Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Wait so in Texas, elementary school students and teachers don't have to wear masks? Even though kids under 12 can't be vaccinated?

Lol at all these chud kids who are going to have ED and vertigo in 30 years because of Abbott. I'm sure Texas will take care of their future medical issues and won't allow them to go bankrupt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

nuketulsa posted:

Bamboo grows like crazy in my yard in southern Oklahoma though hmmm

Just as mice are born of rotting straw, the Chinese are born of tall bamboo

Steadiman posted:

Party of small government, no restrictions for small businesses to set their own policies. Now here's some restrictions. But it's fine if you don't want to serve gay couples though. Democracy works!

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1401939616630984704

:lol::lol::lol:

There's no way to enforce this. Any demand to goods or services without a "totally voluntary" vaxx pass is "we reserve the right to refuse service" and you can add any excuse in there, including political! Judges can't touch it and it's on the plaintiff to prove they are specifically denying based on vaccines and not stupidity.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Theorizing that one could time travel within their own lifetime, Dr. Samuel Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator.... and vanished

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
loling at the very concept of trump planning anything

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Blooster posted:

Wait so in Texas, elementary school students and teachers don't have to wear masks? Even though kids under 12 can't be vaccinated?

Lol at all these chud kids who are going to have ED and vertigo in 30 years because of Abbott. I'm sure Texas will take care of their future medical issues and won't allow them to go bankrupt!

The future Reddit is going to be filled with "I'M 22 AND CAN'T GET A BONER :(" posts on r/noharddicksherethanksbiden

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Meloncholric posted:

loling at the very concept of trump planning anything

Trump's been planning to take down the Cabal since the 1980s lol!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Shanghaied posted:

There's that footage of Diane Feinstein somehow talking Trunt into supporting DACA, before a bunch of GOP goons jumping in like "no no no no, mr president that's not what we want!"

He's dumb as hell.

Trump is a complete coward and never disagrees with anyone privately. I can't think of a single person he fired face to face or even sent someone to fire them. It was always through Twitter. In the waning days of the administration he had that whole plan to replace a bunch of people in the DoD so he could withdraw all forces stationed overseas and he backed down immediately because Bill Barr threatened to go to the Oval Office and resign on the spot, in person. Even that had to be relayed, Barr didn't even get to go down the hall and threaten it himself.

His complete inability to deal with any sort of adversity is why he loved Twitter and shut down his blog because people thought it was a peek into the mind of a person rapidly losing their hold on reality. He could just ignore all the bad reactions and just bask in the glow of his fans.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

The future Reddit is going to be filled with "I'M 22 AND CAN'T GET A BONER, SO LETS ROUND UP AND KILL ALL NON-WHITES"

ftfy

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1314190421086687233

They are just playing the long-game

Precarious Manhood Predicts Support for Aggressive Policies and Politicians

DiMuccio & Knowles 2020 posted:

Precarious manhood (PM) theory posits that males are expected to actively maintain their reputations as “real men.” We propose that men’s concern about failing to meet masculine standards leads them to embrace policies and politicians that signal strength and toughness—or what we term political aggression. Three correlational studies support this claim. In Study 1, men’s fear of failing to meet masculine expectations predicted their support for aggressive policies (e.g., the death penalty), but not policies lacking aggressive features (e.g., affirmative action). Studies 2 and 3 utilized Google searches to assess the relationship between regional levels of PM and real-world electoral behavior. The use of search terms related to masculine anxieties correlated with Donald Trump’s vote share in the 2016 general election (Study 2) and, confirming preregistered predictions, with Republican candidates’ vote shares in 2018 congressional elections (Study 3). We close by discussing potential sources of variation in PM.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Mistle posted:

Just as mice are born of rotting straw, the Chinese are born of tall bamboo

:lol::lol::lol:

There's no way to enforce this. Any demand to goods or services without a "totally voluntary" vaxx pass is "we reserve the right to refuse service" and you can add any excuse in there, including political! Judges can't touch it and it's on the plaintiff to prove they are specifically denying based on vaccines and not stupidity.

Doesn't matter, it's just to enable their base to go off on businesses that actually understand the law and refuse service. And in Texas that will very likely end with guns somehow. It'll just result in small businesses getting ruined by chuds unfortunately

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

MrMojok posted:

I tend to joke around a lot ITT, but it is serious time now.

This is exactly it. The fraudits aren't seeking to overturn the 2020 election. Let's say somehow, a fraudit managed to prove beyond a doubt that Biden cheated and stole the election. There is still no constitutional mechanism to invalidate the election, and somehow reinstate Trump.

While a lot of poo poo-stupid republican chud voters and Q-tards think there is, there just isn't. Smart repub politicians like Ted Cruz, the ghoul McConnell, and others know that it isn't possible.

What this really is, is a PRE-steal. They are laying the grounds for 2022 and 2024, laying the grounds for a future where *suspected* fraud can be used to invalidate any election result that doesn't go their way.

I also want to add, someone in this thread a few pages back said "Trump won legitimately in 2016, and we didn't contest it."

I don't think I would go so far as to say it was legitimate.

1) There were about 16,000 votes that miraculously flipped from Gore to Trump in Volusia county Florida, and famously the repubs blocked a recount link
2) Thousand of votes made by black people disappeared in Georgia in 2018 link
3) HR 2722, the SAFE Act, introduced by House Democrats in 2019, would have completely removed all possibility of this poo poo the Repub lawmakers and Chuds are alleging now happened in the 2020 election. But, House Repubs voted against it 184-1. They blocked a bill that would have eliminated all doubt of the poo poo they are alleging now, because they wanted to be able to allege it now.

Republican lawmakers and their chud mouthpieces intended to totally destroy the voting machine company Dominion, this much is obvious. It wasn't because they hate Dominion, it was because they needed a fall guy to fit the narrative. Dominion may win billions in lawsuits, but they are finished as a company.

Who will step in to fill that void?

It's a company called ES&S, who has donated to Republican state legislation committees, used lobbyists to make illegal secret donations to people to get them to choose them for their new voting systems in their regional areas, paid to fly election officials to Vegas and bought them tickets to shows, leaked voting information for almost two million Chicago voters, were responsible for the thousands of black votes disappearing in Georgia in 2018 and in Tennessee in 2015, And who most recently lied about their election machine connectivity to the internet and insisted on doing their own hash validation testing.

I will give any poster ITT a forums upgrade of their choice, to anyone who can provide one single quote where a Republican politician even says the name "ES&S"

They don't say it, not ever, not on TV, not on twitter, not in any interview, and it's because they want to draw attention away from it, and focus attention on Dominion. There has been some kind of memo that's been sent out and they have all been told, "do not EVER, EVER, say ES&S. Only talk about Dominion and Smartmatic."

They have been cheating for years, ES&S is a big part of it, and is going to become an even bigger part of it in the next couple of years. This is how people like McConnell/Graham/Collins won their elections last year, and we are in deep, deep loving poo poo now.

The machines will be rigged in 2022 and 2024, in exactly the way the Republicunts are claiming they were rigged in 2020, and if they still somehow lose, the new state-level poo poo they are passing will make it possible to invalidate any Dem wins.

And not only is nobody in the Dem congress doing anything about it, nobody in the Dem congress is even TALKING about it. Dems lose and concede, there is no talk of audits, the same is going to happen in 2022 and 2024, and we are in deep loving poo poo.

For years I've counted on this thread for two things. lols, and stuff that makes me want to start drinking at 8:30 am. All i got is coffee, smh.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lol if you think he cares what barron is up to

The Saxecutioner
Mar 4, 2010

A nimble little mouse!

old beast lunatic posted:

For years I've counted on this thread for two things. lols, and stuff that makes me want to start drinking at 8:30 am. All i got is coffee, smh.

I'm staring at the vodka bottle across the room like, "Stop looking at me, I'll get to you around 1 this afternoon"

PTSD of the Trump admin is for realskies.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

Lazyfire posted:

the mind of a person rapidly losing their hold on reality

This presumes that Tunmp had any kind of hold on reality to begin with, though, which given that he was a rich failson I'm going to say it was likely a tenuous hold at best

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this makes a lot of sense

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

If you really want to get drunk consider this: They might not have to steal it. People came out in numbers to vote against Trump but not for the Democrats. Given the extreme likelihood of them failing to do anything of note improve the material conditions of most Americans and that almost all of the issues plaguing the country will only continue to deteriorate over the next 4 years - who's going to come out and vote for them in 2024? Hell, who's going to do in 2022?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Yeah this all sounds pretty bad ngl.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Lol!

Suck it chuds (bc I can still get it up :gizz:)!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
If you want an interesting read, here's one about a Southern Baptist Convention minister (and the president of their ethics commission, lol) who left because the SBC is super racist and totally into abusing women and children:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/russell-moore-sbc/619122/

quote:

I am trying to say this as clearly as I can to you, brothers and sisters: These are the tactics that have been used to create a culture where countless children have been torn to shreds, where women have been raped and then “broken down.”

Obviously, none of this is new to people reading this thread. However, it's nice to see Baptists realizing this poo poo.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Well, if you want a lol...

Mo Brooks (the brain jenius who tweeted out his gmail password) is the Republican in charge of Pentagon cybersecurity...

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

FilthyImp posted:

Theorizing that one could time travel within their own lifetime, Dr. Samuel Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator.... and vanished

Ziggy says in order for you to get out of here, that diaper wearing guy needs to be in office in 2021.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Bogus Adventure posted:

Mo Brooks (the brain jenius who tweeted out his gmail password) is the Republican in charge of Pentagon cybersecurity...

A dunderhead? in MY government?! Its more likely than you think.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bogus Adventure posted:

wait until you find out who the 45th president of the united states was

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Meloncholric posted:

wait until you find out who the 45th president of the united states was

I bet it was like a racist reality tv person who tries to sell beans or something while in office lol

E: oh gently caress lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Shanghaied posted:

Trump's been planning to take down the Cabal since the 1980s lol!

Oh poo poo CABAL?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_r4EOK509U

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

A lot of young republicans are the sort of people trying to cargo cult the perceived success, respect and power of those at the perceived "top" of the "natural hierarchy." So it makes sense that they'd virtue signal support for unpopular poo poo coded as "strong" or "rational" to denote their superiority. Even the endless stream of 18-year-old conservative wunderkind that never get the Shapiro experience at least stroke their own egos.

They're also the type to really enjoy the "strong men making hard decisions" in particularly fashy science fiction.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

MrMojok posted:

I tend to joke around a lot ITT, but it is serious time now.

This is exactly it. The fraudits aren't seeking to overturn the 2020 election. Let's say somehow, a fraudit managed to prove beyond a doubt that Biden cheated and stole the election. There is still no constitutional mechanism to invalidate the election, and somehow reinstate Trump.

While a lot of poo poo-stupid republican chud voters and Q-tards think there is, there just isn't. Smart repub politicians like Ted Cruz, the ghoul McConnell, and others know that it isn't possible.

What this really is, is a PRE-steal. They are laying the grounds for 2022 and 2024, laying the grounds for a future where *suspected* fraud can be used to invalidate any election result that doesn't go their way.

I also want to add, someone in this thread a few pages back said "Trump won legitimately in 2016, and we didn't contest it."

I don't think I would go so far as to say it was legitimate.

1) There were about 16,000 votes that miraculously flipped from Gore to Trump in Volusia county Florida, and famously the repubs blocked a recount link
2) Thousand of votes made by black people disappeared in Georgia in 2018 link
3) HR 2722, the SAFE Act, introduced by House Democrats in 2019, would have completely removed all possibility of this poo poo the Repub lawmakers and Chuds are alleging now happened in the 2020 election. But, House Repubs voted against it 184-1. They blocked a bill that would have eliminated all doubt of the poo poo they are alleging now, because they wanted to be able to allege it now.

Republican lawmakers and their chud mouthpieces intended to totally destroy the voting machine company Dominion, this much is obvious. It wasn't because they hate Dominion, it was because they needed a fall guy to fit the narrative. Dominion may win billions in lawsuits, but they are finished as a company.

Who will step in to fill that void?

It's a company called ES&S, who has donated to Republican state legislation committees, used lobbyists to make illegal secret donations to people to get them to choose them for their new voting systems in their regional areas, paid to fly election officials to Vegas and bought them tickets to shows, leaked voting information for almost two million Chicago voters, were responsible for the thousands of black votes disappearing in Georgia in 2018 and in Tennessee in 2015, And who most recently lied about their election machine connectivity to the internet and insisted on doing their own hash validation testing.

I will give any poster ITT a forums upgrade of their choice, to anyone who can provide one single quote where a Republican politician even says the name "ES&S"

They don't say it, not ever, not on TV, not on twitter, not in any interview, and it's because they want to draw attention away from it, and focus attention on Dominion. There has been some kind of memo that's been sent out and they have all been told, "do not EVER, EVER, say ES&S. Only talk about Dominion and Smartmatic."

They have been cheating for years, ES&S is a big part of it, and is going to become an even bigger part of it in the next couple of years. This is how people like McConnell/Graham/Collins won their elections last year, and we are in deep, deep loving poo poo now.

The machines will be rigged in 2022 and 2024, in exactly the way the Republicunts are claiming they were rigged in 2020, and if they still somehow lose, the new state-level poo poo they are passing will make it possible to invalidate any Dem wins.

And not only is nobody in the Dem congress doing anything about it, nobody in the Dem congress is even TALKING about it. Dems lose and concede, there is no talk of audits, the same is going to happen in 2022 and 2024, and we are in deep loving poo poo.

You mentioning ES&S reminded me that my county got new voting machines last year, and while ES&S was in the running, they went with another system. https://www.delcotimes.com/news/local/new-voting-machines-get-tryouts-in-delco/article_58c6d822-8886-11e9-8b54-37dd31f64628.html

And if we're looking at the legitimacy of past elections, I remember there being some questions around the 2004 election, specifically in Ohio, and more generally about Diebold voting machines. I think I read the most about it in an Al Franken book (LOL), but here's at least one article on it:https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2005/03/hitchens200503. Also, this wikipedia page got another lol from me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_Election_Solutions

quote:

Premier Election Solutions, formerly Diebold Election Systems, Inc. (DESI),[1] was a subsidiary of Diebold that made and sold voting machines.

In 2009, it was sold to competitor ES&S. In 2010, Dominion Voting Systems purchased the primary assets of Premier, including all intellectual property, software, firmware and hardware for Premier's current and legacy optical scan, central scan, and touch screen voting systems, and all versions of the GEMS election management system from ES&S.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The current president doesn't sit around watching fox news all day lol

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
It's very possible that the 2010 election, when Obama won a 2nd term and it broke white Republican conservative racist's minds- was the last legitimate US Presidential election.

Because of all the luddites in Congress today who have no idea about how anything more advanced than a mechanical typewriter works, anything using tech to tabulate votes in the future will be hackable.

Trump won by such a narrow margin, and along with speculation made in this very thread- that he was surprised he won because he wasn't supposed to and his allies overdid it making him "win"- it's looking more and more like Trump was just the literal test dummy to see what they can get away with next.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I figure I'll have to permanently bounce from the thread soon. It's nice to laugh at the former president pooping his pants but I'm also way more aware now of shitheads like Gaetz, DeSantis, MTG, Qbert, etc. I can't do anything to stop the coming rise of American fascism but I can at least calm my anxiety by not reading their stupid tweets all the time.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Thanks, Obama...

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

FilthyImp posted:

...Sam never returned home... because he was in jail for attempting to violently overthrow the United States government.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

This is somehow the stupidest thing on this page.

It is absolutely impossible to understand something like the problems around illegal immigration without actually flying all the way down to the border and staring at a lovely fence. You just can't do it. Doesn't make sense.

Sorry all twelve members of the jury, none of you personally witnessed me murdering Big Bird on the set of sememe Street. I'm off the hook! Footage of the incident from three different camera angles doesn't count, it needs to be in person.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's very possible that the 2010 election, when Obama won a 2nd term and it broke white Republican conservative racist's minds- was the last legitimate US Presidential election.

Because of all the luddites in Congress today who have no idea about how anything more advanced than a mechanical typewriter works, anything using tech to tabulate votes in the future will be hackable.

Trump won by such a narrow margin, and along with speculation made in this very thread- that he was surprised he won because he wasn't supposed to and his allies overdid it making him "win"- it's looking more and more like Trump was just the literal test dummy to see what they can get away with next.

I mean maybe, but there has been a hard fascist turn throughout pretty much the entire world in the past five or six years, and not all of those shifts can be chalked up to electoral manipulation.

The fascists are always lurking in the background, but when material conditions take a sharp downward turn they all crawl out of their holes and start looking for easily-designated targets to violently take their frustrations out on (and that aren't able to punch them back, because fascists are all utter loving cowards)

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

MrMojok posted:

I've never really heard much about this but its pretty wild.

scoop.co.nz posted:

On October, 10, 2002 Bev Harris, author of the upcoming “Black Box Voting: Ballot-Tampering” in the 21st Century, revealed that Republican Senator Chuck Hagel has ties to the largest voting machine company, Election Systems & Software (ES&S). She reported that he was an owner, Chairman and CEO of Election Systems & Software (called American Information Systems until name change filed in 1997). ES&S was the ONLY company whose machines counted Hagel’s votes when he ran for election in 1996 and 2002.

scoop.co.nz posted:

Charlie Matulka, the candidate who ran against Chuck Hagel in Nebraska’s U.S. Senate race in November 2002, also wrote to the Nebraska Secretary of State and to state elections officials in October 2002. He pointed out that his opponent had ties to ES&S, and asked them to look into the conflict of interest, but received no answer. Several Nebraska ES&S machines malfunctioned on Election Day, and Matulka filed a request for a hand count on December 10, 2002. It was denied, because Nebraska has a new law that prohibits election workers from looking at the paper ballots, even in a recount. The only machines permitted to count votes in Nebraska are ES&S.

scoop.co.nz posted:

The Washington Post characterized Hagel’s election in 1996 as the biggest upset of the election season. At the time, voters did not know that he owned and had held key positions with the company that counted his votes. But is it improper for a candidate to have ties with voting machine companies?
https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0301/S00166/senator-hagel-admits-owning-voting-machine-company.htm

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
e:wrong thread

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Steadiman posted:

Party of small government, no restrictions for small businesses to set their own policies. Now here's some restrictions. But it's fine if you don't want to serve gay couples though. Democracy works!

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1401939616630984704

"And if you DARE to implement a check on either shirts or shoes for service, you dirty filthy business owners are going to PRISON! WE REQUIRE FREEDOM HERE!!!"

gently caress this man with a rusty railroad tie.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/TheRealHoarse/status/1402245985967947776?s=19

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

I've never really heard much about this but its pretty wild.

Democrats suck so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

pro starcraft loser posted:

Ziggy says in order for you to get out of here, that diaper wearing guy needs to be in office in 2021.

“Yeah, but...”
*looks at 74-year-old*
*looks at 78-year-old*
“...which one?!”
*music stinger*
“Oh boy!”
*commercial break*