Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Trump may be investigated for tax fraud, says Manhattan district attorney

After more than a year-long legal battle with Donald Trump, Manhattan’s district attorney said Monday he could have grounds to investigate the president and his businesses for tax fraud.

District attorney Cyrus Vance is seeking to persuade a federal appeals court to let him enforce a subpoena for Trump’s tax returns, four days before it considers Trump’s request to block the August 2019 subpoena to his accounting firm Mazars USA.

Lawyers cited in the filing “mountainous” public allegations of misconduct linked to Trump and his businesses to justify a grand jury probe into tax fraud, insurance fraud and falsifying business records. Vance had previously said the subpoena was also related to possible insurance and bank fraud.

Jay Sekulow, a lawyer for Trump, declined to comment on the filing, according to Reuters.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...19-live-updates
I'd like to see ol Donny Trump wriggle his way out of THIS jam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Tahirovic posted:

Funny, you say he's trying. He already finished his work. There's simply no way out of this anymore, Putin won the cold war based out of a crumbled Soviet Union which is a lol.

It's not even like Putin "won" - Russia's collapse into a kleptocracy was entirely a product of US foreign policy. You guys sent a bunch of Chicago school dickheads out there to help the Russian mob and intelligence services loot the Russian economy amid the collapse of the USSR and then did a surprise pikachu face when these thieves and murderers you enriched and empowered continued to be thieves and murderers. It's a self own for the history books.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I love how the lib media are stoking themselves into a frenzy about how this story is DEFINITELY going to sink Trump. As everybody didn't already know he was a serially bankrupt incompetent and fraud in hock to foreign interests.
Anybody who's going to vote for Trump isn't going to be put off by this weak poo poo lmao

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
It won't do poo poo lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Ted Cruz thing is you can be "smart" in terms of doing well in school and still be an absolute moron when it comes to figuring things out or understanding context. Ben Shapiro even said when he was at Harvard Law he just ignored what he was taught. Also part of it is they want power or money and will do anything to get it but based on tales of young Cruz and Benjamin they are true believers and never got smarter as they aged.

I mean look at the elites in the legal profession. Richard Epstein was an NYU professor (or still is?) and is the most or second most cited legal scholar and is a loving moron outside of his specific field. He's the guy who melted down when Isaac Chotiner cornered him on his awful COVID articles to the point Epstein stopped tweeting lmao. Alito is on the Supreme Court, went to Princeton and Yale Law, and is probably the dumbest person to ever sit on the Court. He's dumb enough that a non-law school educated dope like myself can pick apart his opinions and he's also a HORRIBLE writer on top of it.
I work in academic-adjacent field and often host visiting scholars with multiple phds and professional titles out the wazoo, and I wouldn't trust half of them to sit on a toilet the right way round. It's remarkable how stupid some of the best educated people in the world are.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Carole Cadwalladr is a loving moron who every follower of UK politics knows from experience to ignore. You can usually assume that the opposite of anything she says is actually true. When Johnson got the rona everybody was calling him a twat and hoping he would die.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

i dunno, i have no facts, but
The American electorate in a nutshell lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
From the Guardian:

quote:

If Dr Sean Conley was indeed correct when he said Trump had been diagnosed with Covid-19 sometime on Wednesday, the president (or people around him) knew he had the virus when:

He flew to Minnesota and attended an event in Minneapolis on Wednesday evening.
He flew back to Washington DC that night with staff on Air Force One
He left the White House at 1.15pm on Thursday to go to his golf club where he addressed donors outdoors, and met with other donors at an indoor roundtable. The father of one of those died of Covid-19 in spring.
LMAO

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

fake news!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

That's like a standard thing from Trump. Any time he gives someone a gift it turns out to be a cheap knockoff.

Like that time he gave a few hundred acre "park" to New York, that tuned out to be an unmaintained piece of wasteground, covered in bramble bushes and derelict houses full of asbestos lmao

e: oh, and he had it valued at several hundred million dollars and then used the gift to write that sum off his taxes

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
The fact that we've had hardly any tweets from the President and only a couple of obviously staged and canned photos in 48 hours leads me to believe he is very nearly dead.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

armchairyoda posted:

Srs question:

If the USSS has to put all POTARD’s poop in a can so it can’t be stolen, but the POTARD only poops in his depends pannies, is the “can” the USSS actually uses a “diaper genie”?

The most senior officer on the detail has the special duty of using a scraper to scrape all the liquid turds out of the presidential diaper into cans every day.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Why are the docs even announcing what drugs they've shot him up with, if the effects/usage guidelines on those drugs would obviously and immediately contradict their narrative that he's doing fine? There can't be any compulsion for them to tell the public what specific course of treatment he's on. It don't make no fuckin sense.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
They're all hovering over his body, suggesting tweets to send on his account, and then interpreting his gurgles, moans, and farts as yes/no lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Not holding up today's newspaper and wearing an "I LOVE LIFE" tshirt? Pre-recorded. Fake news.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

He's going to get Praetorian Guarded lmao

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
The last few nights I've been going to bed like it's Christmas and I'm 7 years old again. I snuggle down in my covers and have a happy little thrill about the lols tomorrow will bring when I wake up!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Omfg lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
MY BALLS

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Klaaz posted:

As much I don't mind to see him die in his own lung piss over there I think a lot of you goons really read too much into stuff. Lots of even older people did recover surprisingly fast without many side effects going on beneath the surface. Some of them die, yes.

Low energy, fake NEWS

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I thought it had already been long confirmed that Dan Scavino was the phone monkey, and responsible for sending at least some of the presidential tweets

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Ehud posted:

every time I see Kayleigh's name I think of this pic

Getting wistful for simpler times when this was a contender for stupidest thing I'd ever seen

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Today's been so good, my balls are spinning round like a novelty bow tie lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

pixaal posted:

I don't get this mentality at all. What kind of person goes I have enough money to do whatever I want and what I want is to sit in an office? Enjoy some TV, play some games. I dunno do rich people stuff if you want enjoy yachting or whatever, why are you in the stupid office?

I work closely with some unbelievably rich people, and have done for the past decade. They don't really understand anything, not even their jobs; it's all performative - strictly for appearances, but I don't think they even understand that bit.
One guy I know will turn up to the office at 10am, sit there playing with his mobile phone until 1pm, go for a two hour lunch, take a nap at his desk from 3-5, and then dash out the door, complaining about how exhausted he is. He's supposed to be overseeing 100-150 staff and managing hundreds of millions in assets, but I have literally never seen him do an hour's solid work in ten years.
I once made the mistake of asking him to fill out a bit of government-mandated paperwork (just four sides of A4 box ticking) and he hunched over the bit of loving paper, red in the face, occasionally stamping his feet and snapping at people, before eventually throwing it back to me half-finished (and incorrectly at that). Anything like practical work was a burden and an affliction to him. But all through the rona lockdown and furlough he's been snorting and crowing about lazy workers sitting at home on government handouts while "real people" have "kept working". In my experience most rich people are like this to some extent or another. I always think of them as 4 year olds dressed up in their dad's suits pretending they have jobs.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Ah. Well, nevertheless

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I'm so loving sick of this year. Just GIVE ME THIS ONE THING

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Lol that the President's hair and makeup staff still have to get within inches of his face every time he decides to do some stupid loving publicity stunt like standing on the balcony

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Discount Dracula posted:

It looks like he’s green-screened over footage of the White House. The lighting and his silhouette looks off.
:tinfoil:

I think it just looks odd because it's being shot with long lens?
Because the President is a highly infectious viral vector and nobody is allowed within 10 meters of him or they'll die lmfao

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
When the Trump Presidential Library is founded somebody ought to print this thread out, have it bound, and send it to them by certified mail.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I can't wait to see what Trump does if he clearly loses the election and is faced with the prospect of having to spend two more months in the White House as a lame duck.
Like he's clearly going to do or say some unbelievably petty poo poo and I just have a morbid fascination with what it might be. Will he just up and walk out in a petulant tantrum, leaving the seat vacant? Will he attempt to ram through as much poo poo to protect himself as he can, while dealing with the disintegration of his subservient cult as all around him desperately try to protect themselves? Will he go scorched earth and try to destroy and sabotage as much as possible, leaving a huge mess for his successor?

It's going to be a bountiful harvest of lols either way, and all I feel certain of is that the process will be entirely lacking in :decorum:

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Oct 11, 2020

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

Could I direct your attention to the last four years?

lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
lol??

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

If this stupid gently caress still manages to stumble over the line the Democratic machine will engage in no introspection and will learn absolutely nothing lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
He's just claimed it lol LOLLLLLLL!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Rip in piss america

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

So what’s the odds of trump winning now?

400%

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

The Postman posted:

Can the Supreme Court make a ruling after the votes are counted? Assuming Biden actually somehow gets more EC votes can they just say "ah yes well we see that now that everyone's legally cast vote has been counted that Joe Biden has won, but we're actually going to roll that back to the count as of Tuesday night because this is no longer a democracy"

Probably not, but they can say x hundred thousand ballots are ineligible for y arbitrary reason and, oh my, it seems to give President Trump a second term!!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Ivan Dolvich posted:

I voted for Warren in the primary.

lmfao good one

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

gary oldmans diary posted:

guys what if 100% of all uncounted votes are for trump :ohdear:

"They are, and that's why it's so important that they're not counted" - the president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

This doesn't give you the right to point at the US.

america sucks lmao