quite like hearing about how she died and how they're already planning to nominate a new Justice from a clueless Christian Republican woman. There's nothing quite like hearing a woman like this legitimately beam with joy when she tells you, in absolute sincerity, that she can't wait because maybe Ted Cruz could get a seat on the Supreme Court. I just kind of stood there, stupefied, trying to change the subject until I could check my phone five minutes later to confirm the veracity of these claims.

Jesus loving Christ.

I am defeated. Even if we get Trump out of office, the fact that people in the country like this exist and persist... it's ghastly. I look around in rural Minnesota and see tons of Trump flags in front of houses, occupied by MAGA hat wearing seniors. It's hard living in this country and hoping for change when each day brings more bad news. Realistically, this country has been derailed for atleast 20 years after a four year Presidency, assuming Trump is voted out. If he isn't, well... I don't even want to think about that now. I don't think it's really an option.

As I told my girlfriend when I confirmed the news, I'll also say here: "these next two months are going to be absolute hell."

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

The Grimace posted:

hey

I took a break from the thread back when things returned to GBS because it was going too fast, and that was probably a good thing because I really needed a break. I was still tangentially following the news between then and now because, hey, gently caress that rear end in a top hat in the White House, he's literally making everything worse every loving day.

I was at work tonight when I heard about RBG's passing. There's nothing quite like hearing about how she died and how they're already planning to nominate a new Justice from a clueless Christian Republican woman. There's nothing quite like hearing a woman like this legitimately beam with joy when she tells you, in absolute sincerity, that she can't wait because maybe Ted Cruz could get a seat on the Supreme Court. I just kind of stood there, stupefied, trying to change the subject until I could check my phone five minutes later to confirm the veracity of these claims.

Jesus loving Christ.

I am defeated. Even if we get Trump out of office, the fact that people in the country like this exist and persist... it's ghastly. I look around in rural Minnesota and see tons of Trump flags in front of houses, occupied by MAGA hat wearing seniors. It's hard living in this country and hoping for change when each day brings more bad news. Realistically, this country has been derailed for atleast 20 years after a four year Presidency, assuming Trump is voted out. If he isn't, well... I don't even want to think about that now. I don't think it's really an option.

As I told my girlfriend when I confirmed the news, I'll also say here: "these next two months are going to be absolute hell."

hey

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Ah good morning all! I had the best night's sleep of my life, now to catch up with the thread.

:) 400 new posts.

:| wait.

:( wait what.

>: ( the gently caress did I tell you about getting your loving poo poo together America. Fuuuuuuuuck.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

FogHelmut posted:

Lol my air conditioner started running at the same time as the quake and I thought it was exploding or something.

Something similar happened to me when I was a kid during the 1995 Seattle quake. My dad was angry with me and giving me a lecture, after we parted I turned a corned and the quake started and I thought he got so pissed he started shaking the entire house lol

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

no mods no masters. probe this you sick filth... sleepy joe biden!!!

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Oh for gently caress sake.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Son of Rodney posted:

Spent yesterday night at an event with some friends here in berlin, we talked about trump and how unimaginably hosed America is at this time. I realized that not only was I not alone in staying informed about it, I'm also not the only one quietly going "what the fuuuuuuu" at any given moment. And now I wake up to this, incredibly.

Also a comment to the mods: I think it's really cool how I and others get probed for posting about biden in any capacity while you guys pepper tweets and poo poo about him into the thread constantly. That's the mod integrity I'm used to from this forum and it's great to see it's being upheld. In all seriousness, I get that you hate him and that this thread isn't the place for talking about him, but at least stop doing it yourself then please.

lol forever at bitching about 6ers

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Comedy Republican option for the Supreme Court: Tucker Carlson so he can make the DreamWorks face at the other justices when they say words he doesn't understand.

Or

Smoll Ben cause I want to see him drowning in those robes.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

dumb question to ask in hell world: can anyone be nominated to be a supreme court justice?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Son of Rodney posted:

I tried to convey this a while ago. People here in central europe have no idea how terrible it is in the US and how the situation deteriorated that they're right on the brink of actual fascism. They know vaguely that things aren't looking good, but jfc.

You tell these things, and there's....nothing. Like somebody telling a tall tale, and you just move on and ignore it and talk about something else.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

kazr posted:

dumb question to ask in hell world: can anyone be nominated to be a supreme court justice?

What if trump nominates himself

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1307160113115852801

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
So they're going to nominate that weird drunk rear end Fox "judge" lady?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Jeanine Merlot or whatever that name was

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

24 hours later: "She was a nasty woman, and the most overrated judge. Very low ratings. Everybody is pleased she will be immediately replaced with an old white anti-abortionist. As the president of LAW AND ORDER I must now poo poo all over her legacy and achievements."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Post itt every time you lol Boris Johnson is pm

https://twitter.com/sarahvanpelt/status/1307218036588503043?s=19

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

Oh yeah. Watching the burning clown car of America helps distract us Europeans from the shitnado of our own situations.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

And even if he quit his job, he couldn't even go on the lucrative after-dinner speaking circuit because of Covid restrictions, lmao