Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Trump didn't pay the insurance on his yacht because technically the bank owned it which forced them to pay since he wouldn't be the one hosed if it sank.

Not sure why he just didn't shave his head instead of looking like a hosed up troll doll.

Because then he'd look like a grown up cabbage patch kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

His head is shaped like a lightbulb.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Look at those [Bill] Clinton numbers. I won't feel confident that Trump will lose until Biden hits double digits like that.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

biden is gonna be winning by such a landslide in mail in counts that it's gonna look more like cheating that rules

A Whole Fuckload of People: "Wait, you mean I could have been voting ahead of time by mail this entire time? I don't have to miss work for this poo poo?"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

There's a hospital near me that has a guy in a tuxedo playing a grand piano in the main lobby.

If Biden wins Arizona, Wisconsin, and it's looking like Georgia is even in play, it won't matter.

It's because the statute of limitations on his NY crimes will let him off scot-free if he's president for another 4 years. If he loses, there's a very good chance he lands in prison.

Do you think Georgia is more or less likely than Florida? I'm really hoping the dong goes Blue this time.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

FL will go red, I'm absolutely sure of it. Biden has a 1-2% polling lead right now, but it's less than the lead that the democratic governor and senate candidates had the week before the 2018 midterm, and both lost. The polls were off by about 4%. I live in suburban FL on the east coast and it's always leaned conservative (like 60/40), but it's never felt as lopsided as it does this year. I see flags, signs, stickers, and hats for our wet american president everywhere and almost nothing for Biden. The urban areas will vote for Biden, but I don't think it will be enough to counterbalance the suburbs. And that's assuming the governor, a man who ran a TV ad of himself reading The Art of the Deal to his toddler, doesn't gently caress around with the results (which he will if it's close).

Think Bloomberg's gambit will change anything by election day?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

If you're "socially liberal but fiscally conservative" (ie a dummy that wants to appear smart) why would Trump (and the whole rest of the Republican party) ever appeal to you

'cause the fiscal (fewer taxes for me me me!!!) is more important to them than the social, and Republicans [in theory, but not in practice] align more with that.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

LabyaMynora posted:

His money sure didn't do jack poo poo for him in the Dem primary.

All he's going to do is make sure the same dumb commercial airs twice in a row every time you fire up a YouTube video or during every ad break on Hulu/Peacock/whatever streaming services have ads.

I meant the effort to pay off fines for felons that have finished the terms of their sentence.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

I haven't really looked into how it works. I read he started some fund to pay the fines / restitution that the FL legislature and supreme court enacted to undermine the amendment that voters passed to restore voting rights to felons. But I'm sure the state won't just accept a lump sum from a fund like that, they'll probably make every single person go through an individual process to pay the fees and apply to get their rights restored, and make it as hard and time consuming as humanly possible just like they do with any other programs the state has to legally provide but doesn't actually want to (e.g., unemployment). Then once that's done, they'll have to register to vote. The deadline for that is October 5th. So if Bloomberg's thing is actually guiding people through that and trying to expedite the process of getting 10s of thousands of people with felonies in their past actually registered, then yes it could make a difference. But if they didn't actually follow through with anything other than money, then no it probably won't.

I guess you'd also have to assume that a significant majority of felons with outstanding fines would vote against trump for it to matter. That very well could be the case given the racism in the justice system and demographic voting trends, but I haven't seen the numbers to know how big of an effect it is.

The wikipedia entry for Amendment 4 says

"Florida's disenfranchised felons constituted 10% of the adult population, and 21.5% of the adult African American population"

And

"The amendment went into effect on January 8, 2019, making an estimated 1.4 million people with felony convictions eligible to register to vote."

I can't remember where I read that African Americans vote 90-95% Democrat in Florida as a bloc. I thought that since races in Florida can be very close, that injecting a significant amount of potential voters that lean heavily Democrat might make a difference. Articles from the other day said fines for 32,000 people had been paid, which isn't 1.4 million, but might still make a difference (assuming people go out and vote).

E: I'm just being hopeful, not saying it'll happen.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 29, 2020

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Said without a hint of irony, holy poo poo.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Don’t be like cspam don’t believe polls we are better than this

Can you imagine GBS posters toxxing for a Biden win?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

It would've been funny if Titor had said "and Donald Trump will be president in a few years" and that's what everyone used to debunk the posts.

John Titor predicted a civil war. Maybe our timeline was just a little out of sync with his!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lmao, I didn't realize they changed the name. Good grief, that sounds like milk equivalent of pig anuses.

Breyers still sells ice cream. Some of their offerings don't have enough milk to qualify, so they have to write that alternative on the box.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Biden's definitely a one-term president if he wins, right? The Dems wouldn't run him again at eighty-something years old, even as the incumbent, right?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Why doesn’t trump just have Biden arrested and suicided

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Pick posted:

i think this topic is weird, inappropriate, and not funny

It's a little macabre, but it's quite telling that the thought of Trump using a play right out of the authoritarian strongman playbook doesn't feel like it's out of the question.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Reminds me of how states in the early 1900s tried to disenfranchise black voters by having a literacy test to be eligible to vote but didn't realize that many poor whites couldn't read either. So they had to figure out a way to word it so that whites could vote but not blacks but not actually say that part.

And that's where we got the phrase "grandfathered in".

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

boar guy posted:

i really wish it were later in the day than 2:30 in the afternoon so i could justify drinking

It's 5:30 on thr East Coast. You're clear!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

This thread has given me more energy than any pre-workout powder ever could.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

boar guy posted:

that's a slippery slope you're waving me on to, friend

I might just have to finally open up the passion fruit rum tonight:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

An insane mind posted:

Working hard... *cough cough cough cough cough cough cough* ohgod *cough cough cough* I kushnered all over myself. *cough cough cough cough* Thank you!

Oh my loving GOD, LOL

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

SHOW US THE POLL NUMBERS.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

TheAardvark posted:

if he demanded to walk it they may be pumping him full or meth to power him through it right now LOL

They gotta trick him with some panzerschokolade.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

most americans aren't goons. believe it or not attacking a dying president doesn't play well even with people who might hate him

So what I'm hearing is that more Americans should join our wonderful forums.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

South posted:

I know this is 20+ pages ago, but my fiance is russian and I read this in the terrible GTA 4 inspired accent I use to quote her. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.

до свида́ния

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

His hands are so small!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

we lost the pussy boss pack it in guys

Legitimately thought you meant the president.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Someone hit me with an IV drip.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Mox Hombre posted:

has Drake posted an update yet about what he thinks of the situation? genuinely interested

I'm waiting on Ja Rule, personally.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I keep refreshing the thread so I can catch the tweet as it gets posted, but it's not happening!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

No Oxford comma. Disgusting.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Lung fluids are generally semi-opaque.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Lmao, people are gonna really gonna believe he got himself infected on purpose just to show it's no biggie.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I really hope they didn't have a person in that room with him recording. He's not wearing a mask, so that person would have been getting lungfulls of virus-laden air.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

No need to brag, jeez.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Grimdude posted:

Someone help me understand what happened to my buddy:

The most ardent liberal I've known irl. Total Bernie supporter, hated Hillary, etc. Ever since 2016 he's literally done nothing but defend everything Republicans do/say and attack everything Democrats do/say. His entire timeline since 2016 is one giant devil's advocate argument. He's the one in red and I'm green. He posted this.

Seriously what the gently caress happened to people when he won? I get how his supporters got crazier and became more devout followers, but why the gently caress would a hard-left liberal feel the need to defend every little thing Trump does? I really don't think it's as simple as "he's a chud" but like, maybe just terminal decorum poisoning? But that seems like an establishment Dem thing not a far left thing. It's just so insufferable to be around someone who tries SO hard to defend Trump for... reasons?

Maybe his mind broke when Bernie didn't get the nomination and now he's doing a "this is what America deserves" bit.