Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's starting to look like the October Surprise is going to be China attacking Taiwan.

https://twitter.com/economics/status/1308041624585469953?s=20

A Chinese fighter jet crashed near the Taiwan strait earlier this month and neither side have confirmed/denied anything about the reason it crashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Catastrophe posted:

Florida being Florida. Not even going to comment much here because holy poo poo

Except that even just 1B appears to give people the legal right to simply drive through protesters without consequences. There's a lot more to take in here, though.

Hey, cool! America is making Carmageddon real

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lolling that Trump and the GOP think Putin is a nice guy because he's a nationalist bigoted criminal like them (and also he sends them money) so they're like "he can't be that bad, can he?"

Sure, Putin is absolutely not trying to crumble the US from within. Don't trust what your intelligence services warned you about, lol

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

busalover posted:

The GOP is also trying to crumble the US from within.

It might naive of me but, why?

Like is it just for the money and then they flee to their secret islands and let the rest of the country deal with the chaos?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Yeah. The same reason they don't care about the environment. They won't be here when it's an issue so gently caress it. They literally are completely amoral and greedy above all.

Mmm, I get the guillotines now. It wasn't a metaphor at all.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Can he nominate Ivanka?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Regrettable posted:

It is and always has been his entire persona that he is a wealthy businessman and without it he has nothing. It's why talking about him being bad with money was the one thing he would not tolerate and why the number one defense from his supporters when his failures to get results as POTUS were pointed out was to point to the stock markets "because he's running the country like his businesses." A lot of the people who voted for him did it because they thought he could make them wealthy but now Republicans are having to admit that he can't even make himself wealthy. If it's fake then there's no leaker to go after because there was no leak.

Every Trump cultist will simply claim he's so smart for avoiding taxes.

This story doesn't mean to them he's not making tons of money, just that he doesn't pay taxes, something they all want to emulate.

The tax part isn't even that important; the focus should be on how he's paying his children millions in consultancy fees, just another of his scams to funnel public money into his pockets.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

An insane mind posted:

What can I as a foreign white dude do to help? I don't have much but do some goons maybe have some causes I could donate to to help? This is just so infuriating.

You can probably help stop populism and far-right spreading in your own country, because with the COVID stuff and disinformation campaigns things aren't going well.

Here in Belgium the Vlaams Belang (Belgian far right) is paving the way for taking the power in the coming years, massively targeting younger people and flooding social medias with propaganda.

I mean I feel bad for Americans too, but at this stage, I think all we can do is stop the crazy conspiracy theories from leaking into Europe too much. Because as we can see in the Trump thread, this is what is poisoning the minds of people.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

An insane mind posted:

True, sadly loving true. Here it's Forum voor Democratie and the Partij voor de Vrijheid (why are their names always so loving infuriatingly obvious) and people are flocking to them in droves. Meanwhile the centre-right party in power is watching this happen and going OH WE NEED TO BE MORE LIKE THEM gently caress FOREIGNERS gently caress EMPATHY! And I'm just sitting here with my stupid sign that says "Love eachother for gently caress's sake" and trying to deprogram loving family members and sometimes I want to scream.

What I really hate is the only exposure most people here have to immigrants are all the reports of young hopeless Afghans/Iraqis/etc doing crimes, which of course is happening but not like a crazy epidemic or something. Meanwhile my previous neighbours are Syrian refugees who came here after their family got slaughtered home for being Christians, and their business burned down. They are both engineers and live with 2 kids in an appartment the same size I was living in alone as a student. One of the kid is starting university and the mother would randomly knock on my door to offer me food.

These people are so much better human beings than all the racist fucks claiming all refugees are only coming here to steal our jobs and profit from our system and that they risk nothing back home.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

hemale in pain posted:

there's probably still a very large numer of people who vote for trump because they saw him on the apprentice and think he's a successful businessman. so revealing he's in debt might lose him a couple of votes i hope :shrug:

Uh, lol no.

Maybe that's what introduced them to Trump, but after 4 years of brainwashing they will never leave the cult.

It's like in Scientology, after spending huge amount of time, energy and money into that worldview, when you are finally revealed you live into a Hubbard Sci-fi novel, your critical sense just switches off so you don't have to face the harsh truth that you were a gullible idiot.

Cults (and being a chud is being in a cult) are 100% about sunk costs fallacy. They will double down saying it's all an attack from the deep state and lying media rather than having to re-examine their beliefs.

That's why conspiracy theories and disinformation are so dangerous, it's almost impossible to deprogram someone who invests themselves in it.

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 28, 2020

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Eh there's a nonzero number of non-Q Trump guys. Like my Kurdish buddy who loving loved the Republicans cause they whacked Saddam and liberated his people, lol owned buddy

Do you think he'll like Trump less for not paying his taxes?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
This US presidency season's finale is really over the top.

And to think there's still one month worth of lols ahead.

Truly we live in interesting times

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

An insane mind posted:

Haha. The right wing sphere of my country : Wow the Donald was controlling that debate with all the mastery of a great orator.

They were watching the same shitgoblin I was right?

The day Trump dies they will be "Wow! Trump ascended to a higher frequency of existence! He's so great!"

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Thank you for reminding me about this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmyZcBnC2M

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Godlikeproductions, a forum for conspiracy theories that become over the years a forum for racist militia type trump supporters is pinning threads openly calling their members to prepare for civil war after watching their messiah fail the debate. Before the moderators would always tone it down but not anymore

It's going to be fun. I hope they are on FBI watch list.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Isn't hair loss one of the Covid symptoms? Asking for a prez

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Honj Steak posted:

There is a hell dimension possibility you haven't considered yet: Trump dies, but it is peacefully and calmly in his sleep while being delirious because of oxygen deprivation. He never suffers and America plunges into a civil war after he's dead.

His wife and children don't inherit any debt as the Trump company declares bankruptcy. They flee to the Bahamas where billions funnelled over the years are awaiting them.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Next's season synopsys:

Trump survives but the virus mutated inside his body, giving birth to a new far deadlier strain. A new cluster started among the GOP, and eventually 99% of the population is wiped out by the "Trump virus".

With civilization gone, global warming stops, biodiversity increases, conflicts stop, and a new golden age starts that people call "the Maga age".

Trumpianism becomes the new dominant religion and a new Trumpian year count is started.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Diorama posted:

hey what happened to all the 2012 people? like, there seemed to be a lot of people going all-in on the idea that 2012 was the end of the world, where did they all go when the bubble burst?

Real answer: they say that in 2012 earth started a process of raising its frequency into 4D. The world entered a period of chaos and depending on how you deal with it you are either reincarnated into 3D earth again, or you can move to the next level on the new parallel 4D earth.

I'm completely serious.

Also every time they are a bit anxious they post "the energy today is crazy! I think the frequency is increasing or possibly we are jumping timelines" then all the crazies come join the party and claim "I feel it too"

Been like that forever now. It was already like that before 2012

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

If Trump was the super spreader that means his viral load was high, right?

:pray:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

infraboy posted:

It's really weird because Remdesivir supresses the immune system because it is used when the body's immune system is over-reacting like a cytokene storm which is common in severe covid cases.

It would probably make the virus a lot worse if your immune system was suppressed. So perhaps Trump is just pushing for whatever drugs/treatments he has seen on TV even if the doctors don't recommend it.

So they're either lying about how bad the symptoms are or the treatments or both. who knows, 4 years of basically destroyed credibility and everyone is too afraid to tell the truth.

The way I understand it, Covid-19 causes inflamatory responses in the body, leading to the symptoms we know.

Suppressing the immune system would thus diminish Covid-19 symptoms (which can be devastating), but you are right, it wouldn't fight the virus itself.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Didn't Trump pay for a playmate's abortion anyway?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

continuing to defy state laws in the hopes that trump somehow doesn't get crushed in CA

https://twitter.com/SalHernandez/status/1315792674805280768

Trump man has found one weird trick to commit crimes.

State AGs hate him.

the trick is to commit all the crimes because nothing matters

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The security agent saved the patriot from a slow and painful Roni death. He should be thanked

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I read today that Zuckerberg will send $100 millions more to help organize elections locally (because states are incapable to budget it themselves lol). When people were critical about it, asking how can we check it's not politically motivated, Zuck answered "I swear it's not politically motivated, there are plenty of small, rural communities that need better access to voting, whomever they vote for"

Zuck is totally a chud, right?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

get rid of Trump and DNC and GOP can work together easy".

Ahahaahahaha, just like they did when he was VP?

Jesus Christ

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

nullEntityRNG posted:

now were right back at 2016 with HIS EMAILS again?

Well, it did work back then, didn't?

This time it's even about pedophilia so there's no reason it doesn't work again

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

BrigadierSensible posted:

With all the Republican poo poo-ing and suppression of early and mail in votes, have they managed to make early and mail in voting a politico-gendered thing?

I.E. have they done the same thing they did with masks. "This normal and good thing that will help you is for pussies and liberals. If you are a real man/real conservative you won't do it, and will fight tooth and nail against it"?

Coz if so, then it will be fat hillbilly republicans waiting the 8 hours to vote, whilst liberals will have already done so. And looking at the CHUDs, I can see a bunch of the lazy fucks walking away and not bothering to stand in line long enough to get to the ballot box.

Once again Trump has shot himself in the foot.

Trump voters will literally camp under the rain for hours just to hear him tell jokes about wind turbines. Do not underestimate the dedication of a cult member

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The green skies of Alpha Draconis, home planet of the reptilians

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

"We recomend you check your home insurance policy to include attacks by antifa"

Clearly not the thought of a Trump supporter.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

InternetJunky posted:

In case anyone is wondering, the dems send out emails just as stupid as the GOP begging ones. Someone with a similar email address to me obviously used the wrong email address when making a donation to the guy running against McConnel and now I'm getting spammed beyond belief with begging emails all using the same language as the GOP ones. They are coming in non-stop.

What if it's neither dems or GOP, but scammers?

BTW, I'm offering FREE CRYPTOS for everyone clicking my link below. WHILE IT LASTS!

GREAT CRYPTO DROP

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I really hate Trump, but I also hate the insane amount of money required to campaign for office. gently caress.

This is called a barrier to entry, and prevents anyone who isn't a member of the whealthy club from running.

Pretty much illegal all over the world too

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Methanar posted:

Voting for trump is good actually because a civil war is the only way to fix the us

There's much more chance of civil unrest if Biden wins.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Zurtilik posted:

Does he ever actually explain how the suburbs would be destroyed?

Poor people

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
The right-wing conspiracy sphere is in currently in meltdown mode.

Started with Biden putting a lid on in-person campaigning

Then the guy who apparently first announced Epstein's death now claims Hunter Biden is dead, the reason why Biden stops his in person campaigning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiJDMuzsnxs

Then it quickly devolves from there with people claiming Hunter's laptop contained proofs he hosed Malia Obama (as well as pics of him loving his cousin and snuff), so Obama "overdosed" Hunter out of rage

https://twitter.com/555destinychild/status/1320604045342609408

That's some quality lols there

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Bronze Fonz posted:

Unrelated but this reminds me of all those times I've done coke and made sure to photograph the illegal substance in question next to an ID card, just in case this needs to come up some day.

It's an old pic from when some people stole her credit card and posted it online next to coke

https://mtonews.com/hackers-stole-malia-obamas-credit-card-posted-it-online

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 26, 2020

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The right-wing conspiracy sphere is in currently in meltdown mode.

Started with Biden putting a lid on in-person campaigning

Then the guy who apparently first announced Epstein's death now claims Hunter Biden is dead, the reason why Biden stops his in person campaigning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiJDMuzsnxs

Then it quickly devolves from there with people claiming Hunter's laptop contained proofs he hosed Malia Obama (as well as pics of him loving his cousin and snuff), so Obama "overdosed" Hunter out of rage

https://twitter.com/555destinychild/status/1320604045342609408

That's some quality lols there

In a shocking turn of events, Hunter is actually not dead, but Joe is fleeing to Canada because he knows he's losing against Qanons forces

https://twitter.com/monstrundryobed/status/1320638863216312321

lol

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
:spooky: DON'T VOTE FOR THE BLACK WOMAN! :spooky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78eWdDoUPJI

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

busalover posted:

Shaking my head so many goons don't know about the church of latter day saints.

I know their god has endless celestial sex with his many mormon wives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GIjGqer9UY

So I guess their founder just made a cult to bang a lot of chicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here's another question. It's along the lines of "Trump, but smart", so has probably been asked and answered many times.

But looking at the mountain of graft, corruption, criminality, and downright lies that the Trump administration has been guilty of. To absurd degrees even, (fake Melania, coked up DTjr claiming death rate is almost nothing on a day 1000 people die, literally breaking open postboxes etc.), and how they get away with it. Imagine the horror when/if a competent administration, run by someone who can easily pass a dementia cognitive test sees this and realizes what THEY can get away with.

Coz if DonDon and his army of moronic sycophants, (motherfucker chose Guiliani as his personal lawyer), can get away with this, what could someone good at their job get away with.

Think on that America.

What makes you think it wasn't already the case? Only difference is the Trumps are so dumb everything they do is super obvious