Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Durzel posted:

Lmao this guy was your President for 4 years.

That sounds extremely unlikely to me. Is it possible this guy just visited the white house once as a tourist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

He...does know that even if Biden resigned, that wouldn't automatically make him President again, right?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Durzel posted:

Only if you perceive time linearly.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Asterite34 posted:

He...does know that even if Biden resigned, that wouldn't automatically make him President again, right?

Lol of course not.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Funny, my sister was telling me this morning that - supposedly - with the new Census numbers it won't possible for Texas Republicans to gerrymander as effectively as they did in 2010 again; there simply aren't enough people in the rural areas compared to the urban areas. It's interesting that Crenshaw, who is in one of the most egregiously gerrymandered districts, started turning on Trump right before those numbers were released. :thunk:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Durzel posted:

#notmypresident

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://twitter.com/bsarwary/status/1426624176073367554

Why does this place look exactly like Trump's apartment lol

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
For your future 9/11 needs

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Wow, so disrespectful to your Country! Maybe you guys should impeach him?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Trump always looks like he already has diarrhea or is going to be getting it very soon

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Following their own logic it says “isdad “. Which is true, he is a dad. Where did the extra letter come from? I mean by that logic the very name “Obama” could mean “Paul is Dead” if we’re just gonna add letters wherever

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1427022022618624004

Of course.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why would anyone be surprised by their cowardice?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

You figure they'd want to keep evidence of the one thing Trump would pull out of

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Hope that poo poo's been Internet Archived.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

ikanreed posted:

That sounds extremely unlikely to me. Is it possible this guy just visited the white house once as a tourist?

Nope, he wasn’t carrying a weapon, didn’t trash the place, and wasn’t even planning to kill members of Congress. A shameful tourist.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

"On this day 500 years ago, a troop of Spaniards led by Hernán Cortés and native allies achieved the surrender of Tenochtitlán, in Mexico.

Spain managed to free millions of people from the bloodthirsty and terror regime of the Aztecs.

Proud of our History"

Holy poo poo. I'm from Spain and this poo poo made me cringe.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: :911: :lol:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

"On this day 500 years ago, a troop of Spaniards led by Hernán Cortés and native allies achieved the surrender of Tenochtitlán, in Mexico.

Spain managed to free millions of people from the bloodthirsty and terror regime of the Aztecs.

Proud of our History"

Vox loving sucks. What % support do they have? Was it like 10%?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Proud of our History"

I want to ask some native Central Americans how they feel about this but I can’t ever find any...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure there's plenty of native peoples groups who would be pleased to offer a rebuttal given the chance.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

goatface posted:

I'm sure there's plenty of native peoples groups who would be pleased to offer a rebuttal given the chance.

Clearly supporters of the BLOODTHIRSTY Aztec empire and not allies of the benevolent Spaniards trying to bring civilization to the barbarians.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Batterypowered7 posted:

Proud of our History"

EDIT: Meant to quote a different post. This one:

vaginite posted:

I want to ask some native Central Americans how they feel about this but I can’t ever find any...

Aztecs were North America. The capital of the Aztec Empire, Tenochtitlan, is where Mexico City sits now (because the Spaniards filled the lake surrounding it and built over it.

Regardless, that is definitely not a good look (especially since Cortés was the biggest piece of poo poo of the so-called Conquistadors).

Also, don't mind me. I'm dumb and would probably not post this if I had a second go.

Bogus Adventure fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 16, 2021

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

Aztecs were North America. The capital of the Aztec Empire, Tenochtitlan, is where Mexico City sits now (because the Spaniards filled the lake surrounding it and built over it.

Regardless, that is definitely not a good look (especially since Cortés was the biggest piece of poo poo of the so-called Conquistadors).

More than Pizarro? God, they were all huge pieces of poo poo. It's hard to pick the worst one.

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

A True Warrior 😔

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

no mom very hungry posted:

A True Warrior 😔

But do you have to hand it to him?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Batterypowered7 posted:

More than Pizarro? God, they were all huge pieces of poo poo. It's hard to pick the worst one.

My understanding is that Cortes was the one who really made himself rich through it, but your point stands. Pizarro was also a monster. They all were, including Columbus.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Edit: llol

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

My understanding is that Cortes was the one who really made himself rich through it, but your point stands. Pizarro was also a monster. They all were, including Columbus.

To tie this all back to Trump LOLs and just the general trend of poo poo that gets posted here about America trying its damnest to ignore its past, it was really good for me, growing up in Puerto Rico, having a couple of teachers go out of their way to really get into the nitty gritty of what the Spanish conquest was really like when I was relatively young (around eight years old). That poo poo gave me perspective that kids in the States just don't get, and it's doing them a huge disservice. I think the number of chuds would be greatly reduced if America was more willing to cop to its sins than it is.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

why the gently caress are the names censored here?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

PIZZA.BAT posted:

why the gently caress are the names censored here?

I think his name was Thumby McNoneck

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

haljordan posted:

lol what possible questions could there be about ashley babbitt

where they buyring her so we can lol at her grave

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What, Alan Herrera and H. Scott Apley?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Catastrophe posted:

Not a lol but I just wanted to try to be helpful for once, here.

It seems like a lot of hospitals or other medical sites have the option to log into your account with them to download your COVID vaccination verification as a file that you can then add to Apple Wallet as a card to display. Problem is, Apple Wallet (.pkpass) files don't have native support in Google Pay for people who happen to have Android instead of an iPhone. I discovered a free app "Pass2Pay" that lets you save an Apple Wallet file to your phone, open it in that app, verify details, and then it automatically inserts it as a new card to display in Google Pay with all of the details and QR code and stuff. Seemed to work fine for me.

Additionally, if you're like me and went to some little pharmacy or something that doesn't have a site you can go to in order to access an account with that sort of information: https://www.gogetvax.com/.

GoGetVax will let you put in all your info, scan your ID and vaccination card, they'll actually verify the details are legit, and you'll later get a notification when it passes and you can go download the verification file from their site. Another option is the Clear app for Android that also lets you manually enter in all your details and it'll generate a vaccination verification inside of the app for you. But if you want to use a known, standard app like Google Play, at least the option is there.

Have fun. Be safe. I know this is a Trump-ish thread but there's a lot of COVID talk here right now so I wanted information to spread.

and once again i need to remind people that if it's free and being run by a for-profit company then it means you're the product, not the customer

quote:

Information You Provide to Third Parties

We receive information about you from third parties, including as detailed below:

Healthcare professionals. Some healthcare professionals who use GoGetDoc may text or email you a coupon. In order to receive the coupon from your healthcare professional, you must provide your contact information and your prescription information. By providing your healthcare professional with your contact information and your prescription information, you are requesting to be contacted with prescription-related information, and you acknowledge that there may be some risk that the message could be read by a third party. We also receive information from our Medical Groups and other healthcare partners.
Marketing partners. We may work with third parties to conduct marketing campaigns and/or receive information for potential users of our Services. Such third parties may collect and provide to us personal information such as your name, contact information, medical information (such as condition and prescription) and demographic information (such as age and location).
Data partners. We may in some cases supplement the information we collect about you with information from third parties, including data regarding online activities across devices and online platforms.

By using the Services, you agree to let us use and share such personal information in order to provide services to you, to run our business (including for the purposes of internal business operations, analytics, and to provide, change, market or optimize our services and products), and to communicate and market to you (directly or via third parties).

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Batterypowered7 posted:

To tie this all back to Trump LOLs and just the general trend of poo poo that gets posted here about America trying its damnest to ignore its past, it was really good for me, growing up in Puerto Rico, having a couple of teachers go out of their way to really get into the nitty gritty of what the Spanish conquest was really like when I was relatively young (around eight years old). That poo poo gave me perspective that kids in the States just don't get, and it's doing them a huge disservice. I think the number of chuds would be greatly reduced if America was more willing to cop to its sins than it is.

:agreed:

The only reason I know any of this is because my Spanish teacher made sure we learned the Spanish-connected parts of New World history rather than simply the UK-centric version.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

mono posted:

I think his name was Thumby McNoneck

Flabius Fatass

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Batterypowered7 posted:

Proud of our History"

Tezcatlipoca wept.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1427048178335961092
https://twitter.com/jianji/status/1427049454750900231

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know why people are so shocked by what's happening in Kabul, they look like simple tourists to me.