Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I have been following this thread since ... feels like forever. I pretty much quit reading books because I tend to like satire and applied science books, and for different reasons this thread highlighted events that kind of ruined the written versions.

But I'll admit, sometimes I'd be working for a couple of weeks and couldn't catch up. I'd swipe and read every 5th page like a filthy animal. These last few pages have shown me a few highlights that I'd missed (above). Thanks for those and the stroll down memory lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Roundup Ready posted:

gently caress that list is huge, yet needs to be updated by like a hundred more entries since it's origin

Os there any way to put a post on a yard sign? Because I was out of town for a week and returned to a crop of trump2020 signs on my street.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

It's beautiful.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Thread moved fast, but I didn't see a "No ring." comment.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Huh, I didn't know that humans could infect other species.

If I had to believe anyone hosed a pangolin...

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

quote:

It’s hard to know what counts as a fuckup when you work for Donald Trump.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

25k drunk hillbillies are allowed a selfguided tour of the capitol building

Summed up today nicely.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

DickParasite posted:

I used to work at a DOE lab and I had plenty of incredibly lazy libertarian coworkers

I wondered about that. I interviewed at 2 DOE labs and had 1 offer that I turned down after meeting the project team. I just got this crazy skeevy vibe at both labs, and decided gov't service just wasn't a fit.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

I wasn't kidding about the Bankers/lawyers thing. Truck Execs figured out they could make a ton more money making trucks for "Status" assholes in big cities, than to make actual trucks for people to use working.

I am not paying loving 60 grand for a goddamn truck.

I drive a beat up pick'em up truck. Rear quarter panel all hosed up. Losing paint. Leaks when it rains. 225k miles. Not a crew cab so no one can sit in the back (enough room for Dog, though).

I use it, and abuse it, for work. I make good money. And I'm saving to have the engine, exhaust and transmission replaced because there's no way in hell I could buy a new version of the same. Truck prices got super stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Star Platinum posted:

Pick up rake
Go west

As someone whose week off plans got off track because of the current smoke situation, this post made me lol pretty hard.